Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hartline signs/what does this tell us about Amendola's market price?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Hartline signs/what does this tell us about Amendola's market price?

Brian Hartline just signed a 5 year deal with Miami for an average of $6.15M/year.

Is Danny worth more... less... about the same?

What does this tell us, if anything, about Danny's market value and the likelihood of him returning to the Rams?

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: Hartline signs/what does this tell us about Amendola's market price?

I had the same thought when I saw the Hartline deal. I think that Danny is worth less that Hartline. In 4 years, Hartline has missed 4 games total and he is also more of an outside receiver.

Maybe this is just me hoping that Danny is worth 4-5 a year, meaning we should be able to bring him back, but who knows. I do think this helped our cause though.

Hartline is also 2 years younger and coming of a 1,000 yard season. If I'm the Rams, I'd argue that this sets Danny's price in the mid-5s.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

PAY THE MAN!! I just want to see #16 in Blue and Gold.

THE DREAM TEAM

Amendola's agent: "Danny won't take a penny less than $10 million per year."

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    PAY THE MAN!! I just want to see #16 in Blue and Gold.
    And now you know why sosa is not the GM of the Rams.
    sosa39rams and ZiaRam like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Amendola's agent: "Danny won't take a penny less than $10 million per year."

And now you know why sosa is not the GM of the Rams.
    Manipulation at it's finest! In all seriousness, for 5 and a half I'd re-up Danny pretty quickly. I just read a report that the Pigeons (Eagles) are going to go after him.
    ZiaRam likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think the Dolphins lack of any other options at WR should be viewed much like ours. I think he was partially resigned for that money because if they happened to strike out on Jennings or Wallace, the cupboard is practically empty for them.

Do we as the Rams think in the same way? The emergence of Givens was nice, but can be thought of like the presence of Davone Bess on the Dolphins. Serviceable for now, but would you be comfortable with only him out there leading the way? I'd think not.

Right now we shouldn't feel comfortable letting Danny walk, but we also shouldn't feel comfortable giving him $6/year if he's not going to finish a season. It's a tough one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I think the Dolphins lack of any other options at WR should be viewed much like ours. I think he was partially resigned for that money because if they happened to strike out on Jennings or Wallace, the cupboard is practically empty for them.

Do we as the Rams think in the same way? The emergence of Givens was nice, but can be thought of like the presence of Davone Bess on the Dolphins. Serviceable for now, but would you be comfortable with only him out there leading the way? I'd think not.

Right now we shouldn't feel comfortable letting Danny walk, but we also shouldn't feel comfortable giving him $6/year if he's not going to finish a season. It's a tough one for sure.
    I agree with a lot of what you have said, but I'd like to think that Givens has a significantly higher ceiling than Davone Bess.

Rambos is online now Registered User

SI's Peter King expects the Eagles to show interest in free agent Danny Amendola.
    King notes that new coach Chip Kelly wants players who can "play fast and smart," and Amendola fits the bill when healthy. Philadelphia could save cap space by releasing incumbent slot receiver Jason Avant, and make a big upgrade by replacing him with Amendola. Expect Amendola to command $6 million a year.
    Related: Eagles
    Source: SI.com

6 per sounds about right

shower beers is offline Registered User

I agree with a lot of what you have said, but I'd like to think that Givens has a significantly higher ceiling than Davone Bess.
    Of course. It wasn't meant to be taken literally, just that we would be left with one real option much like the Dolphins would in that scenario.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I think that deal hartline got should be same that Danny Amendola should get. When danny is on the field he is a difference maker for Sam Bradford...

Even with the injury history Amendola should be re-signed and we may have to over pay but im interested in Sam Bradford's progression to an elite QB...This is the first consecutive season he will have the same O-coordinator and I think he should keep Amendola and Gibson for continuity with and addition of another weapon whether its a TE or WR in the draft.

We just need to find a way to keep the continuity....however that reported 10 million a year is ridiculous and we should walk at anything over 8 mill a year

I think the Patriots are the only team that will offer more than the Rams will will and that is only if they cannot get Welker...Its probably going to be a long off-season of uncertainty for Amendola's services because he probably wants way more than anyone is going to give him (seriously though his agent wants 10 mill wow)

EDIT: and by the 8 mill i stated early that is only if its mainly a front loaded contract and we can cut him cap efficiently in 2 years

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Does Danny have a not so great injury history? Yes. But those games he is on the field he causes the opposing coaching staff/players to account for him and changes their entire gameplan against us. I'd suggest if somebody doesn't see this they haven't been watching their teams games this past year or two. Signing Danny to a decent contract now should be a lot more likely ranging in the 5-6.5 mill I'd imagine. Hopefully Welker signs up here pretty damn soon which is going to limit Mr. Amendola's agent to a point.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -03-08-2013 at 03:42 PM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I hope this doesn't screw up the market price for receivers. Anybody who has consistantly watched Hartline play knows he isn't worth that much. I seriously doubt any team in the league would even consider giving him that much money. DA is better than Hartline and he has been Bradford's only reliable target since he got here, but if he wants more than Hartline then I say let him walk and try to get Austin, Swope or another slot receiver in the draft for a lot less money. I thought we would be done with stupid moves like this that inflate contracts league wide after Al Davis died...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

What does this tell us, if anything, about Danny's market value and the likelihood of him returning to the Rams?
    My guess is that the Rams will suggest he's worth less than this, while Amendola's agent will say he's worth at least as much. Maybe they can find some middle ground if another team doesn't jump in and give Amendola a big deal, but a part of me thinks if a receiver-hungry team is willing to give Hartline $6+ million per, Amendola can probably get it from someone.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My guess is that the Rams will suggest he's worth less than this, while Amendola's agent will say he's worth at least as much. Maybe they can find some middle ground if another team doesn't jump in and give Amendola a big deal, but a part of me thinks if a receiver-hungry team is willing to give Hartline $6+ million per, Amendola can probably get it from someone.
    Agree with Nick Amendola gets a similar contract to this and it is NOT from us. I think Amendola walks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast