Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Is he worth it?

  1. #1
    rayzorram's Avatar
    rayzorram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Redlands,California
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    9

    Is he worth it?

    Is donavan mcnabb worth giving up a 2nd round pick?


  2. #2
    Aussie Dave's Avatar
    Aussie Dave is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Not a chance.
    We're trying to build a strong core of young talent so we have have a long run of winning,
    McNabb is aging and won't add to our long term success like the pick would.

  3. #3
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,412
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    Not a chance.
    We're trying to build a strong core of young talent so we have have a long run of winning,
    McNabb is aging and won't add to our long term success like the pick would.

    Agree 100%. I like McNabb as a player, but this is too high a price tag and comes at the expense of our future and building thru the draft. No chance of it happening.

  4. #4
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Is he worth it?

    We wouldnt know unless we did tat trade, but I would say no. He wont be hear long enough, or he wont play well enough to be worth a second round pick.

  5. #5
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Is he worth it?

    The player we draft with our second round pick this year is going to be a solid starter for the next decade for this team, and I would rather take that than an aging McNabb who's going to be rusty in the next few years.

  6. #6
    Dominating D's Avatar
    Dominating D is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The player we draft with our second round pick this year is going to be a solid starter for the next decade for this team, and I would rather take that than an aging McNabb who's going to be rusty in the next few years.

    Just like Tye Hill, Alex Barron, Adam Carricker, D. Lewis, J. Kennedy, Joe Klopfenstein, Brian Leonard all have ben solid starter for a decade.

    If you pay attention to the history of the draft you would not make a statement that assumes a 2nd round pick will be productive. As a Ram fan I would hope so but I would not count on it.

    McNabb is clearly worth a 2nd round pick. He would bring leadership, hope, knowledge/experience, and the expectation of winning that this team needs.

    I believe that all the losing the team has endured the last few years is crushing the spirit of the team. McNabb can give the players motivation/hope to continue work hard and I believe with the additions of McNabb this team will be very competitive in a very weak division.

    Go Rams

  7. #7
    thickandthin's Avatar
    thickandthin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Just like Tye Hill, Alex Barron, Adam Carricker, D. Lewis, J. Kennedy, Joe Klopfenstein, Brian Leonard all have ben solid starter for a decade.

    If you pay attention to the history of the draft you would not make a statement that assumes a 2nd round pick will be productive. As a Ram fan I would hope so but I would not count on it.

    McNabb is clearly worth a 2nd round pick. He would bring leadership, hope, knowledge/experience, and the expectation of winning that this team needs.

    I believe that all the losing the team has endured the last few years is crushing the spirit of the team. McNabb can give the players motivation/hope to continue work hard and I believe with the additions of McNabb this team will be very competitive in a very weak division.

    Go Rams
    Tye Hill, Alex Barran, and Adam Carricker were first round picks not second.

  8. #8
    Dave2oo2's Avatar
    Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Is he worth it?

    I agree that our second round picks have been bad, and I won't mind having a QB like Mcnabb on the roster. I think that too much stock is put into draft picks and not the players that have proven themself. To say that certain players will start for decades to come is a joke. I just hope that we don't trade for McNabb and then take Bradford with the 1st pick. Maybe we get McNabb via trade then take Suh with the 1st pick, that is what I want to see.

  9. #9
    Dominating D's Avatar
    Dominating D is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    Tye Hill, Alex Barran, and Adam Carricker were first round picks not second.

    I know that is my point

  10. #10
    Dominating D's Avatar
    Dominating D is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2oo2 View Post
    I agree that our second round picks have been bad, and I won't mind having a QB like Mcnabb on the roster. I think that too much stock is put into draft picks and not the players that have proven themself. To say that certain players will start for decades to come is a joke. I just hope that we don't trade for McNabb and then take Bradford with the 1st pick. Maybe we get McNabb via trade then take Suh with the 1st pick, that is what I want to see.

    Actually, those who are arguing to build for the future should consider adding McNabb and Bradford. McNabb can mentor him and give him a chance to learn just like Rodgers did behind Favre and Rivers behind Brees.

    Go Rams

  11. #11
    Aussie Dave's Avatar
    Aussie Dave is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Just like Tye Hill, Alex Barron, Adam Carricker, D. Lewis, J. Kennedy, Joe Klopfenstein, Brian Leonard all have ben solid starter for a decade.
    thats a fair point but it can be said that those picks were made before we had billy d and a scouting department.

  12. #12
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,944
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Actually, those who are arguing to build for the future should consider adding McNabb and Bradford. McNabb can mentor him and give him a chance to learn just like Rodgers did behind Favre and Rivers behind Brees.

    Go Rams
    That's Icky. We'd arguably have to send away our two top picks, not to mention dotting the I's and crossing the T's on two massive contracts into filling one positional need.

    Unfortunately, we aren't a thing like Minnesota or the New York Jets, in that all the pieces for a championship run are otherwise in place, leaving the only real need to be addressed in the present as an NFL-Ready QB. IMO, we have far too many holes to fill to think about spending our first pick on a QB and trading out of pick 33 for another.

  13. #13
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,411
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Is he worth it?

    If McNabb would agree to a contract extension, I would trade our 3rd round pick. Odds are very good McNabb is going to be a free agent next year.

  14. #14
    ram1906's Avatar
    ram1906 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Is he worth it?

    What are we now...Philly west. Why dont we sign Brian Westbrook and Will Witherspoon back too.

    Anyway I do feel that McNabb/Suh combination makes us better. Isnt the point to WIN? Can anyone be sure what a draft picks potential is....heck no. Nabb is a proven PROBOWL QB. If he has 2 years left in the tank...I'll take it. We can WIN the west with a qb and an improved defense. Call me the Optimist but Arizona with Lienhert doesnt scare me...Cheat Carrol wont get any more out of Seattle and The whinners are the Whiners. We sign AJ because he "knew" the offense....Heck...McNabb ran the offense. Pull the trigger and dont look back. Whats the worse that could happen...it wont be as bad as a rookie QB either sitting on the bench or thrown in the fire. And again the point is TO WIN!!!

  15. #15
    JustinHasAnAxe's Avatar
    JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Is he worth it?

    Bradford/McNabb has its advantages. With McNabb we are playoff contenders in such that we have a shot to win the division. Also if hes only here for one year we can let Bradford ease in without hurting our cap for the next X amount of years. Then again... is it worth #33 for a shot at the playoffs? Could help bring that culture of winning back to our Rams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
  2. Jeremy Jarmon: Worth a look in Supplemental Draft?
    By AvengerRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
  3. Would Bruce really be worth it?
    By coy bacon in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -03-06-2006, 08:29 PM
  4. Is it worth it...?
    By moklerman in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -03-15-2005, 09:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •