Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is he worth it?

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Is he worth it?

Is donavan mcnabb worth giving up a 2nd round pick?

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

Re: Is he worth it?

Not a chance.
    We're trying to build a strong core of young talent so we have have a long run of winning,
    McNabb is aging and won't add to our long term success like the pick would.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    Not a chance.
    We're trying to build a strong core of young talent so we have have a long run of winning,
    McNabb is aging and won't add to our long term success like the pick would.

Agree 100%. I like McNabb as a player, but this is too high a price tag and comes at the expense of our future and building thru the draft. No chance of it happening.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

We wouldnt know unless we did tat trade, but I would say no. He wont be hear long enough, or he wont play well enough to be worth a second round pick.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

The player we draft with our second round pick this year is going to be a solid starter for the next decade for this team, and I would rather take that than an aging McNabb who's going to be rusty in the next few years.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The player we draft with our second round pick this year is going to be a solid starter for the next decade for this team, and I would rather take that than an aging McNabb who's going to be rusty in the next few years.

Just like Tye Hill, Alex Barron, Adam Carricker, D. Lewis, J. Kennedy, Joe Klopfenstein, Brian Leonard all have ben solid starter for a decade.

If you pay attention to the history of the draft you would not make a statement that assumes a 2nd round pick will be productive. As a Ram fan I would hope so but I would not count on it.

McNabb is clearly worth a 2nd round pick. He would bring leadership, hope, knowledge/experience, and the expectation of winning that this team needs.

I believe that all the losing the team has endured the last few years is crushing the spirit of the team. McNabb can give the players motivation/hope to continue work hard and I believe with the additions of McNabb this team will be very competitive in a very weak division.

Go Rams

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Just like Tye Hill, Alex Barron, Adam Carricker, D. Lewis, J. Kennedy, Joe Klopfenstein, Brian Leonard all have ben solid starter for a decade.

If you pay attention to the history of the draft you would not make a statement that assumes a 2nd round pick will be productive. As a Ram fan I would hope so but I would not count on it.

McNabb is clearly worth a 2nd round pick. He would bring leadership, hope, knowledge/experience, and the expectation of winning that this team needs.

I believe that all the losing the team has endured the last few years is crushing the spirit of the team. McNabb can give the players motivation/hope to continue work hard and I believe with the additions of McNabb this team will be very competitive in a very weak division.

Go Rams
    Tye Hill, Alex Barran, and Adam Carricker were first round picks not second.

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

I agree that our second round picks have been bad, and I won't mind having a QB like Mcnabb on the roster. I think that too much stock is put into draft picks and not the players that have proven themself. To say that certain players will start for decades to come is a joke. I just hope that we don't trade for McNabb and then take Bradford with the 1st pick. Maybe we get McNabb via trade then take Suh with the 1st pick, that is what I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    Tye Hill, Alex Barran, and Adam Carricker were first round picks not second.

I know that is my point

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2oo2 View Post
    I agree that our second round picks have been bad, and I won't mind having a QB like Mcnabb on the roster. I think that too much stock is put into draft picks and not the players that have proven themself. To say that certain players will start for decades to come is a joke. I just hope that we don't trade for McNabb and then take Bradford with the 1st pick. Maybe we get McNabb via trade then take Suh with the 1st pick, that is what I want to see.

Actually, those who are arguing to build for the future should consider adding McNabb and Bradford. McNabb can mentor him and give him a chance to learn just like Rodgers did behind Favre and Rivers behind Brees.

Go Rams

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

thats a fair point but it can be said that those picks were made before we had billy d and a scouting department.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Actually, those who are arguing to build for the future should consider adding McNabb and Bradford. McNabb can mentor him and give him a chance to learn just like Rodgers did behind Favre and Rivers behind Brees.

Go Rams
    That's Icky. We'd arguably have to send away our two top picks, not to mention dotting the I's and crossing the T's on two massive contracts into filling one positional need.

Unfortunately, we aren't a thing like Minnesota or the New York Jets, in that all the pieces for a championship run are otherwise in place, leaving the only real need to be addressed in the present as an NFL-Ready QB. IMO, we have far too many holes to fill to think about spending our first pick on a QB and trading out of pick 33 for another.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If McNabb would agree to a contract extension, I would trade our 3rd round pick. Odds are very good McNabb is going to be a free agent next year.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

What are we now...Philly west. Why dont we sign Brian Westbrook and Will Witherspoon back too.

Anyway I do feel that McNabb/Suh combination makes us better. Isnt the point to WIN? Can anyone be sure what a draft picks potential is....heck no. Nabb is a proven PROBOWL QB. If he has 2 years left in the tank...I'll take it. We can WIN the west with a qb and an improved defense. Call me the Optimist but Arizona with Lienhert doesnt scare me...Cheat Carrol wont get any more out of Seattle and The whinners are the Whiners. We sign AJ because he "knew" the offense....Heck...McNabb ran the offense. Pull the trigger and dont look back. Whats the worse that could happen...it wont be as bad as a rookie QB either sitting on the bench or thrown in the fire. And again the point is TO WIN!!!

JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User

Bradford/McNabb has its advantages. With McNabb we are playoff contenders in such that we have a shot to win the division. Also if hes only here for one year we can let Bradford ease in without hurting our cap for the next X amount of years. Then again... is it worth #33 for a shot at the playoffs? Could help bring that culture of winning back to our Rams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast