Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is he worth it?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: Is he worth it?

I'd rather keep Bulger. I never liked Mcnab.

Let the hype begin.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Actually, those who are arguing to build for the future should consider adding McNabb and Bradford. McNabb can mentor him and give him a chance to learn just like Rodgers did behind Favre and Rivers behind Brees.

Go Rams
    It's amazing that somehow just because Bulger hasn't performed up to expectations since his 60 mil. contract he is not capable of being a mentor to a drafted QB (whoever that may be). The question is whether he has the motivation or the desire to do that. I think if that ends up being the case at the most he hang around for one year then ask to be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    Not a chance.
    We're trying to build a strong core of young talent so we have have a long run of winning,
    McNabb is aging and won't add to our long term success like the pick would.
    All I can say is Dan Pastorini, Bert Jones and I do believe even the Great Joe Namath! NO THANKS

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    Pull the trigger and dont look back. Whats the worse that could happen...it wont be as bad as a rookie QB either sitting on the bench or thrown in the fire. And again the point is TO WIN!!!
    You wanna win so bad you would have us trade the #33 overall pick away? A pick that could turn out to be a James Laurinaitis or a Donnie Avery? Someone who will be a starter for a long time? And for what? Instant gratification?

I'd rather have a 10 year playmaker, than a 2 year fart.

harrydog is offline Registered User

I think that the combination of McNabb, Suh and a QB taken later in the draft this year like McCoy or LeFevour, or drafting a QB next year, would be more beneficial for both our short term and long term success than if we were to draft Bradford.
    I'm just not sold on Bradford being an elite prospect plus his durability is still somewhat suspect.
    Having said all that, I have a feeling the McNabb deal won't happen.

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    That's Icky. We'd arguably have to send away our two top picks, not to mention dotting the I's and crossing the T's on two massive contracts into filling one positional need.

Unfortunately, we aren't a thing like Minnesota or the New York Jets, in that all the pieces for a championship run are otherwise in place, leaving the only real need to be addressed in the present as an NFL-Ready QB. IMO, we have far too many holes to fill to think about spending our first pick on a QB and trading out of pick 33 for another.
    AGREED. I do not want to spend our top 2 draft picks to fill a single hole in a team that has many needs. I am looking for a team improvement for 2010, not a single position improvement.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorram View Post
    It's amazing that somehow just because Bulger hasn't performed up to expectations since his 60 mil. contract he is not capable of being a mentor to a drafted QB (whoever that may be). The question is whether he has the motivation or the desire to do that. I think if that ends up being the case at the most he hang around for one year then ask to be traded.
    Who has Bulger mentor?

McNabb has a young QB behind him that some feel is ready to be a starter.

Go Rams

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Just like Tye Hill, Alex Barron, Adam Carricker, D. Lewis, J. Kennedy, Joe Klopfenstein, Brian Leonard all have ben solid starter for a decade.

If you pay attention to the history of the draft you would not make a statement that assumes a 2nd round pick will be productive. As a Ram fan I would hope so but I would not count on it.

McNabb is clearly worth a 2nd round pick. He would bring leadership, hope, knowledge/experience, and the expectation of winning that this team needs.

I believe that all the losing the team has endured the last few years is crushing the spirit of the team. McNabb can give the players motivation/hope to continue work hard and I believe with the additions of McNabb this team will be very competitive in a very weak division.

Go Rams

Last year, Billy Devaney actually had a major role in the draft. And he picked Laurinaitis with our second round pick. And now, Laurinaitis is a lock to be a solid starter for the next decade. Devaney's first choice last year for our second round pick was RB Shon Greene, who is also a very good player.

So, what that means is that Devaney knows what he is doing. I wouldn't be surprised if our second round pick this year gives us a solid starter... also considering that this year's draft's talent is enormously deep...

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

McNabb would be worth a 2nd round pick if we were a 9-7 team last year without a decent QB. You have to have a strategy, and trading away your best picks for 33 y.o. veterans when you just went 1-15 is rarely going to be a solid one.

Who has Bulger mentor?

McNabb has a young QB behind him that some feel is ready to be a starter.

Go Rams
    Are you saying that you're one of those who believe Keith Null is our future. I too have said that Nulls pre NFL years were impressive and let's give him a chance but that price would be too big to pay especially if the reports are true that Atogwe would be part of the trade. The 33rd pick essentially is a 1st rd. pick. Remember that Favre specifically said that it wasn't his job to mentor Rodgers and Rivers and Brees were only together 2004 and 2005 and it was no secret that their relationship was rather cool since Brees was putting up tremendous numbers knowing that he was on the trading block so was busy increasing his stock. Obviously Bulger hasn't been in the position to be mentoring anyone while injured at least on the field. But I do believe that Bulger's was involved in mentoring Ryan Fitzpatrick who was a starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorram View Post
    Are you saying that you're one of those who believe Keith Null is our future. I too have said that Nulls pre NFL years were impressive and let's give him a chance but that price would be too big to pay especially if the reports are true that Atogwe would be part of the trade. The 33rd pick essentially is a 1st rd. pick
    I don't think he's saying this at all. If you'd read above, D is suggesting that we use both of our first picks on QB's: Bradford and McNabb.

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

Do we trust Billy D on picking a QB. Can you say Ryan Leaf!

Quote Originally Posted by smitheRAM View Post
    Do we trust Billy D on picking a QB. Can you say Ryan Leaf!
    Hey SmitheRAM, educate me was Devaney the GM of the Chargers at the time and if not then who in this QB Draft has the known character flaws that Leaf had going into the draft. Did you know that Leaf was Keith Null's QB coach at West Texas A & M?

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I don't think he's saying this at all. If you'd read above, D is suggesting that we use both of our first picks on QB's: Bradford and McNabb.
    Thanks BAR-bq for the correction but still not sold on this idea of Mcnabb/Bradford. Here's hoping that you have lots of reasons to celebrate bar b queing this upcoming Rams football season!!!! I'm with you Dominating D on GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

And this topic seems to reflect this picture as of now..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast