throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bing69 is offline Registered User

Healthy Bradford or dominate Suh?

I have little or no knowledge of the college game so i put this question to the clan. If Bradford had stayed healthy last year, and had another solid season would there still be a debate over who we should pick? Ive read if Bradford came out last year for the draft he would have been valued higher than Stafford, this alone tells me he has talent. But would a completely healthy Bradford be better than the overall best player in the draft (and apparently best DT in the last decade) Suh?? Whether we need a QB or not, i still feel the new management will stick to their guns and build from the trenches before pulling the trigger on a QB

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Healthy Bradford or dominate Suh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    I have little or no knowledge of the college game so i put this question to the clan. If Bradford had stayed healthy last year, and had another solid season would there still be a debate over who we should pick? Ive read if Bradford came out last year for the draft he would have been valued higher than Stafford, this alone tells me he has talent. But would a completely healthy Bradford be better than the overall best player in the draft (and apparently best DT in the last decade) Suh?? Whether we need a QB or not, i still feel the new management will stick to their guns and build from the trenches before pulling the trigger on a QB
    If Bradford has played last season and put up good numbers(Lets say 30 TD's and under 12 Int's) I dont think there would be any disputing who the top pick of the draft would be. No doubt that Suh would still be a top pick, but Bradford would clearly be the better pick for us.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Whoops, was replying to the wrong thread!
    Last edited by Nick_Weasel; -03-04-2010 at 04:14 PM.

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

exactly if bradford played without injury this past year he would be our pick no question.
    picking Suh or Braford cant go wrong either way although this franchise needs a new hope and direction the most important position on the field is a qb and barring a dissapointing pro day with his shoulder or any setbacks he should be the guy. Offense was worse than our defense this year for the first time since the superbowl win has the defense been better than the offense. Attendence has been the worst this year than ever before the average fan would much rather want a qb jersey than a d-linmen, and i realize you have to have a good defense line and defense wins championships but Bradford along with jackson can move the rams in the right direction. besdies hopefully carriker can come back strong, and the DT class is deeper than QB.

Bradford wont be getting thrown into the fire as bad as stafford was. Bradford has the best running back in the confrence and our o line should be getting better with smith and brown leading it.

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

My worst fear is that we get a "red hot QB" and watch him get beat down all season like Bulger. We went through 3 Qb's this last season, is Bradford gonna step in and do something different?

No one ever answers.

Jake Locker 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    My worst fear is that we get a "red hot QB" and watch him get beat down all season like Bulger. We went through 3 Qb's this last season, is Bradford gonna step in and do something different?

No one ever answers.

Jake Locker 2011.
    Maybe he will maybe he wont. You dont know, I dont know, no one knows. It's all a gamble. Sure some guys have a higher chance, Bradford has a higher chance to be successful then Zan Robinson. I would assume you would want Suh or McCoy with the first pick? How would that help us keep any QB off of his back? Are you proposing we take Iupati or Okung? For that matter say we pass on Bradford and take Locker, how are we going to keep him off of his back, who is to say that Locker wont bust in the NFL? Why is Locker a better pick next year then Bradford is this year?

Does that answer your question?

i dont understand why anyone can ever say pass on bradford he is to fragile lets get Locker NEXT YEAR. First off how can u say next year the rams can get him, the chances of that happening are extremly slim who knows where we pick who picks ahead of us and how he does maybe Locker gets injured next year. i Bet many lions fans said when they had the first pick to lets get curry this year and bradford next year. Bradfford would have been the first pick last year and a deffinate top pick this year except for injury he is adding wieght and i dont suspect wieght to be a problem for him.

anyways a healthy bradford and a dominate Suh are both extremly wanted but i would pefer Bradford due to the rams needing to bring excitment back to the dome and another face to the franchise cant go wrong either way

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    i dont understand why anyone can ever say pass on bradford he is to fragile lets get Locker NEXT YEAR. First off how can u say next year the rams can get him, the chances of that happening are extremly slim who knows where we pick who picks ahead of us and how he does maybe Locker gets injured next year. i Bet many lions fans said when they had the first pick to lets get curry this year and bradford next year. Bradfford would have been the first pick last year and a deffinate top pick this year except for injury he is adding wieght and i dont suspect wieght to be a problem for him.

anyways a healthy bradford and a dominate Suh are both extremly wanted but i would pefer Bradford due to the rams needing to bring excitment back to the dome and another face to the franchise cant go wrong either way

You really think Bradford is a franchise qb? I think hes just the best average qb of an average qb draft class. The Rams can't be exciting by having a dominant defense and bringing in a veteran qb? I would love to see the Rams get Locker and its not out of the realm of possibilities whether it be via trade or if they suck again. Will it happen probably not, but why pull the trigger on Bradford when many think he's over rated. Just because he's the best qb in draft doesnt make him a sure franchise player. I think the qb's in this draft are nothing to write home about. I'm all for drafting Suh number one over all and passing on the mediocre qb's.
    Just Fix It

yes Bradford can be a franchise qb he has won a heismen trophy and is a very accurate passer has good height he only needs to bulk which he will anyways now he is becoming a pro.
    Suh alone will not make the defense domiante right now its too early to tell OJ maybe on his way out(i pray he is not) Little might not come back. we dont know what we have at our corners or on either side of JL. what veteran qb are we gunna get dont even say vick. buldger just needs to go i feel sorry it has to end like that to Buldger but he had 3 awful seasons.

the rams need another direction i live in new york and matt sanchez did wonders for the jets if Bradford declared last year he would have been the top pick if he didnt get that freak injury we wouldnt being having this thread. its football everyone has suffered an injury before Bradford is on scehdule and lets see how his pro day goes but barring a setback he needs to be the rams selection

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'd go for Bradford, if Tampa Bay's willing to give us good trade picks otherwise I'd rather pick Suh.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    You really think Bradford is a franchise qb?
    The man who threw 50 TD's and 8INT's(two of which bounced off of his receivers hands) . Ya, I would say that kid had a decent chance of being a franchise QB.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

This is my last thread on Bradford. Bradford as everything you want in a franchise guy. Fairly Strong Arm (yes, throwing 50 yarders with zip is a strong arm), Good Accuracy, Intelligent, Confident, Leader, High Character. What's not to like about him. He even won in college something Locker has yet to do although I don't blame him.

Simply saying only thing Locker has that Brad doesn't is (I'm guessing) 4.5 speed and a non-surgically repaired shoulder. Bradford is more accurate and their arm strength is fairly equal. I think Bradford is plenty mobile and athletic

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post

Well if you want a Plan B contingency if Locker is gone, Mallet's also better than Bradford.

TakeSuh Guest

To let everyone know oklahoma likes to run up the score so bradfords stats from last year are results of 60-12 wins over ****ty teams!

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    To let everyone know oklahoma likes to run up the score so bradfords stats from last year are results of 60-12 wins over ****ty teams!
    Bradford 2008 season ranked teams
    #17 cinncy 38 att 29 cmp 5td 2 int
    #7 TCU 34 att 19 cmp 4TD 0 int
    #4 Texas 38 att 28 cmp 5 td 2 int
    #12 Tex Tech 19 att 14 cmp 4 td 0 int
    #16 ok st 44att 30 cmp 4 td 0 int
    #19 Missouri 49 att 34 cmp 2 td 0 int
    #1 Florida 41 att 26 cmp 2 td 2 int

Seems like pretty good stats to me vs. rasnked opponents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast