Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Healthy Bradford or dominate Suh?

The Big XII, minus Nebraska, plays arena college football. The absence of defenses tends to positively skew offensive production.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Read most of the post, and what I am missing is the thought process or the plan to get out of this habitual losing. If we are truly "starting over", then the plan should be to draft the potential in Bradford and attempt to build around it. But last I checked, we have a QB who currently is currently receiving a hefty contract. Is Bulger that bad a qb?? Everyone talking about Bradford, well he is going to have the same experience based wr corp running routes that Bulger did. I see drafting Bradford as a continuation of what we have done wrong for the last 5 to 6 years in the draft room- lack of a solid plan. I would rather see the rams take suh which we KNOW will help our run defense versus a hopeful future established qb when we already have one. Lefluer, Pike are the type of qbs that would help solidify the roster, but to take a qb first doesnt translate to getting better especially without any high level tools around to support his growth. (See whose drafting right behind us). Spags' forte is defense. Humm now we are going to draft the next great qb (again look at whose drafting behind us) when we have the opportunity to establish what should be our coaches strength. DEFENSE. Suh will make Luranitis better. This I KNOW. Bradford will make the team better (No...maybe in 4 yrs), the receivers better (No we still have half of the Eagles practice squad wr on our roster), offense better (poor SJ...he cant look forward to having a rookie in there). just sayin... But lets look at the plan or path we are going...Long, Carriker, Luranitis...put Suh in that puzzle, add a FA (Say Osi from NYG) along with Little and Ryan. Your Dbs and LBs just got better on the strength of your defensive core. One player making other players better is why you have the 1st overall pick, not to hope a shoulder holds up or he develops or has the leadership to make us better. I'm done with hope...lets go for the sure thing. No... maybe not the next Sapp or Reggie White, but a big strong athletic inspired DT who is going to draw double teams , allow my mike lb to have free reign and take the entire d-line to the next level.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    Read most of the post, and what I am missing is the thought process or the plan to get out of this habitual losing. If we are truly "starting over", then the plan should be to draft the potential in Bradford and attempt to build around it. But last I checked, we have a QB who currently is currently receiving a hefty contract. Is Bulger that bad a qb?? Everyone talking about Bradford, well he is going to have the same experience based wr corp running routes that Bulger did. I see drafting Bradford as a continuation of what we have done wrong for the last 5 to 6 years in the draft room- lack of a solid plan. I would rather see the rams take suh which we KNOW will help our run defense versus a hopeful future established qb when we already have one. Lefluer, Pike are the type of qbs that would help solidify the roster, but to take a qb first doesnt translate to getting better especially without any high level tools around to support his growth. (See whose drafting right behind us). Spags' forte is defense. Humm now we are going to draft the next great qb (again look at whose drafting behind us) when we have the opportunity to establish what should be our coaches strength. DEFENSE. Suh will make Luranitis better. This I KNOW. Bradford will make the team better (No...maybe in 4 yrs), the receivers better (No we still have half of the Eagles practice squad wr on our roster), offense better (poor SJ...he cant look forward to having a rookie in there). just sayin... But lets look at the plan or path we are going...Long, Carriker, Luranitis...put Suh in that puzzle, add a FA (Say Osi from NYG) along with Little and Ryan. Your Dbs and LBs just got better on the strength of your defensive core. One player making other players better is why you have the 1st overall pick, not to hope a shoulder holds up or he develops or has the leadership to make us better. I'm done with hope...lets go for the sure thing. No... maybe not the next Sapp or Reggie White, but a big strong athletic inspired DT who is going to draw double teams , allow my mike lb to have free reign and take the entire d-line to the next level.
    YES! I agree whole heartidly.... and also does anyone really see a spags coached team saying no suy for you??

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I would assume you would want Suh or McCoy with the first pick? How would that help us keep any QB off of his back? Are you proposing we take Iupati or Okung? For that matter say we pass on Bradford and take Locker, how are we going to keep him off of his back, who is to say that Locker wont bust in the NFL? Why is Locker a better pick next year then Bradford is this year?

Does that answer your question?
    There are two factors that keep the Rams from winning:

1) We cannot protect our QB's
    2) We cannot get to our opponents QB's

Both are VITAL!!!! Suh takes care of the second requirement. Yes, statistically EVERYTHING is a gamble, but Suh has better odds than anyone in this draft AND he takes care of a need. Our Defense is ranked 29th in total yards.

Any QB we get is gonna be put into the gorund. Im definitely not a Bulger fan, but I can't place the blame on him for getting the crap beat out of him every play. So what's the problem? I have no idea. Maybe its the line coach, maybe the o-line isnt developed, or there's no team work, maybe they're adjusting to the new scheme. Whatever it is, it has to be fixed BEFORE you throw your 70 million dollar franchise QB out there to be made into ground meat.

So if we go with your idea and take Bradford, what requirement does that fix? Can he block for himself and throw? Can he sack opposing QB's too?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12