BarronWade is online now Registered User

Here is different perspective on the Rams mock draft!

IMO an OT is a lock for us with the 2nd pick. Before anyone enlarges the word lock just remember i said IMO. Anyway other that the 2nd pick i put together a mock draft that is different from all the mocks ive read. I tried my best to put players that other mocks did not project for us. REMEMBER i am aiming for a different prospective. I just want to know what u guys think about this draft.

Round 1: Eugene Monroe OT
    Round 2: Jarron Gilbert DE/DT
    i know what ur all thinking but Justin Tuck is a great DL that can play DE and DT which works well gor spags. Did i just say Justin Tuck i meant Jarron Gilbert im always getting those 2 confused.
    Round 3: Rashad Jennings RB
    We just signed Jason Brown so that tells you we are going to run up the middle we get a RB that is 6-1 230 pounds. He is the perfect #2 back. He can catch well and block. He is also durable enuff to take over if Action Jackson goes down. Did i mention Jennings is fast for a guy his size so he can fill in that Change of pace.
    Round 4: Antonio Appleby MLB
    Okay the only one I can recall that has appleby is AvengerRam. Few weeks ago i was picking this guy as our undrafted rookie but as AV put his stock is rising and because we havnet addressed a MLB yet appleby is our guy unless Tyronne McKenzie is there.
    Round 5: Brandon Tate WR
    Okay this guy is not the tall WR we are looking for he is about 6-0. But he is a good return man. He also can leap for the ball to make for the height. THis guy is also good at seperation. So since i did not address it yet here it is a WR that can play the slot.
    Round 6: Graham Harrell QB
    I just dont see why everyone is so high on Brandstater. I think Harrell just needs some coaching. But he makes real good decision and that can pay off in the WCO.
    ROund 7: Victor Toal OLB
    THis guy can add depth at OLB spot. He had 21.5 TFL last year and 12 sacks this guy can get into the backfield.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Here is different perspective on the Rams mock draft!

Solid mock, I do believe we can grab Tate later on in the draft. And as for round 3, I prefer Shonn Greene from Iowa. He'd be perfect in our new scheme.

Round 1 in solid, I wouldn't complain...much and Round 2 is iffy.
    RamsFan16

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey Barron....how many mocks of a mock from the mock last week that was mocked yesterday but with an updated mock today are you going to do? I mean, it's still a month away.

I guess it's fun. It must be huh?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    , I prefer Shonn Greene from Iowa. He'd be perfect in our new scheme.
    I dont see how you draw this conclusion. If Action Jackson is more of a power back why would we get a slower back? ALso with the WCO you need to be able to catch the ball and Greene cant do that. Also i fear his transition to the NFL. He is a powerful back that is not fast but is pretty short. In the NFL there are giong to be bigger LBs that can take Greene out.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Hey Barron....how many mocks of a mock from the mock last week that was mocked yesterday but with an updated mock today are you going to do? I mean, it's still a month away.

I guess it's fun. It must be huh?

Well i guess this is a mock that was mocked by exsisting mocks from mocks of the past few weeks. That was well said by you.

Yea itz (only) a month away so expect the mocks start to come in.

Well im just excited about the new regime and i am anticipating the picks that we make that will hopfully turn this franchise around. As for the fun part it takes abotu 5-10 minutes to make a mock so i guess it is a fun few minutes.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

[quote=BarronWade;284482]IMO an OT is a lock for us with the 2nd pick. Before anyone enlarges the word lock just remember i said IMO. Anyway other that the 2nd pick i put together a mock draft that is different from all the mocks ive read. I tried my best to put players that other mocks did not project for us. REMEMBER i am aiming for a different prospective. I just want to know what u guys think about this draft.

Round 1: Eugene Monroe OT
    Round 2: Jarron Gilbert DE/DT
    i know what ur all thinking but Justin Tuck is a great DL that can play DE and DT which works well gor spags. Did i just say Justin Tuck i meant Jarron Gilbert im always getting those 2 confused.

Try this prospective:

Round 1 Jason Smith or Aaron Curry

Round 2 Michael Johnson or William Beatty

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well i guess this is a mock that was mocked by exsisting mocks from mocks of the past few weeks. That was well said by you.

Yea itz (only) a month away so expect the mocks start to come in.

Well im just excited about the new regime and i am anticipating the picks that we make that will hopfully turn this franchise around. As for the fun part it takes abotu 5-10 minutes to make a mock so i guess it is a fun few minutes.
    Might I suggest trying something longer? Give us a first round, or a first two rounds. That might be much more fun for you, and rewarding to boot, as it takes a lot more effort than the ten minutes for a seven round Ram mock.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Gilbert is best suited as a 5 technique. The only way he gets drafted early in round two is as a five technique, which we don't use. We would be drafting him as a 4-3 dt/ end. His value at those positions is as a third rounder.
    Rashad Jennings is built like a horse, like jackson, very stout. If we draft a running back in the third round i will puke and then immediately put billy devaney's face on my dartboard, especially if it is rashad jennings.
    But props on the outside the box thinking, i'm tired of the same old-same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Might I suggest trying something longer? Give us a first round, or a first two rounds. That might be much more fun for you, and rewarding to boot, as it takes a lot more effort than the ten minutes for a seven round Ram mock.
    well i did that on those create a mock draft sites like fftoolbox thing but this is a rams forum so i decided only to do rams picks

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Wasn't Justin Tuck a 4-3 DE and only a 4-3 DE in college and his first few years in the NFL? So if you are trying to get the Rams their own Justin Tuck wouldn't you draft a DE, not a 3-4 DE/DT?