Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Here it is how we could win the west in 08.

no offense, but honestly, this isnt no fantasy football, it would be highly impossible for this to happen. plus it would be a stupid trade, u build teams through draft's, not trading and free agency, and we are sort of in a rebuilding mode.
    None taken...

it would be highly impossible
    Why?

it would be a stupid trade
    Why?

they would command more salary than we have to give.
    Around 30million guaranteed, probably about 10 million/year average on a 6 year contract. I'm going to base it off of JaMarcus Russell's from last year.

The number two pick over all, will not come cheap.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Rambos, assuming our O-line, Little & Holt get healthy, and Taylor & Ocho stay healthy......yes, it would be a nice lineup. For a year, maybe two. But what do we do after that when all these guys are gone, and we have a youth gap behind them?

Or what about the health risk of having to cut these guys and absorb the cap hit?

I'm not poo-pooing your idea, just sayin'.......lots of factors in play here.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok so I have to ask we get C.Long and a stud WR in the second round. Whats our record?
    Around 6-10 at best. So far, at LB all we have is Spoon full time. Draft isn't a FT LB anymore. Pisa can't stay healthy. The secondary is weak. Brown probably won't be back, Hill is iffy, Chavous can't cover and our depth at CB is atrocious.

Rambos, assuming our O-line, Little & Holt get healthy, and Taylor & Ocho stay healthy......yes, it would be a nice lineup. For a year, maybe two.
    I think Little has maybe two left in him. Holt is on the down side, Taylor has three god year in him. 85 going to be playing for more then two years.

So we have three draft to fill needs. We would still have pickis this year, add WR,LB,DE.

In addition we wouls gave two draft with all our picks, 1st and 2nd to add yoiunger players, two more FA periods to add players.

We spent a 2nd On BL last year, I just guess here but Taylor at for a secomd last year would be a no brainer over BL. No disrepect to BL, we had bigger needs and still do.

There is no guarantee that any rookie will come into the NFL and play at a high level. These guys have and still will play at a high level.

Would you rather have Taylor or BL on this roster?

Around 6-10 at best
    I guess this is why I would do this and you would not, I think we are better then that record.

Draft isn't a FT LB anymore

I disagree with you here he was coming off 111 tackles in 06 and played a back up roll last year, but not because he is not capable if playing 16

secondary is weak. Brown probably won't be back, Hill is iffy
    Did we not spend a 1 on Hill and a 3rd on wade? If we canít
    draft players that can play a high level, why not trade for them? Will we be saying the same thing about C. Long, in two years?
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-19-2008 at 11:36 AM.

One more foot note: in 1999 we where so bad, but we made a trade that changed that. St. Louis Rams for 2nd (Mike Peterson) and 5th (Brad Scioli) round selections in 1999.
    The guy maybe had 5 years left in him. Marshall Faulk.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey man,

I can appreciate us as fans taxing our brain trying to make this team better. I'm not against Chad Johnson at all. I just think he's not going to make this team a winner in 08. Maybe 09 if the draft this year and next work out.

Rambos, love the enthusiasm. Keep it up, it helps cynics like me see that there is hope.

I'm just trying to kill some time before the draft, I like to hear what everyones thinking. If we get C. Long this board would be happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12