Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Here is my FA wish list...

    Not that flashy but can make a big impact..

    Mario Manningham WR Has become better every year and this team needs a player who has been very successful to show them the path.

    Jared Gaither (OT) Will probably win the starting LT job and if not will be great depth at both ends.

    Jason Jones (DT) Explosive player in the middle of the D that is much needed.

    Carlos Rogers (CB) The Rams will have to pay big money but he is the closes to a shut down corner in this year FA and the Rams need to secure talent and consistency at the position due to so many injuries.

    Cortland Finnegan (CB) Fisher will make this happen.

    Mike Adams Very weak FA list at the safety position. The Rams may consider Landry if he is healthy.


  2. #2
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Not that flashy but can make a big impact..

    Mario Manningham WR Has become better every year and this team needs a player who has been very successful to show them the path.

    Jared Gaither (OT) Will probably win the starting LT job and if not will be great depth at both ends.

    Jason Jones (DT) Explosive player in the middle of the D that is much needed.

    Carlos Rogers (CB) The Rams will have to pay big money but he is the closes to a shut down corner in this year FA and the Rams need to secure talent and consistency at the position due to so many injuries.

    Cortland Finnegan (CB) Fisher will make this happen.

    Mike Adams Very weak FA list at the safety position. The Rams may consider Landry if he is healthy.
    While I definitely want Finnegan and think we need another top CB, two CBs..nonetheless big money CBs is pushing it.

  3. #3
    xkidflowx's Avatar
    xkidflowx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    manningham proly wants big moneyfor that one catch he had in the super bowl... i'll pass on him and take the chance on braylon Edwards for cheap

  4. #4
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,460
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    So we have $10 million in space.

    Finnegan : $7 million a year
    Rogers : $7 million a year.
    Jones : $2.5 million a year.
    Manningham : $4 million a year.


    Two CB's is way too much! Even 1 in FA may be too much. Considering all our guys are 100% healthy (2 are).

  5. #5
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Once the Rams draft Claiborne, Rogers and Finnegan don't add much.

    Claiborne, Fletcher, Bartell and Murphy are a nice 4-some.

    Av is talking about drafting Broyles for 2013. Broyles is a more physically gifted version of Manningham.

  6. #6
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    So we have $10 million in space.
    We will have far more then 10 mil in cap space once the cuts and restructures take place.

    Potential Cuts:
    Jason Brown C 5 mil
    Ron Bartell CB 6.2 mil
    Justin Bannan DT 2.75 mil
    James Hall DE 2.75 mil
    Josh Brown K 2.7 mil
    Fred Robbins DT 3.75 mil
    Jason Smith OT 1.5 mil maybe relief (10mil)


    Sign Long to a long term contract reduces the cap as well.

    Jared Gaither (OT) Will probably win the starting LT job and if not will be great depth at both ends.
    I do like this possibility he is only 26 and he is 6'9 340.

    I do think Gaither will come cheap because he was released by another team and he had some health
    concerns about his back. But he had a very strong finish to the season. IMO since Jason Smith would save minimal money if brought back I would like to sign Gaither and let the three OT's battle it out for the two starting positions. The loser could either battle it out for a guard spot or replace Goldberg as the back up OT/OG.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -02-09-2012 at 08:27 PM.

  7. #7
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,460
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    We will have far more then 10 mil in cap space once the cuts and restructures take place.

    Potential Cuts:
    Jason Brown C 5 mil
    Ron Bartell CB 6.2 mil
    Justin Bannan DT 2.75 mil
    James Hall DE 2.75 mil
    Josh Brown K 2.7 mil
    Fred Robbins DT 3.75 mil
    Jason Smith OT 1.5 mil maybe relief (10mil)


    Sign Long to a long term contract reduces the cap as well.


    I do like this possibility he is only 26 and he is 6'9 340.

    I do think Gaither will come cheap because he was released by another team and he had some health
    concerns about his back. But he had a very strong finish to the season. IMO since Jason Smith would save minimal money if brought back I would like to sign Gaither and let the three OT's battle it out for the two starting positions. The loser could either battle it out for a guard spot or replace Goldberg as the back up OT/OG.
    Just because those players have those salaries does not mean we will save that if we cut them. Jason Smith is scheduled to make $12 million next year, and if we cut him we only save $2 million. We will no way create enough space for an offseason like this.

  8. #8
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    manningham proly wants big moneyfor that one catch he had in the super bowl... i'll pass on him and take the chance on braylon Edwards for cheap
    You get what you pay for. Edwards had 1 1/2 good seasons and none since. Manningham can ask for big money not sure anyone will bite. I think you can get good value and a winner in Manningham.

    Go Rams

  9. #9
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Once the Rams draft Claiborne, Rogers and Finnegan don't add much.

    Claiborne, Fletcher, Bartell and Murphy are a nice 4-some.

    Av is talking about drafting Broyles for 2013. Broyles is a more physically gifted version of Manningham.
    Rogers does not add much. Are you serious? A probowl close to a shut down CB will not add much?

  10. #10
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,460
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Rogers does not add much. Are you serious? A probowl close to a shut down CB will not add much?
    In his point we'd have Claiborne, Fletcher, Murphy and Bartell. There'd be no reason for us to go after 2 of the most expensive players in FA. I hate Rogers. That guy's overrated. Finnegan on the other hand, hes sick! I would spend the money elsewhere though.

  11. #11
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    jesus if we are talking fairy tales I'd like the Rams to have a half time show of Scarlett, Megan Fox and Jessica Alba doing some stuff if you know what I mean

  12. #12
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    In his point we'd have Claiborne, Fletcher, Murphy and Bartell. There'd be no reason for us to go after 2 of the most expensive players in FA. I hate Rogers. That guy's overrated. Finnegan on the other hand, hes sick! I would spend the money elsewhere though.
    So how did those guys work out for the Rams last year?

  13. #13
    jerseyramsfan's Avatar
    jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    manningham proly wants big moneyfor that one catch he had in the super bowl... i'll pass on him and take the chance on braylon Edwards for cheap
    Shame after that catch Manningham just made that someone would mention Edwards in the same sentence. Edwards for cheap? Wouldn't pay him a dollar...

  14. #14
    QUINNtessentialTruth's Avatar
    QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    I am not a big fan of manningham even though that catch was clutch. If you really check out his stuff from that whole game and his whole season he isnt worth it.

    He is definitely worth it if you are looking at him as a 2nd WR but not our 1st.

  15. #15
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,133
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Here is my FA wish list...

    The reason that I don't like Manningham is that I think DX is a very similar play....he is a straight line WR will below average Strength....he also isn't great as a run blocker and probably isn't worth the money he wants to any other team but the Giants

Similar Threads

  1. Add to the list
    By laram0 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -06-30-2009, 01:39 PM
  2. My wish list
    By Dominating D in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
  3. My wish list
    By Richbert88 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
  4. St. Louis #1 on the list
    By RamWraith in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -11-02-2006, 09:05 PM
  5. PUP List
    By Alec22 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -07-27-2006, 11:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •