Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    RamWraith's Avatar
    RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    61

    Here is my next option

    OK...been working the phones and my people have talked to their people, I think this is a doable situation. If this Jenkins thing falls through, here is my plan.

    We trade positions with the Vikings at 6, who seem very willing to move if Peterson is gone. We are able to draft Okoye or maybe even Adams and the Vikings will get there man Ginn at 13. I am looking at first offering Butler on our 13th, if that doesn't work I say we try a 4th, Butler and our 13th. What do you think.


  2. #2
    max's Avatar
    max
    max is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CT
    Age
    61
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    OK...been working the phones and my people have talked to their people, I think this is a doable situation. If this Jenkins thing falls through, here is my plan.

    We trade positions with the Vikings at 6, who seem very willing to move if Peterson is gone. We are able to draft Okoye or maybe even Adams and the Vikings will get there man Ginn at 13. I am looking at first offering Butler on our 13th, if that doesn't work I say we try a 4th, Butler and our 13th. What do you think.
    I think that is horrible. I don't like trading up. We don't need to. Read my analysis post.

  3. #3
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,588
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    OK...been working the phones and my people have talked to their people, I think this is a doable situation. If this Jenkins thing falls through, here is my plan.

    We trade positions with the Vikings at 6, who seem very willing to move if Peterson is gone. We are able to draft Okoye or maybe even Adams and the Vikings will get there man Ginn at 13. I am looking at first offering Butler on our 13th, if that doesn't work I say we try a 4th, Butler and our 13th. What do you think.
    Well, the first thing we'll need to do is hide the Redskins in a closet since they have the 6th pick.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  4. #4
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Here is my next option

    Why is everyone so against trading up the Rams do not need all their picks.

    In the last two drafts the Rams have had 21 draft picks when most teams have had 14.

    They have had 9 1st day picks [rounds 1-3]

    The Rams do not have to worry about drafting depth they have good depth they need to worry about drafting impact players and if it takes moving up to 6 to get that player then why not.

    Stockpiling picks and mediocre players is great but every good team has impact players oin defense and the Rams have only 2.

    Witherspoon and Little who is turning the corner to ancient.

  5. #5
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Here is my next option

    Call me crazy but IMO Branch is more what we need. A big guy that can stop the third and short runs. I am afraid Okoye will not stand up as good against the run as Branch at this point in his career. IMO all the Branch BS about him having stress fractures will help him slide a bit. He might fall to us at 13 and if not oh well as other have said there are some other DTs that can stuff the run IMO as well as Okoye. Okoye looks like he might have a higher ceiling down the road and could possibly get to the QB better then some others but I want to see a guy on 3rd and short keep the other team from getting a first down.

  6. #6
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Call me crazy but IMO Branch is more what we need. A big guy that can stop the third and short runs. I am afraid Okoye will not stand up as good against the run as Branch at this point in his career. IMO all the Branch BS about him having stress fractures will help him slide a bit. He might fall to us at 13 and if not oh well as other have said there are some other DTs that can stuff the run IMO as well as Okoye. Okoye looks like he might have a higher ceiling down the road and could possibly get to the QB better then some others but I want to see a guy on 3rd and short keep the other team from getting a first down.
    Okoye is simply a more elite prospect and does not have the question marks of Branch.

    Okoye will be similar to Tommie Harris which means he will be good in both aspects.

  7. #7
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    The Rams do not have to worry about drafting depth they have good depth they need to worry about drafting impact players and if it takes moving up to 6 to get that player then why not.
    I'm sorry, but this is simply insane. We have good depth? Where? Maybe at WR and QB, but that's about it. You can't be a great team in the NFL if you don't have good depth because guys get injured over the course of the season and most NFL teams rotate guys in and out during the game. Moreover, one player is not going to radically change our defense. Look at the drop off in play of Ray Lewis when the two linemen in front of him retired. The Rams are more than one impact player away from having even a decent defense.

    Plus, its not clear why you assume that players from lower rounds are "only" depth players. Its more likely that first round players are "stars," but its still a crap shoot. The more picks you have, the better the odds you get above average players. If we knew that Alan Branch was going to have as much of an impact as Julius Peppers did his first year, it would be worth moving up. But there isn't more than one or two guys who look like "sure things" in this draft on defense and we're not going to get any of them without selling the franchise to get into the top 4.

  8. #8
    itsguud's Avatar
    itsguud is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,251
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Here is my next option

    Yeah, so besides what HUbsion noted that the skins have that pick, what a shame it would be for us to trade up and grab a bust. I said it a bust. WE NEED A PROVEN GUY, none of the DL's in this draft will become what anyone here wnats them to be, mark my words. In fact some grab that quote because it will be true for next year when NONE of these players start all year, and if they do they fail. I have looked up as much as I could, highlights old game films etc. on all these DL's and none of these DL's will have an impact in the NFL for at least a couple years. trading up is ludacris.

  9. #9
    keith m. klink Guest

    Re: Here is my next option

    your all a bunch of fruity fellow's . change your mocks to show the picks that we traded , and make it with the picks we still have , and start making them realistic with what position we are in now , with out all these trades and all this talk about jenkins .

  10. #10
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,897
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Okoye is simply a more elite prospect and does not have the question marks of Branch.

    Okoye will be similar to Tommie Harris which means he will be good in both aspects.
    Right now no one knows for sure which defensive player will have the greatest impact. Tank Tyler could end up being the best DT in the draft -- no one knows. If you could get the same type of guarantee on players drafted in the top ten in rd 1 as one gets when buying a car battery -- fine. Since that's impossible, why would we want to move up when we still have a great chance at the 13 spot to land an impact player? If anything I would rather see us trade down if the opportunity presented itself ...

  11. #11
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,478
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Okoye is simply a more elite prospect and does not have the question marks of Branch.
    Um, how do you figure any of this? Let's not forget he was a borderline first round pick before offseason workouts while Branch was viewed as a Top 5-10 player after the season. And Okoye certainly has his share of question marks as well, considering a lot of his value and his current stock is based on his upside and how much development he still has left to do.

  12. #12
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Here is my next option

    Moving up means larger salary and guarantee money on what could be a bust. I have to agree with most and say lets stay put gamble on the 5 dollar table instead of the 500 dollar table. If you can guarentee a win I have no problems upping the ante.....

    I heard it on the radio the other day. The 2nd round is where most teams get the biggest bang for the dollar. Alot of talent but the singing bonus and salary is much more affordable).

    Makes alot of sense to me. I'm pretty sure LT was drafted in the 2nd round. What a deal the Charges got on him.......

  13. #13
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,478
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I'm pretty sure LT was drafted in the 2nd round. What a deal the Charges got on him.......
    Tomlinson was drafted 5th overall by the Chargers in 2001.

  14. #14
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Here is my next option

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tomlinson was drafted 5th overall by the Chargers in 2001.
    Your right it was Brees I was thinking but I typed in LT?????????

  15. #15
    STLunatic's Avatar
    STLunatic is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Here is my next option

    If we traded up i would want 1 player and 1 player only.....Laron Landry. Flat out nasty.

    i dont think butler,4th, and 13 overall would do it either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •