txramsfan is offline Registered User

Here's tx's real impression on the draft

In Round 1.......

1. We take Chris Long.

Great, we get a DE with a strong will to succeed and has a pedigree from his ole man that he plays hard on every down. And everyone knows we need a DE.

2. We take Jake Long.

Great. We get an OT that we desperately need because who knows how long Pace can play. Move Barron inside where he may feel more comfortable and we get a guy who only gave up two sacks in two years with Michigan who if you follow college football at all know that their QB's aren't the most mobile in the world.

3. We take Glenn Dorsey.

Great. We get a DT that wreaks havoc on every play. An OC nightmare type of guy who actually causes O lineman to double team him, which will free up one DE. Also get a guy who stuffs the hole, making him very productive against the run.

4. We take Vernon Gholston.

Great. We get a DE rusher who is a freak of nature. Who has speed that will cause a double team on most passing downs, freeing up the middle or the other DE position.

In Round 2.....

1. We take Mario Manningham

Great. We get a WR who always plays hard, even against AP State. The WR corp for the Rams is weak by recent history comparisons so to take a guy like this with size and speed oh my.

2. We take Limas Sweed.

Great. I've seen the guy in college and believe me the kid can play. Deceptive speed because he normally got past the secondary but his hands are fantastic.

See what I mean....even Shaw and Ziggy couldn't really screw this draft up. So go outside and enjoy spring time. Play some golf, take the kiddies to the park. Tax season is over, Memphis will have won the National Championship in basketball already, there's no reason stay inside and watch Chris Berman and company for six grueling hours without novacaine.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Here's tx's real impression on the draft

Hey TX, love and agree with your impressions! Also I agree with time to play golf, but Memphis winning the NCAA.....in the words of Lee Corso, "not so fast", I'm a UCLA fan and the Bruins may have the right combo of players this year.

I do hope the Rams go DL in round 1 and that will impact round 2 as I believe they will go OT, hopefully Carl Nicks from Nebraska. I'd be surprised if Limas Sweed is around in round 2 at #33, if so then we go WR.

Go Rams!:r

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

the one good thing this year is we don't have to sit through much before the Rams pick.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, but Tx, what if we pick up Matt Ryan or McFadden? What if we use our first round pick on a TE? Or, even worse, Tye Hill's long lost cousin, Vinny? He's only 5'7"!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If we pick up Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden then all we actually need to spend money on in this front office is Shaw and Ziggy because they aren't listening to anyone anyway.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Yeah, but Tx, what if we pick up Matt Ryan or McFadden? What if we use our first round pick on a TE? Or, even worse, Tye Hill's long lost cousin, Vinny? He's only 5'7"!
    If we drafted one of the two, people better stay away from the golf course TX is at, because golf clubs are gonna come flying at you.

RealRam is offline Registered User

True. 'Cogito ergo sum'. This is going to be a GREAT draft for the Rams!

We draft in a couple of weeks, therefore we are [happy now]. Thanks amigo TX.