Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: Here's Who The Rams Will Take In Each Round (Within 5 Guesses) w/Jenkins continge

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Amen. La Roi Glover is approaching Mid 30's, the Jury is our on Wroten, and Kennedy still has a year to prove himself...Another year. So it's completely viable.
    Thats correct, we need quality depth on the line which has been sadly lacking..

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Here's Who The Rams Will Take In Each Round (Within 5 Guesses) w/Jenkins continge

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Why does getting Jenkins mean we dont take a DT early on? Jenkins is no spring chicken, and while he is a top player now he wont be around for ever. We could either pick a guy to sit behind Jenkins and then start in a couple of years, or grab a guy to play next to him. Imagine a DL with a central pairing of Jenkins and Okoye or Jenkins and Branch.

We are struggling at the DT position and although it is possible for one player to turn it around we should give Haslett the best chance possible by giving him as much talent as we can at the trouble spot.
    Even with Jenkins on board, I still have Amobi Okoye on my Round 1 five. In my mind, Okoye is potentially an elite prospect who would fill L'Roi Glover's role as the inside pass rusher, as well as being stout against the run.

That said, if Jenkins is acquired, I don't see the Rams spending a day 1 pick on Branch, Harrell, Tyler or Mebane. Don't forget that the Rams already have a day 1 pick invested in Wroten, who should not be written off so quickly.

I also think that, if Jenkins is acquired, the Rams may bargain hunt at the DT position, rolling the dice on a day 2 selection like Soliai.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Av,

do you think the Rams will stick with the prototype NT + UT combo, as in Jenkins and Okoye or Branch and Glover, or do you see a possible massive pairing of Jenkins and Branch?

I personally would love to go overboard on the run stuffing interior, seeing as how Little and Hall are good enough to put pressure on the QB if they end up one on one with a blocker

Rambos is offline Registered User

Using AV list here are my picks only through round three and only taking players I think will be on the board.

If Jenkins acquired

Round 1 (13)

Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

Round 2 (52)

DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State

Round 3 (82)

Lorenzo Booker, RB, FSU

No Jenkins acquired

Round 1 (13)

Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

Round 2 (52)

Tim Crowder, DE, Texas

Round 3 (82)

Brandon Mebane, DT, California

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Using AV list here are my picks only through round three and only taking players I think will be on the board.

If Jenkins acquired

Round 1 (13)

Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

Round 2 (52)

DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State

Round 3 (82)

Lorenzo Booker, RB, FSU

No Jenkins acquired

Round 1 (13)

Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

Round 2 (52)

Tim Crowder, DE, Texas

Round 3 (82)

Brandon Mebane, DT, California
    I would have to agree with that, and i would personally love either draft if they played out like that. Of course, if we did aquire Jenkins it would probably take a second or third round pick, so either Tyler or Booker wouldnt be taken. Either way, the results are still good IMO

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Av,

do you think the Rams will stick with the prototype NT + UT combo, as in Jenkins and Okoye or Branch and Glover, or do you see a possible massive pairing of Jenkins and Branch?

I personally would love to go overboard on the run stuffing interior, seeing as how Little and Hall are good enough to put pressure on the QB if they end up one on one with a blocker
    My impression is that Haslett wants to toy around with multiple formations and to rotate personnel, but just didn't have the horses last year to do so. When you look at the Rams pursuing Tully Banta-Cain and showing interest in a player like Robison, it indicates to me that the Haslett might even (as was suggested last offseason) want to mix in some 3-4 sets.

So, while I think the base will be the UT/NT formation, I also think there could be some "double-heavy" situations as well. Even pairing Jenkins and Kennedy could be an option.

i think Kennedy could be ok playing as a UT alongside Jenkins' NT

Kennedy was learning a new position last year, so to dump on him completely isnt fair. Yes he hasnt lived up to his draft status, but its hard to think of a time when Jimmy hasnt been injured

keith m. klink Guest

no matter what happens with jenkins , we need to draft 2-DT's , an early and a mid - to late pick . with KENNEDY , GLOVER , and WROTEN , we must look at the fact that :A - this is kennedy's last year here , : B - GLOVERS last year as a starter , C -one or both are gone by next year , which leaves just WROTEN , which i don't really see happening , but it just happened last year . add in the JENKINS story to the mix , and it becomes more clear that JENKINS, and WROTEN could be a decent pair , with the addition of two rookies that have talent and depth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12