MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Holt or Bartell -- Straight up -- which one?

Who would you guys rather have straight up -- Holt or Bartell? To me the answer is obvious. Holt is toast with or without a trade. If the focus is to get BIGGER all the way around and run the ball successfully, Holt doesn't help much, and given his 2009 salary (and cap hit), no way does he fit into Billy and Spags plans ..

Pace is another matter. If he refuses to restructure, he likely wishes to play elsewhere; if he wants to retire a Ram, he'll instruct his agent to get a deal worked out. What remains unknown is how much value he still has to our team as perceived by Billy and Spags. It is possible they feel Barron could move to LT, or that Munroe or (name your favorite out of the current OT draft class), could step in as a rookie at either tackle spot. If we can keep Pace, it would give us more leeway with the #2 overall. If we lose or dump both Holt and Pace, we darn sure better end up with a starting center in FA. Short of being a fly on the wall privy to our dynamic duo's draft strategy, it looks more and more to this observer as if we'll be taking an OT if we keep our pick at #2 overall. If we somehow can retain a more cap friendly Pace, then maybe we could consider Curry .. At this point - barring trading our #2 overall - I can't see the Rams taking a receiver unless the guy can run a 3.9 forty, does 30 reps of 225 lbs, and aces the wunderlich ...

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: Holt or Bartell -- Straight up -- which one?

Bartell, has to be. He's coming into his prime at a position where it is increasingly difficult to find shutdown corner. Without Holt there is still Avery and Burton, who are young and showing great upside. Without Bartell there is Hill and Wade, which doesn't inspire great confidence.

GreatestShowOnTurf99 is offline Registered User

Re: Holt or Bartell -- Straight up -- which one?

"Bartell, has to be. He's coming into his prime at a position where it is increasingly difficult to find shutdown corner. Without Holt there is still Avery and Burton, who are young and showing great upside. Without Bartell there is Hill and Wade, which doesn't inspire great confidence. "

I agree 100%. I'd go for Bartell

Not to mention, so many other teams want him. These Bronco fans are talking as if they've already signed him and are drooling over him. They bring up good points though.

Broncos to go after Bartell and McFadden in FA - Page 3 - Broncos Country Message Boards

I have to say I'll be very upset if they let Bartell get away, him and Atogwe were arguably our best players on defense and managed to shine despite others being horrible.