Thread: HOLT/BOLDiN

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

HOLT/BOLDiN

Well, we all know that Holt situation is on the median on whether or not he will be returning for next season...Some say let him go, others(including me) would like to see him back..

Theres also a similar situation going on in Arizona with Boldin, and I read in a different thread Arizona could possibly have a legitimate shot at Holt because of his experience and the 'dust' being kicked up with the team and Boldin..p

I want Holt back, but would not have a problem at all with Boldin as he'll bring talent and more experience youth for the team..if it were possible, why and which of these two would you want on the team..

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: HOLT/BOLDiN

At this point in their careers, I don't see how anyone couldn't choose Boldin.

Holt has had a great career here, but his attitude is in question, his production is down, and his knees are a constant issue affecting his speed and ability to gain separation.

Boldin is younger, bigger, stronger, and gives this offense a dimension it hasn't had and could very well need if it switches to a West Coast style scheme. Boldin missed four games this season and still caught 89 balls for over 1,000 yards and 11 touchdowns. He'd be a great compliment to Avery.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Is there any validity in a Holt for Boldin trade?

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I do not think that such a deal is realistic. And if it did happen we would lock up a lot of our cap room on Boldin. That might not be such a good idea with all the needs we have to address in FA.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Well, we all know that Holt situation is on the median on whether or not he will be returning for next season...Some say let him go, others(including me) would like to see him back..

Theres also a similar situation going on in Arizona with Boldin, and I read in a different thread Arizona could possibly have a legitimate shot at Holt because of his experience and the 'dust' being kicked up with the team and Boldin..p

I want Holt back, but would not have a problem at all with Boldin as he'll bring talent and more experience youth for the team..if it were possible, why and which of these two would you want on the team..
    Bouldin without a doubt at this point in there careers,but I am not so sure I wouldn't take Bouldin over Holt at any point,what I mean is Bouldin would have given us that bigger strong over the middle able to take a hit receiver that we haven't had it a long time.

A-Web is offline Registered User

I think everyone agrees, that at this point, Boldin is the better option if it were a possibility. I don't know what kind of money it would hit us for, but having an experienced receiver in the field that isn't to that "old and slow" point yet would be beneficial to the whole team.

As for going over the middle and taking a hit, yes Boldin can. And he isn't even afraid to. Even when it means plates and staples in his face. He is tough, and deserves respect. As for Holt. He is an amazing receiver, but his age is kind of catching up to him through his ankles and knees. His legs just aren't what they used to be. He would do well for someone, but right now, it's not the direction we need to go in.

About the question regarding a trade of Boldin for Holt. Not possible, at least not so without a measure of additions from us to them. Boldin is, as we all stated, younger, faster, and has more room left in his career, versus Holt who is on the downside and kind of tapering off before his retirement.

Boldin carries some actual value and potential, whereas Holt isn't in a position to improve, but he could still compliment. I could see this if it was Holt + 3rd round pick. But anything less is unlikely.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Is there any validity in a Holt for Boldin trade?

At this point, Im sure you would agree that there is hardly any validity in ANY of the threads made in the "DRAFT & FA" topic of the forums...everything is purely hypothetical and more of a "what if" type question for the sake of conversation and debate..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    At this point in their careers, I don't see how anyone couldn't choose Boldin.

Holt has had a great career here, but his attitude is in question, his production is down, and his knees are a constant issue affecting his speed and ability to gain separation.

Boldin is younger, bigger, stronger, and gives this offense a dimension it hasn't had and could very well need if it switches to a West Coast style scheme. Boldin missed four games this season and still caught 89 balls for over 1,000 yards and 11 touchdowns. He'd be a great compliment to Avery.

Nick, lets say the trade is possible, and we actually have a chance at Boldin. Do you think in one way or another the Cardinals would "block" the deal from going through to any division rivals?.You know, the Packers/Favre kind of thing??...
    Last edited by unorthodox1999; -02-08-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Nick, lets say the trade is possible, and we actually have a chance at Boldin. Do you think in one way or another the Cardinals would "block" the deal from going through to any division rivals?.You know, the Packers/Favre kind of thing??...
    I don't see the Cardinals trading Boldin inside the NFC West, no. Anything's possible, though. When the Patriots traded Drew Bledsoe, it was in division.