39thebeast is offline Registered User

How the 2011 QB class could affect the Rams

The Rams nabbed their Franchise QB in last years draft, however he may have been the only franchise signal caller leaving little behind for all other teams.

There are 5 QBs if they come out who could be first round picks. Luck, Gabbert, Newton, Locker, and Mallet. Only 7 of the 20 teams picking before us can say they are definably set at QB and all 7 have legit number one recievers and good number 2's. Of the 13 who need a QB The Panthers, Skins, Hawks, Browns and maybe Jags also need a WR. Panthers are in position to draft Andrew Luck skins and Hawks have terrible QB situations and need a franchise QB to get far in their division. Browns are in great spot to grab a top wideout if they don't fall in love with a QB.

Does that mean AJ Green is going to fall all to the 20s like Dez Bryant probably not, but he could definitely fall as far as Michael Crabtree did if not a little farther putting the Rams in perfect position to trade up or stay put and be content with either Julio Jones or Justin Blackmon.

We have a long way to go but never to realty to start thinking

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: How the 2011 QB class could affect the Rams

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    The Rams nabbed their Franchise QB in last years draft, however he may have been the only franchise signal caller leaving little behind for all other teams.

There are 5 QBs if they come out who could be first round picks. Luck, Gabbert, Newton, Locker, and Mallet. Only 7 of the 20 teams picking before us can say they are definably set at QB and all 7 have legit number one recievers and good number 2's. Of the 13 who need a QB The Panthers, Skins, Hawks, Browns and maybe Jags also need a WR. Panthers are in position to draft Andrew Luck skins and Hawks have terrible QB situations and need a franchise QB to get far in their division. Browns are in great spot to grab a top wideout if they don't fall in love with a QB.
    I've been concerned about this also, beast. While I have been reveling in the muck and mire that has afflicted our hated rivals in the NFC West, it is not lost on me that there troubles have put them in a position to possibly acquire a Franchise QB.

And just look what that has done for the Rams so far this year. Best we can hope for is the following:

1.) Some of these guys don't declare and stay in school. Hopefully Luck, Mallet and Gabbert do just that.

2.) The ones that are available (Locker and Newton) just don't grade out to Franchise caliber and they are passed on by our enemies.

One other point I'd like to make. I do believe that the Tards will make a play for Mark Bulger at the end of the year. Whisenhunt has had success with Rams castoffs before. Let's hope that THAT history doesn't happen again.

WHAT SAY YE?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: How the 2011 QB class could affect the Rams

Who knows, if most of these teams covet the potential franchise QBs, we can trade down and get AJ Green towards a team who's interested in fixing holes in multiple spots rather than BPA one hole. Still, don't be surprised if the Panthers get Green for the 1st overall pick and hope Moore succeeds as their QB for years to come. It'll be nice to get Julio Jones as well but I'd also be on a lookout for finding a legit ILB or DE like Bruce Carter or Robert Quinn respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    One other point I'd like to make. I do believe that the Tards will make a play for Mark Bulger at the end of the year. Whisenhunt has had success with Rams castoffs before. Let's hope that THAT history doesn't happen again.
    I'm pretty sure Marc Bulger doesn't want to live under Warner's shadow and especially with protection under that current O-line the Cards have knowing that Chris Long might stick a pike to his head.