BarronWade is offline Registered User

How about Akeen Ayers?

I know most of us are thinking about drafting a WR or pass rushing DL in the 1st but here is a SLB talent that fits our scheme.

But does he pass the Devaney spags test?

4-pillar player?

Yes he is a four pillar player 0 off or on field issues. good potential; works hard; great student. Great intangibles

Devaney wants to get bigger more physical...

Ayers is 6-4 250 pounds. Nice build. He can make solo tackles. Can take on blockers

Is he a Spags type LB?

He has the size and has great pass rush skills. He can also seal off the edge to force a RB inside to face JL.

But he is still a Junior and must declare

So what do you guys think?

Would you draft an OLB in the 1st?

Do you think Ayers will improve the Rams D?

How well do you think Ayers will do behind Chris Long?

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Re: How about Akeen Ayers?

At this point, I think the positions needed to be addressed are WR (if any key receivers get injured), backup (future #1) RB, and DT (for when Fred Robbins is gone). I would consider LB but we have great depth in that and we'll see how Selvie progresses if he's a suitable replacement for when Hall's done.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: How about Akeen Ayers?

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    At this point, I think the positions needed to be addressed are WR (if any key receivers get injured), backup (future #1) RB, and DT (for when Fred Robbins is gone). I would consider LB but we have great depth in that and we'll see how Selvie progresses if he's a suitable replacement for when Hall's done.
    We do have great depth but do have a LB that is real starter next to JL? Larry grant is underrated and shows potential. But Nail Diggs is a stop gap. Look at the Bears and how much they benefit with Briggs next to urlacher. Ayers can be a value pick-up in the middle - late 1st round.

Also Spags and Devaney do a great job of drafting for value (not necessarily BPA) So unless its AJ Green or Mark Ingram a WR or RB will not be drafted in the 1st round. Also is there even a great 1st round pass rushing DT other than dareus out of alabama?