Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: How about Arizona State's Vontaze Burfict or Luke Kuechly, Boston College?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

How about Arizona State's Vontaze Burfict or Luke Kuechly, Boston College?

I'm thinking of potential higher end OLB options in the draft and like these two potential prospects. Just thought I'd get some gathered info from you guys here on the board to see what thoughts or insights you might have. My thoughts:

Luke Kuechly, Boston College
    The tape doesn't lie and this guy is a great prospect! Obiviously I know we have a great MLB but think Luke's abilites better suit a OLB position a little better. He is fast, quick can cover in space but he really has a nose for the ball and can blitz. Only bad thing is I think he might go the the 20's in the first round...

Arizona State's Vontaze Burfict
    I really like Burfict maybe even more than Kuechly.. Many have compared him to a Ray Lewis type of guy who brings attitude and committment to a defense. Maybe not as a Will LB but a Mike LB he would be great as a run stuffer, is a hard thumper and in blitz situations he finds the ball or blows up a play where other guys can make a play. Only question I have is his ability to cover in space which is usally a big question for most LB's coming out.

I do like Zach Brown but have not liked his all his tapes I've seen or reviews he has had at avoiding or shying away from contact. As being a LB myself I feel that is a red flag and as a LB that should not be something you should shy not away from.

Any thoughts or prospects you guys have in mind at the OLB?

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: How about Arizona State's Vontaze Burfict or Luke Kuechly, Boston College?

Kuechly is a pretty good prospect but he'll go before the 2nd round and we have more pressing needs in the 1st.

As for Burfict... isn't this guy a headcase? I remember hearing something about him having a bad game and blaming the coaches and his team to the media.

BeastMode6 is offline Registered User

Burfict is not a headcase. Just very antisocial. He is just very emotional ON the field. There would be no problems with him off the field though. While at ASU he never lived up to his potential due to his lack of work ethic in the weight room and film room. I will say that the former coaching staff let him feel that he was bigger than the program. There were multiple times this past season that the coaching staff should have took him in and talked to him but I feel they were just happy to have someone of that caliber here. I will not put all the blame on Taze. He did improve in the weight room and film room this past year though.

All that said he is a ILB and I do not feel he fits the direction that we are trying to go. If he goes to Pitt, NYG, or Baltimore I feel he can become a beast. If he ends up on a team like the raider or chiefs he will be a flat out bust.

MrLegend28 is offline Registered User

Burfict had a HORRIBLE pro day lol. Some think he wont even be drafted.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Kuechly is a Top 15-20 MLB in this class. Scratch him off your list.

Burfict, wow, where do you start. Big maturity issues IMO. His lack of discipline on the field is outdone only by his lack off the field, as he blames his coaching staff for his inconsistent play. His forty time at the Combine was above 5 seconds; Dontari Poe ran better than he did. He showed minimal explosion in the vertical jump. He did just as poorly at his pro day. I can't see a coach like Fisher getting behind a kid that just doesn't seem to have it put together between the ears.
    ManofGod likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

why would we draft two ilb to fill our old holes?

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Kuechly is a Top 10-20 pick in this draft. The best 4-3 LB in this draft.
    Scratch him off your wish list.
    Rams won't draft him at six. If Rams like him that much they will trade down again.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Ya thanks for the imput guys... pretty much confirmed what I was thinking as well, just thought I'd throw some thoughts out there. I got to watch Burfict being here in the region on tv a couple of times and he was pretty darn good, but all the other factors just isn't worth it...