jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

How about Coffee in Round 5

Seems to me we really cant afford to waist one of our first four picks on a backup runningback. That being said I see Glen Coffee out of Alabama possibly being around in round 5. I saw the kid play against Georgia who had a pretty good D last season. He looked great running for 218 yards against them. What do you guys think?

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: How about Coffee in Round 5

Coffe is an interesting guy if he falls to us where we stand in the 5th. Coffe has good hands and can block. He runs hard.

However i dont know if he can keep the ball. He fumbles a bit too much. If we dont address RB earlier and Coffe would be the BPA in the 5th then i say go for him.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Coffe is an interesting guy if he falls to us where we stand in the 5th. Coffe has good hands and can block. He runs hard.

However i dont know if he can keep the ball. He fumbles a bit too much. If we dont address RB earlier and Coffe would be the BPA in the 5th then i say go for him.
    Coffee likely won't make it past rd 4 and could well be taken in rd 3. I think the Rams will probably take one of the three running backs invited to Rams Park for a visit: North Carolina State's Andre Brown, Iowa's Shonn Greene and Liberty's Rashad Jennings - that is if we actually draft an rb. One never knows what could transpire were we to make a trade or two on draft day. We pick high in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and on. We may find a trading partner after rd #1.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Coffee likely won't make it past rd 4 and could well be taken in rd 3. I think the Rams will probably take one of the three running backs invited to Rams Park for a visit: North Carolina State's Andre Brown, Iowa's Shonn Greene and Liberty's Rashad Jennings - that is if we actually draft an rb. One never knows what could transpire were we to make a trade or two on draft day. We pick high in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and on. We may find a trading partner after rd #1.
    Out of all four runningbacks you listed only Coffee could fall to round 5. Rashed Jennings ranks 5th overall and should be drafted 2nd or 3rd round, Shonn Greene Ranks 7th also a 2nd or 3rd round pick and Andre Brown ranks 8th and look for him to go in the 4th... Coffee is ranked 14th for RB's. I just don't think the Rams can take a RB before round five and if Coffee slips they should grab him....