throwback week

txramsfan is offline Registered User

How about Mike Peterson at MLB?

I know he's over 30, but he still has 2 or 3 years left and is a MLB. In the day and age of the salary cap (don't think there won't be one in 2010, they will get a bargaining agreement done) you have to pick and chose where you draft and spend your money. I know Curry may be a once in a great while LB but can we afford him at #2 with all the Rams need? It makes too much sense to go OT (they play almost every down on offensive) and Peterson at MLB could be had rather inexpensively for the NFL and still be productive.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

Re: How about Mike Peterson at MLB?

He sounds great, my only concern is that he is prone to injuries.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i wouldnt mind him on the cheap but i have heard that Billy D is only looking at players in F.A that are no older than 28...so far he has seemed to back that up by his actions.

it would seem logical to go OT in the first because of the need we have in the position but if we pick the wrong one its gonna be a wasted pick..so even tho a good OT in theory is more important than LB..thats why i still think we should go Curry..with the depth at OT we could pick say the 7th OT taken off the board with the 34th pick ( lets say an Britton or Beatty) and still get the best one.

if we did manage to get Peterson on the cheap i wouldnt rule us out getting Curry aswell..is only Weakside LB that we can truly say we set at..

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Yea he will be cheap but he had some problem this year so he would be a guy over 30 that is not a leader. So i say no.

And he is only 6-1 235 pounds. He is pretty small.

However if we cannot get a MLB in the draft we can look for a cheap Eric Barton after the draft maybe pre-season time.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i wouldnt mind him on the cheap but i have heard that Billy D is only looking at players in F.A that are no older than 28...so far he has seemed to back that up by his actions.

it would seem logical to go OT in the first because of the need we have in the position but if we pick the wrong one its gonna be a wasted pick..so even tho a good OT in theory is more important than LB..thats why i still think we should go Curry..with the depth at OT we could pick say the 7th OT taken off the board with the 34th pick ( lets say an Britton or Beatty) and still get the best one.

if we did manage to get Peterson on the cheap i wouldnt rule us out getting Curry aswell..is only Weakside LB that we can truly say we set at..
    Britton and Beatty will be taken in the 1st so the best we can do is Loadholt or Merideth

eric2810 is offline Registered User

If I'm not mistaken wasn't Peterson a locker room problem last season with Coach Del Rio? If so, I wouldn't want him on the team. Unless he would change his ways, then I wouldn't necessary be against the idea of picking him..However, I'm having a feeling that this new front office and coaching staff will go BPA with the second overall pick, and If Curry is available then he will be our guy, despite OT being a pressing need.
    Last edited by eric2810; -03-09-2009 at 07:18 PM.

tonyray05 Guest

Please no more retreads lets build a solid core and not just recycle oft injured FA's.