vanillasue is offline Registered User

How about something like this for our team

2 trade downs with Atl and Clev and select a lower grade OT and FS while getting Mack. I think it is a pipe dream, but who knows....

Round 1 Pick 6 (ATL): Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (A)
    Round 1 Pick 13: Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame (A)
    Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State (B)
    Round 2 Pick 5 (ATL): Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA (A)
    Round 2 Pick 12: Jimmie Ward, SS, Northern Illinois (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 7 (CLE): Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida (B)
    Round 3 Pick 11: Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Re: How about something like this for our team

Wishful thinking, tat won't happen for a number of reason I won't go into.

The main one is that Cleveland isn't looking to deal down, and I don't think they even take a QB at 4, preferring someone like Carr at 26, or maybe a deal down from there if Manziel falls.

The Browns would surely take Sammie Watkins over a QB, and also could prefer K. Mack or J. Clowney.

At #4, they are sure to get one of them, with Greg Robinson also a top 4 guys that they wouldn't need.

It's fun to speculate, and last year, I did a lark deal where I looked at how many picks they could acquire.

However, this is now a team with just 9 or 10 spots to fill TOPS, and that includes a backup QB.

It's no longer a team needing to retool a roster. They have done that, so now they need four of the best players they can get, and the rest guys to compete.

The Atlanta trade is the most likely, but just from 2 to 6. Atlanta is gonna want to get that done as soon as it's clear who #1 will ne.
    Barry Waller

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Re: How about something like this for our team

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Wishful thinking, tat won't happen for a number of reason I won't go into.

The Browns would surely take Sammie Watkins over a QB, and also could prefer K. Mack or J. Clowney.

The Atlanta trade is the most likely, but just from 2 to 6. Atlanta is gonna want to get that done as soon as it's clear who #1 will ne.
    While I agree that would be hard pressed for this scenario to happen, didn't the Browns release Weedon and Campbell, basically stating that QB is the way they will go? Would be a big gamble hoping on Carr at 26. That would be Watkins with no one decent to throw it should he not be there. I think they go QB early, and WR late wit it being much higher value deeper in the draft.

I wouldn't dismiss the Browns, but do feel it will be Atlanta jumping ahead. The worry that someone might move up to take their QB could be a lingering thought. Never thought I would cheer for paranoia but Go Paranoia Go!!! :-)