Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: How about THIS trade?

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    had the same idea 4 days ago

Another trade down scenario
    Man, I thought I deleted that thread so I could take credit for the idea.

Okay... I guess you get some "great minds think alike" rep points!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    I don't know. What has Brady Quinn done anyways? I'm not really a fan at all and to me he isn't the best fit for the WCO. Honestly if we really wanted a QB I would rather stay put at number 2 and take Sanchez who is a much better fit for the WCO.
    So you'd rather have Sanchez than Quinn AND the No. 5 pick (knowing that at least one of their top 3 guys - J.Smith/Monroe/Curry - will stil be there)?

Okay....

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Brady Quinn was the unquestioned leader of the Notre Dame team for three years. He broke just about every Notre Dame passing record and is also a great fit for the West Coast Offense. As far as what has he done...he hasn't done anything in the NFL, thanks for picking up on that. He played well in the games he was in, except that Bills game before he was injured. He sat behind a Derek Anderson who had a Probowl year.

The ESPN hype machine may have helped him, but he was also a Heisman finalist, Johnny Unitas award winner, Maxwell award winner, Cingular All American Player of the Year, AP second team All American. He wasn't publicity wasn't so much from ESPN but from Notre Dame being so infamous and well publicized. Notre Dame started doing well, and the leader of the team was recognized for it.

Mark Sanchez was a SI and Pro Football Weekly All American Honorable Mention...and First team All Pac-10.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

The big thing that concerns me here is that a team is not going to trade away a young quarterback if they have any hope that he might emerge as a guy you could build a franchise around. Now the Browns aren't exactly famous for their talent evaluation, but at the same time, I'd be a little concerned about the hand-me-downs of a desperate, failing franchise.

I don't have anything against Quinn personally, I'm just saying it doesn't seem like teams are beating down the door to make an offer for him either--certainly not like they were when Cutler or Cassel was up for grabs. And if we were intent on taking an offensive tackle (not saying we are, but IF) then there would be a legitimate possibility that Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe could still go in the top four. I wouldn't complain if we took Curry and had to work something else out at offensive tackle, but I wouldn't want us to be forced to do so just to get Brady Quinn.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

How many Bowls did Quinn win? How many times did Notre Dame beat USC under his watch?

I don't care about college football numbers-any system can inflate that. I care about big time wins. How many big time wins did Quinn have?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay, I promise... last pre-draft trade proposal from me...

There are reports that the Browns are interested in Sanchez.

Here's a fairly simple scenario:

Rams send the #2 pick in the draft to the Browns for the #5 pick and Brady Quinn.

The Rams would be guaranteed to get Monroe, J.Smith or Curry, and would get Quinn as a QB to groom for the future.

Hmmmm.....

I had posted a scenario similar to this in one of your threads recently. However, as I mentioned, let us recall that the Browns have TWO 2nd round picks this year. I would be much more impressed if we could trade Sanchez for the Browns First rounder ( #5) and one of their 2nd round picks this year (preferably #3 ). Also I would ask for a 3rd rounder from next years draft.

Note also that I said trade Sanchez. I am of the opinion that the Rams need to just go ahead and select this guy regardless if any teams have met our price before we make the pick. Then let the bidding wars begin!! I truly believe that between Cleveland, Denver, Washington, and the Jets we will see the price rise quickly.

Also, you will notice that I did NOT mention the Whiners or Seahags as possible trade partners, although I know that they remain VERY interested in Mark Sanchez. Folks we absolutely CANNOT let this QB land to one of our hated rivals in the NFC West. I couldn't stand to see him lighting us up for the next 10 years. Forget about Smith, Curry, and Monroe at #2. Grab Sanchez and let the party begin.

WHAT SAY YE?

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Man, I thought I deleted that thread so I could take credit for the idea.

Okay... I guess you get some "great minds think alike" rep points!
    hehe

But is still a good idea I think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12