Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: How the Cutler deal effects the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I don't understand why everyone thinks Seattle is going QB #1. Hasselback is still great. They need a RB more then anything.
    Hasselbeck turns 34 in September and only has two more years on his deal. He missed nine games last season and was largely ineffective when he was on the field. If the Seahawks have a shot to take Sanchez, it would be an excellent environment for him and a good schematic fit. He could learn for a year behind Hass and take over in 2010.

I don't think it's their biggest need either, but it makes a lot of sense for them.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: How the Cutler deal effects the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    They traded for him because, they were being pinched by Cutler and his agent. I think they took Orton as a little insurance, very well expecting that at least they could put someone under center at the start of the season and also have a back up in the long term.

Remember, Denver also took two 1st round picks, and a 3rd round pick as well. Also, if Orton is so great, why would Chicago be so willing to part with Orton? That trade is so heavily favored towards Chicago, it's not even funny. Denver is the one playing catch up now.
    In the right hands, two first rounders can be quite effective. On top of a starting QB who has IIRC a winning record....which Cutler, for all of his flashy numbers last year, doesn't have BTW.

The trade doesn't affect the Rams one bit. The Broncos explicitly told Detroit they were not interested in the #1 overall pick (due to the salary the pick would command) and in light of that I strongly doubt they want the #2 overall either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12