Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    jbell15's Avatar
    jbell15 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    maybe we only had 2 wins because people want to draft Rb's in the 3rd round and continue to be one of the NFL's worst defensive teams

    Trung Canidate worked out well -- didn't he ?
    All i'm saying is that you could have posted this comment here instead of the rude comment you made earlier.
    It gets your point across without making a jerk out of yourself.
    Do you get what i'm saying bro?


  2. #17
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,221
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Having a solid back-up for Jackson is a legitimate concern in my book. I don't think we can put any stock in Brian Leonard, although I hope I'm wrong. Using our 3rd round pick on a RB would depend on if someone fell that far that we didn't expect to be available. I think the trenches are more of a concern rounds 1-3. Then again it will depend on how we do with our 1st two picks.

  3. #18
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    waste of time -- just like this thread
    After re-thinking it you know what its your opinion and if you think you wasted time thats you but at the end of the day you know why you got the rep you got.
    Last edited by BarronWade; -04-17-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: good looks jbell and rockin ram

  4. #19
    jbell15's Avatar
    jbell15 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Hey b-dub you should edit that post asap
    i got an infraction for saying "gay"
    not calling someone gay
    for saying "gay!"
    just do it before a mod sees bro

  5. #20
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    So this is a waste of your time and you still post it. What are you a kid with no life. Since you do have a lot of time to waste why dont yougo online and find a life or somthing you asswhole

    Whoa Whoa...slow down there speedracer....just because someone made a rude comment doesn't mean that you have to retaliate like this.



    Go the way jbell did.



    And to laram0, completely agree with your post.

  6. #21
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    I would LOVE to get a guy like jennings in the 3rd to back up sjax, however, i don't think we have that kind of luxury. If you look at all the teams that draft RB's when they don't really need a starter, but get the RB because of value, they are teams that are already winners. Were not.
    examples are pittspurgh last reay with mendenhall
    didn't really need a starter, got him off of value, because they are winners already.
    same with carolina and stewart.
    dallas with felix jones.
    were not in that boat, although i wish we were
    Well we are not a elite team but aren't we trying to build to become one. So if we take the good players we can get up to there level

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    If Shonn Greene is there in the mid part of the 2nd round, I'd be very interested in trying to move up and grabbing him.

    I know my last mock has us taking Barden in R3, but I wouldn't mind moving up to try and get Greene.

    Having R1 Curry, R2 Beatty and R2 (from moving up) as Shonn Greene would be HUGE for us.
    Here is my knock on Greene remember when Billy D said that we are going to get bigger more physical. Well Greene is not big. But he is physical. However i dont think we will look to trade away draft picks to move and then be left with less than 7 picks we got some holes to fill.

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    maybe we only had 2 wins because people want to draft Rb's in the 3rd round and continue to be one of the NFL's worst defensive teams

    Trung Canidate worked out well -- didn't he ?
    WOW! Do you know the Rams at all?

    You do know that in the last 2 years we havnt one a game with out Action Jackson but we have won 5 games with that defense. Also the reason we were so bad was because we were old and lacked leadership in the begging with Lenehan.

    Oh and now you going to talk about a old regime 1st round draft pick well then i can counter on that with the problem you have with the defense. Ryan Pickett went well didnt he? Jimmy Kennedy went well didnt he. Robert Thomas went well didnt he?

  7. #22
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,898
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Here is my knock on Greene remember when Billy D said that we are going to get bigger more physical. Well Greene is not big. But he is physical. However i dont think we will look to trade away draft picks to move and then be left with less than 7 picks we got some holes to fill.
    Green at 5'10" and 227 is not small. He's no Brandon Jacobs either, but there are very few backs with his size and skills in the NFL.The biggest knock on Greene that I'm aware of, is that he has small hands (8 1/2 inches). His college production, although only a one year starter, was superb, and he was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year. It would seem this guy is a solid football player, but as to which rd he will be drafted, I have no idea. However, it is worth noting this quote from the Post Dispatch:The Rams have scouted a lot of running backs, and they've shown more than passing interest in North Carolina State's Andre Brown, Iowa's Shonn Greene and Liberty's Rashad Jennings. All three of those backs are very talented, and if Billy thinks selecting one of them in rd 3 represents the best value, I'm all for it. There is no question in my mind that finding a bonafide rb to not only spell Jackson - but in the event of his being injured - replace him and be a legit threat, is imperative. Whether Spags and Billy think we already have such a player on our roster, (Darby, Pittman,or Leonard) that can be that guy .. who knows?
    Last edited by MauiRam; -04-19-2009 at 02:58 PM.

  8. #23
    codeman123's Avatar
    codeman123 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Age
    24
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    I like Jamall Lee coming from Canada who we can pick up in the really late rounds giving us the opportunity to draft for another position with the 2-4 round picks. He is 6'1, 235 pounds and ran a 4.39 at the CFL combine, and is the number one prospect up here. His knock is his cutback ability, but I can't tell from watching tape since he is always playing in the rain on really bad quality fields. He is physical and on turf he should be able to reach the 5th gear and get some nice gains. It might not workout but it is an interesting choice that gives us more options in the earlier rounds. I think Darby would be a nice 3rd rb, but shouldn't be the main backup, and that goes for Pittman as well.

  9. #24
    codeman123's Avatar
    codeman123 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Age
    24
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    There is also the option of trading for Fred Jackson from Buffalo, who I think is an extremely talented RB. The bills would probably be looking for a 3 rounder to a 5th rounder and do not want to pay him. He is holding out and wants around 2 million a year, which he deserves. I would rather get him for a 3rd rounder than any of the other running backs in the draft.

  10. #25
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    I like Jamall Lee coming from Canada who we can pick up in the really late rounds giving us the opportunity to draft for another position with the 2-4 round picks. He is 6'1, 235 pounds and ran a 4.39 at the CFL combine, and is the number one prospect up here. His knock is his cutback ability, but I can't tell from watching tape since he is always playing in the rain on really bad quality fields. He is physical and on turf he should be able to reach the 5th gear and get some nice gains. It might not workout but it is an interesting choice that gives us more options in the earlier rounds. I think Darby would be a nice 3rd rb, but shouldn't be the main backup, and that goes for Pittman as well.
    Well i'm not to familiar with Jamall Lee but the main reason jennings was the guy i posted about is because he can play a back-up role because he does the little things like block well and has good hands. How is lee on those 2?

    Also i would not trust Darby because he has a problem running into refs (lol) and a huge case of fumbliaitis. But he can block however he could be a 5th string if someone gets injured.

    S-Jax-Jennings-Leonard-Pittman

    Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    There is also the option of trading for Fred Jackson from Buffalo, who I think is an extremely talented RB. The bills would probably be looking for a 3 rounder to a 5th rounder and do not want to pay him. He is holding out and wants around 2 million a year, which he deserves. I would rather get him for a 3rd rounder than any of the other running backs in the draft.
    Well the thing is if it would cost a 3rd rounder for Jackson then pay him 2 mil to back-up S-Jax which we can get out of a 3rd round RB. Also we wont have to pay Jennings that much and he will be younger.

  11. #26
    codeman123's Avatar
    codeman123 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Age
    24
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well i'm not to familiar with Jamall Lee but the main reason jennings was the guy i posted about is because he can play a back-up role because he does the little things like block well and has good hands. How is lee on those 2?
    The only thing I can find are his running stats and comments by his coach, which I don't know how far can lead since he is just supporting his player.

    "He is Mister Everything. He runs well, blocks well and catches well. He makes it all look easy." - Leroy Blugh, Head Coach
    "He has led the country for two years in rushing. He continues to get it done, despite every opponent being ready for him. In my opinion, he is the most outstanding player in the Country. - Leroy Blugh, Head Coach

    He averaged 8 yards a carry in 2007, and 6.5 in 2008 (possibly because the defense was putting everyone in the box). He also set a record for most carries in a season 2 years in a row, meaning the entire offense would have been built around him, since this does not count his reception yardage. It seems that he would be a decent blocker but there is no information on it and no video on it. I am just going to assume he needs to be coached up on it at the NFL level. Canadian football has a lot of screens and setups for the running back to get first downs and yardage in the 3 down system so he is a good receiver and had a lot of practice at it.

    He is projected to go number one in the CFL draft, and could be stolen away from a CFL team. His father was drafted number 1 in the CFL so he definitely has the football genes. No one knows about him so we can get him really late in the draft, although it would depend how he adapts to smaller fields, although he gets to deal with 1 less defender.

  12. #27
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    I wouldn't mind RB, but we definately have alot of needs on the defense especially if we go WR and OT in the first 2 rounds. If a stellar talent like Andre Brown drops to the top of third he could be a Derrick Wards type of guy and you can't pas up on that, if not I would say no

  13. #28
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,927
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru2012 View Post
    So the reason we only had 2 wins is because fens want a good backup runningback?? Man, you kill me. You managed a post more then a rude 1 liner yet it is still ignorant and totally off base. Congrats.
    I don't think it's what was said as much as the way it was delivered. There's a lot of substance to the argument that we have far too many needs elsewhere to grab a RB in the third round, especially having invested a second rounder in Leonard two years ago. He hasn't shown much, but I'd prefer to give him the opportunity before writing him off completely. Fans may want a backup RB, but there are also plenty of other pressing needs to fill at positions where starters are vacant.

  14. #29
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I don't think it's what was said as much as the way it was delivered. There's a lot of substance to the argument that we have far too many needs elsewhere to grab a RB in the third round, especially having invested a second rounder in Leonard two years ago. He hasn't shown much, but I'd prefer to give him the opportunity before writing him off completely. Fans may want a backup RB, but there are also plenty of other pressing needs to fill at positions where starters are vacant.
    Well honestly Brian Leonard has not showed enough for us not to replace him.

    As far as other needs on vacant starter spots there is really only 2 vacant starter spots and they are SLB and OT. I see us taking a OT in the 1st and we can fill in SLB later. But unless we take Lauriniatis or Curry, Chris Draft is our starting MLB.

    I think if we take a developmental MLB like Appleby in the 4th he can really improve with mentors such as draft and spoon.

    Yes we do have more pressing needs but just think about how many carries S-Jax will be getting. So i think we need a quality back-up RB and Leonard could become the 3rd RB in case S-Jax gets injured.

  15. #30
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,898
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well honestly Brian Leonard has not showed enough for us not to replace him.
    Are you saying that we should replace him?

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I think if we take a developmental MLB like Appleby in the 4th he can really improve with mentors such as draft and spoon.
    Agreed that we can develop a MLB taken in the mid rds on day two.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Yes we do have more pressing needs but just think about how many carries S-Jax will be getting. So i think we need a quality back-up RB and Leonard could become the 3rd RB in case S-Jax gets injured.
    Are you saying we should stick with Leonard? Just curious, as it appears you earlier implied we should relplace him. The only opinion I have on Brian Leonard is that he was drafted too high. He not only fits the 4 pillars, it could even be said he personifies them. That said, he has sustained serious shoulder injuries which could end up being chronic. I am extremely curious as to whether or not he'll make the team given that the new staff had nothing to do with drafting him. One thing that would appear to be in his favor though, is his ability as a receiver. The guy has excellent hands and if he loses tha weight he put on trying to play fullback, he could be dangerous in the west coast offense. I think he ran a 4.49 forty at the combine, so there is some quickness there. Whether or not he has the type of skills Spags and Pat Shurmur desire at his position, only time will tell ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chat w/ Jim Thomas - Feb 24th
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
  2. Gordo Live: 4/14/08
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live, November 6, 2007
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live, October 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
  5. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-26-2007, 08:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •