Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: How do you feel about the Rams taking a RB in the 3rd round?

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Are you saying that we should replace him?

Are you saying we should stick with Leonard? Just curious, as it appears you earlier implied we should relplace him. The only opinion I have on Brian Leonard is that he was drafted too high. He not only fits the 4 pillars, it could even be said he personifies them. That said, he has sustained serious shoulder injuries which could end up being chronic. I am extremely curious as to whether or not he'll make the team given that the new staff had nothing to do with drafting him. One thing that would appear to be in his favor though, is his ability as a receiver. The guy has excellent hands and if he loses tha weight he put on trying to play fullback, he could be dangerous in the west coast offense. I think he ran a 4.49 forty at the combine, so there is some quickness there. Whether or not he has the type of skills Spags and Pat Shurmur desire at his position, only time will tell ..
    Yes i do think we should replace him out of the #2 spot. I guess i should have worded it better. Leonard will move down in the depth charts.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well we are not a elite team but aren't we trying to build to become one. So if we take the good players we can get up to there level

Here is my knock on Greene remember when Billy D said that we are going to get bigger more physical. Well Greene is not big. But he is physical. However i dont think we will look to trade away draft picks to move and then be left with less than 7 picks we got some holes to fill.

WOW! Do you know the Rams at all?

You do know that in the last 2 years we havnt one a game with out Action Jackson but we have won 5 games with that defense. Also the reason we were so bad was because we were old and lacked leadership in the begging with Lenehan.

Oh and now you going to talk about a old regime 1st round draft pick well then i can counter on that with the problem you have with the defense. Ryan Pickett went well didnt he? Jimmy Kennedy went well didnt he. Robert Thomas went well didnt he?

I just don't see this need for a RB in the draft. I just cannot belive people would even consider this option. Brian Leanord could have been another defensive piece. Rb's are made by having a good team. Rb's don't make a good team.

round 5 or later = rb -- or not at all.

If your a rams fan and you are trying to win a championship you know that RB is not a priority.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I just don't see this need for a RB in the draft. I just cannot belive people would even consider this option. Brian Leanord could have been another defensive piece. Rb's are made by having a good team. Rb's don't make a good team.

round 5 or later = rb -- or not at all.

If your a rams fan and you are trying to win a championship you know that RB is not a priority.
    Really .. What happens if Steven Jackson gets hurt and is out for 10 games? Should we just go out and sign another street free agent (like we did last year) and hope for the best? I don't think any of us are qualified to say where we should or shouldn't pick a particular player. If there is a running back that Billy D feels is an exceptional value, then he'll likely select him. Whether it's the 3rd, 4th, 5th, or whenever.
    Last edited by MauiRam; -04-20-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123