Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

How does a 6'4 325 NT with a 5.0 40 and good leaping ability sound in 5th or 6th Rd?

40 Games
    191 Tackles
    44.5 Tackles for loss
    17.5 Sacks

Sammie Lee Hill,
    Position: DT
    School: Stillman
    Height: 6-4 Weight: 325

Sammie Lee Hill for his size has been described as having tremendous quickness and athletic ability to move laterally as well as hold the point of attack against the run. He is a I-AA and Division II player. Sammie Lee is a high character individual. He and teammates were involved in saving a man from a burning building.

Tales: The Hunger of Sammie Lee*Hill - Mile High Report

2008 Stats:
    11 Games
    59 Tackles
    15.5 Tackles for loss
    7.5 Sacks
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -02-12-2009 at 09:36 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: How does a 6'4 325 NT with a 5.0 40 and good leaping ability sound in 5th or 6th

Very interesting prospect. He's been on my radar for a little while, and if he can show the jump in competition is not overwhelming, he could be a nice find. Great size and productive (12 sacks & 30 TFLs the past 2 seasons). Someone to watch for sure.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Re: How does a 6'4 325 NT with a 5.0 40 and good leaping ability sound in 5th or 6th

I had him in my Rams mock, too.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Wow. Seems like a very good prospect. His high character also is something to look forward to. That is indeed something special.

What round does he fall to? (your opinion)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

If a convicted serial killer saves his cellmate does that make him a high character guy. Be careful who and what you call high character.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I had this guy going to us in the fifth round in my mock. I think that if we don't get Raji or Brace, Hill could be the big guy we need to plug holes.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

This guy sounds really good. Now if he is that good why would he fall down to the 5th or 6th round? I mean if he has a strong showing at the combine his stock might rise to at least the second or third round. I know he is probably from a smaller school and did not receive as much attention scouting and television coverage but what makes you guys think he would be available that late. I mean if he's that good pick him up.That is a no brainer I believe in those late rounds.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I had this guy going to us in the fifth round in my mock. I think that if we don't get Raji or Brace, Hill could be the big guy we need to plug holes.
    I agree one of these 3 would be nice to have. I dont see us taking Raji in the 1st. I would like to see us get Brace in the 2nd I think he would be a solid NT. If we don't get Brace then Hill would be a must for us in the later rounds. Hill is a higher risk higher reward guy then Brace. I could see him being a better player then Brace but I could also see him being a bust.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Sounds like a beast!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Sounds a little technically raw, but if any one can mold a great d lineman its Steve Spagnuolo. This kid sounds like he could be the next Justin Tuck.

Spyederman is offline Registered User

He sounds great but with those physical talents even if he is raw I wouldn't imagine he'd last into the 5th or 6th round. I like your optimisim about it though and if he's around then and has decent character we should pick him. Then again, I don't know anything about the guy, just what I'm reading in these posts.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Like Spyederman said, he sounds great, but when you're drafting guys sometimes even as early as the 3rd round, you're generally not going to find starters from day one. Yes, there are plenty of guys who fall through the cracks, but you can't count on it. Chris Horton, the 7th round safety from UCLA that the Redskins last year is a great example, however even they didn't know what they were getting when they drafted him. He just happened to turn it on when he got there. That said, if we could pick up this guy and he turns it on, great, but like the other thread about starting guys from the first six rounds, it would take the greatest draft in history to pull that one off. I'll be happy with three starters and a couple role players out of this draft.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I question whether he might be a bit tall for the position. I was disappointed to read this nugget in his NFL.com bio, "Hill played defensive end as a senior, despite his 6-foot-4, 328-pound frame, because coaches wanted to prevent double-team blocks from taking him out of the action."

You're 320-330 pounds and playing Division II ball. If you have to be moved outside because a Division II double team takes you out of the action, how are you going to handle an NFL double team effectively?

Level of competition is a big question mark, as is whether or not he has the strength and leverage to hold the point of attack in the middle of a line at the next level. Might be worth a flier in the late rounds, but he'd have an uphill battle to make it at the next level IMO. It sounds as if he's already being overhyped in this thread.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I question whether he might be a bit tall for the position. I was disappointed to read this nugget in his NFL.com bio, "Hill played defensive end as a senior, despite his 6-foot-4, 328-pound frame, because coaches wanted to prevent double-team blocks from taking him out of the action."

You're 320-330 pounds and playing Division II ball. If you have to be moved outside because a Division II double team takes you out of the action, how are you going to handle an NFL double team effectively?

Level of competition is a big question mark, as is whether or not he has the strength and leverage to hold the point of attack in the middle of a line at the next level. Might be worth a flier in the late rounds, but he'd have an uphill battle to make it at the next level IMO. It sounds as if he's already being overhyped in this thread.
    Who was that kid a couple of years ago.......out of Mississippi College (or something like that). Huge kid and athletic for a 350+ lb'er. Got some hype, but wasn't drafted. Saints picked him up as a UFA, and the kid lasted all of 10 minutes before they cut him.

Maybe this kid is the same story. Or maybe he is a big fish in a little pond. Overhyped? Aren't they all.

Certainly too many question marks for anything early, and at best, this kid won't see consistent grass under his feet until the 2nd or even 3rd year; but if he's sitting there in the 5th or 6th, and the first 4 rounds have gone as hoped.........I'd throw a pick at him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Who was that kid a couple of years ago.......out of Mississippi College (or something like that). Huge kid and athletic for a 350+ lb'er. Got some hype, but wasn't drafted. Saints picked him up as a UFA, and the kid lasted all of 10 minutes before they cut him.
    Walter Thomas out of Northwest Mississippi Community College. 374 pounds and people went bananas because he supposedly ran a 4.9 and could do a backflip. Signed by New Orleans as an UDFA and was sent to the locker room after 12 minutes of practice because of poor conditioning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast