Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TakeSuh is offline Registered User

How does suh even compare with mccoy

here suh 85 tackles 24 tfl 12 sacks 10 passes blocked 26 qb hurries 3 blocked kicks
    mccoy 34 tackles 11.5 tfl 6 sacks 2 passes blocked 7 qb hurries 0 blocked kicks
    NOW SOME PEOPLE BRING UP THAT MCCOY HAD MORE TALENT AROUND HIM........ lets compare the talent on both teams
    nebraska:Number one in the nation in scoring defense
    1 pass efficency defense 17 in total pass defense 7th in total defense 5th in rush defense
    Oklahoma is all above the 40s in thesw catagories.

This just makes Suhs stats even better. Lets not forget they played in the same conference and agianst each other (nebraska won 10-3)

Texas: Mccoy 3 tackles one sack, Suh 12 tackles 7 for loss 23 qb hurries, 4.5 sacks (other d tackle for crick, the other d tackle for nebraska, set the record for 5 sacks in one game agianst baylor)

kansas st:mccoy 1 tackle no sacks
    suh 9 tackles one sack 4 qb hurries 2 passes defended 3 tackles for loss.

Now lets get back to this guy crick, he had way better stats than mccoy too and he is only a sophmore:76 tackles 9.5 sacks 18 tfls, 4 blocked passes 16 qb hurries
    now im going to take a bold step here: Its not the scheme mccoy plays,its just he isnt as good as SUH OR CRICK.
    ( NOTE: I DIDNT SEE MCCOY AT ANY OF THE AWARDS CEROMONY)
    Back to Suh. Suh had the way better combine and had a 35.5 inch veritcal, highest for a guy over 300 pounds since 2000, he had 9 more reps on the bench, practically tied with mccoy in the forty (when will a d tackle run 40 yars straight? (oh wait suh made 2 tackles this year like that......) and suh also outpreformed mccoy in the 3 cone drill and the shuffle. Add this up and you get one hell of a defensive tackle who intercepts passes, blocks kicks sacks the quarterback, racks up the tackles, pressures the qb, disrupts screens, can make tackles 10-20 yards down field, and tackle the ball carrier for a loss.

how could you not want suh?

YouTube - Ndamukong Suh

(ps i do not care about spelling on the internet, as long as people get the general idea...)

cfh128 is online now Registered User

Re: How does suh even compare with mccoy

Good thing stats tell the whole story. There is no way anybody can argue with those numbers.

How could anybody ever say Peyton Manning is better than Matt Schaub? Schaub had more yards and less interceptions than Manning! Its all in the numbers! Stats tell you everything you ever needed to know!

/sarcasm mode turned off

In reality, I like Suh better than McCoy too, but they are both very obviously elite players and if the coaching staff decides McCoy is the pick, they are judging that on game film, not a stat sheet.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Good thing stats tell the whole story. There is no way anybody can argue with those numbers.

How could anybody ever say Peyton Manning is better than Matt Schaub? Schaub had more yards and less interceptions than Manning! Its all in the numbers! Stats tell you everything you ever needed to know!

/sarcasm mode turned off

In reality, I like Suh better than McCoy too, but they are both very obviously elite players and if the coaching staff decides McCoy is the pick, they are judging that on game film, not a stat sheet.
    Manning didn't play the last couple of games of the season. If he did he would've had more yards than Shaub and Peyton was better than Shaub in other statistical categories. The stats are not at all clear in that situation.

With McCoy and Suh the stats show that Suh is clearly the more dominant player. Suh is much better than McCoy in every statistical category relevant to D-linemen and proved at the combine that he is also a better athlete. People look at the stats because in most cases they reflect the skill of the player.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Manning didn't play the last couple of games of the season. If he did he would've had more yards than Shaub and Peyton was better than Shaub in other statistical categories. The stats are not at all clear in that situation.

With McCoy and Suh the stats show that Suh is clearly the more dominant player. Suh is much better than McCoy in every statistical category relevant to D-linemen and proved at the combine that he is also a better athlete. People look at the stats because in most cases they reflect the skill of the player.
    better athlete yes, but "football athlete" who knows....jury is still out....people change when the microscopes on them...(same goes for 40-speed and football speed- look at jerry rice...)

peramoure is offline Registered User

With you all the way man - I am on the QB side of the fence, but if we decide on a DT Suh is LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post

/sarcasm mode turned off

on game film its not even close i will post the links for you to watch suh

YouTube - DT Ndamukong Suh Highlights 2009 Nebraska Part 1
    YouTube - DT Ndamukong Suh Highlights 2009 Nebraska Part 2
    YouTube - DT Ndamukong Suh Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Nebraska Part 3

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

To me in every way i can think of Suh is just..better. How can you argue?

Suh is the vast majority leader in stats, beat mccoy's tail at the combine, and clearly dominated just about every game he played in, where mccoy would disappear sometimes.

Mccoy showed a quicker burst off the line this year, and that's the only reasoning I've seen that puts Mccoy ahead of Suh on some boards.

I attribute that to the systems. Suh has stated that the scheme Suh played in required him to stand up blockers and push the pocket back rather then simply shoot the gap.

Noone also states how many times Mccoy shot a gap and subsequently got blew out fo the play because he chose wrong.

Judging by Suh's vertical leap and broad jump it's obvious the guy has explosion. If he is required to shoot the gap does anyone doubt that his explosion would equal if not surpass mccoy's?

@ludairv- Is the jury REALLY out that Suh is a better football athlete? What more does he have to do to show he knows how to play football??

He lead his team in tackles in a position that is tough to rack up tackles on a defense full of talent. He showed intelligence, ball awareness, athleticism, and a nasty demeanor to cause pain. What do you guys want from him?

Suh just seems better and I don't understand the reasoning behind the Mccoy is better sentiment....

suh also got a higher score on the wonderitic test

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    To me in every way i can think of Suh is just..better. How can you argue?

Suh is the vast majority leader in stats, beat mccoy's tail at the combine, and clearly dominated just about every game he played in, where mccoy would disappear sometimes.

Mccoy showed a quicker burst off the line this year, and that's the only reasoning I've seen that puts Mccoy ahead of Suh on some boards.

I attribute that to the systems. Suh has stated that the scheme Suh played in required him to stand up blockers and push the pocket back rather then simply shoot the gap.

Noone also states how many times Mccoy shot a gap and subsequently got blew out fo the play because he chose wrong.

Judging by Suh's vertical leap and broad jump it's obvious the guy has explosion. If he is required to shoot the gap does anyone doubt that his explosion would equal if not surpass mccoy's?

@ludairv- Is the jury REALLY out that Suh is a better football athlete? What more does he have to do to show he knows how to play football??

He lead his team in tackles in a position that is tough to rack up tackles on a defense full of talent. He showed intelligence, ball awareness, athleticism, and a nasty demeanor to cause pain. What do you guys want from him?

Suh just seems better and I don't understand the reasoning behind the Mccoy is better sentiment....
    i agree with this completely and lets not forget they played in the same conference (aka same opponents) and suh still leads the margin by a ton.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

24 reps is laughable for a DT.

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    24 reps is laughable for a DT.
    mccoy actually got 23 reps, now that is sad.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

172 lb Dexter McCluster put up 20 reps.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

I don't even think Mccoy is in the debate with Suh and Bradford.. I'm pretty sure if we pick anyone at #1 it will be either Suh or Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I don't even think Mccoy is in the debate with Suh and Bradford.. I'm pretty sure if we pick anyone at #1 it will be either Suh or Bradford.
    ask that faggot maydick or what ever his name is or that mcsuck guy at espn.

anyone else have something to say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast