Barry Waller is offline Registered User

How Far Could Rams Move Up Without Using Second Rounder

Obviously if a team makes a big move up, 2015 picks in round one and two would probably play a part in the deal.

However, a team like the Rams in the top 15 could make a short move up, and only have to give up their third rounder.

The Rams third rounder would be enough to move up to pick 9, according to the trade chart.

Throw in a fifth rounder, and you can get as high as 8th.

So lets say the Bucs take DT Aaron Donald, and Mike Evans is on the board at pick 8.

The Rams could decide it's worth that third and fifth, especially with so many late picks this year to get a top 10 player. This area of the draft could see the most teams looking to deal up, and if a guy like Evans drops even a bit, to a team not needing a WR and a team that wants to deal down, as the vikings do, the phone lines will be burning up.

If the Rams score a high #2 to deal down with Atlanta, a deal UP at 13 seems even more appealing.

It may mean not getting a QB in rd 3, but waiting till round four or five, but to assure getting TWO guys out of a top two tiers that is about 10 deep in this strong draft might be well worth the move.

Barry Waller

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Re: How Far Could Rams Move Up Without Using Second Rounder

I would fall over faint of the Bucs took Donald over Evans. Snead moved up last yr. If they feel he is worth it they will do it.

If we do a deal with Atlanta I would be more open. Lot of good players going in the 3rd round to lose that pick.

PS. I would actually move up for Donald, more so than Evans, but that is just me.