Barry Waller is offline Registered User

How far Could Snead Move Down From #13

I think it's a pretty good bet that if the Rams make their pick at #2 and keep it, that the Rams next two pick will be very much available to teams wanting to deal up.

The problem for Les Snead is that even if two QBs are taken in the top 16, the fall off in talent they would really want with the second #1 appears to leave the Rams at risk at, say #18, should the Jets want to get up for Odell Beckham, say. Baltimore, at #17 is a possibility as well , especially if TE Eric Ebron is on the board.

A move from 13 to 18 is worth a third and a fourth on the trade chart, but perhaps a team over pays with their second rounder.

Would that be enough, even in a great draft, for the Rams to possibly miss out on one of these guys.
    CB Gilbert, Dennard, Fuller
    S - Pryor, Clinton-Dix
    DT - A. Donald
    LB Mosely

The next best CB is Jason Verett, a very good, but small guy, and Br adley Roby, a guy with big bust potential.

The next best safety is a guy rated mid-round two, Jimmie Ward, or Deion Buchanon or LaMarcus Joyner

The next best DT is Tommy Jernigan
    The next best LB is Ryan Shazier, not a fit in St Louis.
    The best WR left will be Cory Lattimer or Marquis Lee or Brandon Cooks, or Kelvin Benjamin, and you can still get a very good WR in Rd 2.
    The best lineman is a guard, X. Sua Filo, and they could probably deal down again and get him.

IF Snead moves to 18, and he doesn't get lucky with the guys he hopes to see one fall to him, that 18 will be ripe for yet another deal down by trader Les, and THEN look for that #44 to become a third first round pick.
    Last edited by Barry Waller; -05-08-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Barry Waller

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Re: How far Could Snead Move Down From #13

Have a feeling the mid point of the first rd is going to be full of teams jockeying for position. So if we do trade from there I wouldn't want to go below 19 20 at the most.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: How far Could Snead Move Down From #13

At No. 13, I'm going to assume that guys like Mike Evans and Aaron Donald will be gone.

The next question I'd ask is, how many of the following players are still available: Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, Kyle Fuller, Hasean Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor. I'm guessing it will be 2 or 3 of those guys.

If, looking at the teams behind us, we could acquire an extra 2nd rounder and still have a good shot at one of the remaining guys from the list, then its a no-brainer.

If not, then it would depend on how high the Rams are on the next wave of guys, which could include Timmy Jernigan, Ryan Shazier, Json Verrett, Jimmy Ward, Deone Bucannon and, perhaps, Kelvin Benjamin.

If a 2nd round pick is offered as compensation, it would be tough to pass up.