View Poll Results: How do you feel about the players the Rams drafted?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ecstatic

12 7.64%
  • Feel Good

100 63.69%
  • Feel Oaky

31 19.75%
  • Feel Concerned

11 7.01%
  • Did Not Like

3 1.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

How happy are you with the players the Rams drafted?

How do you feel about the players the Rams drafted?

Ecstatic
    Feel Good
    Feel Okay
    Feel Concerned
    Did Not Like
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-24-2010 at 09:43 PM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: How happy are you with the players the Rams drafted?

I like whet they did voted good I wish they would have got a young speedy back to help SJ.
    :ramlogo:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I like this better than trying to assign a grade to each of the picks. We won't know how these guys turn out for a while, but we have opinions on them now and that's fine. I'm not really ecstatic about any of the picks, but I feel somewhere between okay and good about most of them. For the overall draft, I'm probably closer to Good than I am Okay. If that makes sense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

harrydog is offline Registered User

I feel good. We addressed some areas of need. The Rams should almost certainly be an improved team with an improved record. They're headed in the right direction although it will take another couple of years I think. No reason not to be optimistic.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I think they got 4-5 potential starters from this draft 2 years from now. Not to mention a couple flyers such as onubon and with 3 DE's to see if spags can turn any into very high end caliber DE's.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Feel Good. The TE might be excessive, but it will definetely create some competition this year for one guy to emerge. I like the flyer we took on onubu even though i think we could have gotten in the seventh. If he pans out its a tremendous gain, if not, it was only a late sixth rounder used. I LOVE the first 4 picks.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

1st pick a stretch...yes Bradford was the best qb in the draft...but it was by all accounts a weak qb class
    2nd pick- good based on 1st pick...gotta protect the investment...but wish we could have traded down...think Safford would have still been there

3rd pick- is a question mark...but this was a spags call I think

4th- was the best pick of the whole draft....special teams and a very seasoned college wr with difference making speed. Amedola sits and our special teams gets dangerous...not just dependable and consistent

4th and 5th and 6th- cant call it. At least someone there to push Fells...we need our franchise to have a security blanket thats above average...and that aint Fells right now.

7th round- I actually like the penn st lb. All he did was make tackles...nothing high measurable....but cant go wrong in 7th with penn st lb (hey Mr Irrelevant starts for our team right now...lol)

All around I voted I feel ok. If Bradford can get protection.....learn to read defenses and get some maturity from our wr group...we may be ok. Hopefully westbrook comes on board which would help the maturity of the rook. He understands the offense like only one other person (McNabb) and could help out in the backfield in crucial 3rd down situations.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Ya know what? If you install Griffen in the 2nd round and put everyone else one pick later, this would be considered a great draft. Regardless of the fact Griffen is probably going to be a massive bust.

Keep it ALL in perspective.

I don't expect a lot of production in the first year from any of the picks and I'm pretty much fine with that.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Ya know what? If you install Griffen in the 2nd round and put everyone else one pick later, this would be considered a great draft. Regardless of the fact Griffen is probably going to be a massive bust.

Keep it ALL in perspective.

I don't expect a lot of production in the first year from any of the picks and I'm pretty much fine with that.
    And if Suh would have fallen to the second and Dez Bryant was there in the third, this would have been the best draft ever!

My point is, I have heard Saffold wasn't going to get past Minnesota, let alone fall to the third round. Mardy Gilyard was lucky to fall to four, let alone fifth! Now there is a chance the TE's Corners and a one or two of the DEs could have possibly dropped a round, but there is no way to know for certain.

Fact of the matter is, we stuck to our board, didn't reach for needs, and of course got a franchise QB that is going to be putting up good numbers in STL for a real long time.

I am ecstatic about this draft, we drafted 4-5 potential long term starters, think about that, that is unheard of. How many players do we still have from the 2006 draft class, let alone STARTERS?

I think in 3 or 4 years we are all going to look back and realize that this was the weekend that the St. Louis Rams began their ascent back to greatness.

Either that or it was the draft that continued our descent into the laughing stock of the NFL, because really when it comes down to it, at this point we have no idea. But hey I like to stay optimistic. Life is just a lot better that way.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I feel OK about this draft.

If the Rams would of traded down in the second I would of been good or estatic about this draft.

1. I thought the Rams should have traded down in the second for additional picks in the draft. Maybe a extra 3rd and 4th round pick.

I like the two TE picks in the draft. To run a true WCO you need a great receiving threat at TE. I liked the TE Fendi Onubon (6'-6", 252LBS Ran a 4.45-40) pick in the late rounds. He could be great with someone to develope him.

I also liked the Rams picking two DE in the draft. Hopfully one will turn into a really good pass rusher to compliment Long at the other End of the line.

Go Rams

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

I think Devaney and the Rams know exactly what they're doing. They brought in Leveatt from south florida to assess players. Coincidentally, we drafted 2 south florida players. We got insider info.

As for the rest of the draft I remain optimistic. Devaney so far has been 100% correct on everything. And he has made the tough decisions even when it wasn't popular to do so. Until he is proven wrong, I'm gonna assume there's some gems in this draft we have yet to learn about.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post

1. I thought the Rams should have traded down in the second for additional picks in the draft. Maybe a extra 3rd and 4th round pick.
    I think it was reported that their best offer was a late 2nd round and late 3rd so they stayed put.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I voted for "oaky".

I feel that in other years, we may have been a little more excited. But for a draft as deep as this was, there were a lot of "big names" still on the board that we passed on, perhaps to the dismay and confusion of some people.

We have to understand that the front office were aware of these names too, and chose to go in different directions, for reasons we don't yet understand. We just have to trust that our staff did their homework and picked the right players for our team. There are reasons players fell like they did, and they weren't merely picked over by us, but by 31 other teams as well. Our staff isn't stupid. There were some pretty clear indicators that we had a BPA approach to our draft, and stuck by it.

That said, I personally wished we had went in a couple of different directions, as did everyone else, mostly because of name recognition. We didn't always take the sexy pick, but we got some solid depth for our team. A good example would be Murphy, the CB we took at the top of the third round. If you followed the rest of the picks immediately afterward, you noticed that a lot of them were also CBs. It's almost as if our staff anticipated this (whoah, what a concept!) and grabbed the best from the pack. I can also recall when we picked Fletcher last year, and the reception to that decision was quite similar. He seems to be working out for us, so there's no reason to believe Murphy will be a flop either.

The only thing we can do is have some patience, and wait until they start working out with the team. Or, you can become a Chargers fan like LongBlood did

The point is, be patient and welcome the new Rams! You might even be surprised this fall.

molar_pistol Guest

i like the picks, basically all of them. we have a lot of young competition going on with talented guys so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. i still worry about weak side linebacker and tight end a bit, but we'll see.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Overall I'm ok with the draft this year, I agree with Nick, let's see how these guys do before we start giving out grades. My only "complaint" is I would have liked to have seen them go after a RB in the later rounds to get someone to help spell Jax from time to time, but I guess there wasn't anyone who really impressed Spags or Devaney. I think some needs were addressed and let's see what happens now in the FA market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast