View Poll Results: How do you feel about the players the Rams drafted?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ecstatic

12 7.64%
  • Feel Good

100 63.69%
  • Feel Oaky

31 19.75%
  • Feel Concerned

11 7.01%
  • Did Not Like

3 1.91%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: How happy are you with the players the Rams drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    whoa guys no need to get personal here, we are all rams fans here after all.
    My comments were not made as personal, and personally i don't see how it could be taken that way. I just get tired of the constant negativity and people saying the rams should have done this, or this pick was a stretch. Guys, no one on this board has watched as much film on these guys as DeSpags or anyone on our scouting staff. You can have an opinion, but lets wait a year or two before we start saying that our team management suck and how we blew our picks.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    My comments were not made as personal, and personally i don't see how it could be taken that way. I just get tired of the constant negativity and people saying the rams should have done this, or this pick was a stretch. Guys, no one on this board has watched as much film on these guys as DeSpags or anyone on our scouting staff. You can have an opinion, but lets wait a year or two before we start saying that our team management suck and how we blew our picks.
    I understand your feeling, but Can its a free world bro, they can post their thoughts. On another note, has anyone heard how Bradford looked today?

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I understand your feeling, but Can its a free world bro, they can post their thoughts. On another note, has anyone heard how Bradford looked today?
    Yeah, i agree with you 100% but people are saying with such certainty that these picks will be busts and that it was dumb for us to have taken the players we did. THAT is what i don't understand because they have no idea what the FO knows.

From what i have read on ESPN he looked really good, seemed to take the first chunk of the playbook and soak it up.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Yeah, i agree with you 100% but people are saying with such certainty that these picks will be busts and that it was dumb for us to have taken the players we did. THAT is what i don't understand because they have no idea what the FO knows.

From what i have read on ESPN he looked really good, seemed to take the first chunk of the playbook and soak it up.
    We know now that a fan could have picked better then our previous regimes. We had some of the worst drafts since our GSOT era. All those fans that you have said are dumb would have been right the majority of the time had the team prior to this regime picked who they wanted. I am not saying that is the norm or will be the case with the new regime but fans should be allowed to label the draft picks however they see them now.

We are all fans and have opinions as to what we would like to see and what is best for the team in our opinion. I get tired of people saying that they are tired of some other fan for being cirtical of a move by the organization. Some critical fans get just as tired of the fans that are non-critical of how the team is ran. I for one still like at this point the new regime and have given them a pass until I see how this year plays out they (need to show a vast improvement).
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -05-01-2010 at 08:27 PM.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

We all want the same thing (Superbowl), but some fans can't except the fact that there are alternate ways of getting there. Just like a computer, I can "right click > copy", "edit > copy", or "ctrl + c".

The Rams didnt pick every one of my picks, but I can still appreciate their decisions. Bottom line is, they answered needs that had to be addressed. We absolutely had to get protection for Bradford (explains Saffold and Hoomanawanui). We absolutley could not pass on extreme value (such as Murphey and Gilyard). And in the later rounds there is not much you can do except draft a ton of players and hope to get a hit. And in a deep draft, we have very good odds.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -05-03-2010 at 01:41 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Yes, 'good' IS good. Good poll too!

Rip The Ram is offline Registered User

Delighted with the pickups of Rodger Saffold, Mardy Gilyard and especially the steal that was George Selvie. Okay, so we're going to have disgruntled fans wondering why we picked two tight ends and why we didn't address RB, but we've got holes to fill everywhere. We'd have needed about 25 picks to satisfy everyone!.
    I was pleasantly surprised this year, a really savvy draft by the Rams.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234