Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How mad would you be?

Ventesette is offline Registered User

How mad would you be?

I have the Rams in a mock and ended up with the following picks through the first two rounds:

Jonathan Cooper G NC
    Keenan Allen WR Cal
    Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St

To be fair I made the Allen pick before news of his times were out. You guys will probably be mad that I picked Cooper with Austin on the board, but with Vaccaro, Austin and Ogletree left, I hoped to get one. I probably like Cooper more than most. Allen was kind of a consolation prize. I'm not sure how you guys feel about Hankins, but he seems like he would flourish as a rotational guy and his talent level is pretty good for the spot.

Elit.Fan is offline Registered User

Re: How mad would you be?

I'd be fine with Cooper, as he fills a need. Allen I'm not as sold on, but only because of his proday and the injury, but when you made that pick i get why. As for Hankins, I dislike the pick because we have a number of other holes to fill and D-Line is one of the strengths on the team, and i don't like using a premium pick on that spot (unless the value is high) and using a 2nd rounder on a rotational guy just isn't something I want this team to do. Especially when we have big holes at OLB and Safety.
    Rambos, Ventesette and DE_Ramfan like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'd be happy with Cooper at #16.

Allen at #22 would be fine, though there could be another WR available at that point who I'd prefer.

I'm not wild about Hankins in Round 2. I'd rather have a LB, S or even a RB at that spot.
    richtree, Ventesette and DE_Ramfan like this.

Eh. I'm not crazy about the LB and safety choices that were left. There were guys that would be around 3-5 that I'd probably prefer. Not a huge fan of Khaseem Greene who was probably my next choice and I'm a Rutgers guy. Probably rather have Rambo or McDonald than any of the other safeties left and one should be around in the next round. What do you think the Rams are looking for in a safety? I think Hankins can be a beast and I like the value in the 2nd.

If I could do it again, I would have taken Austin first. I think I'd have had a better chance of Vaccaro, Cooper or Ogletree falling to the next pick, but at the time I was thinking that with Allen and Austin both left I'd at least have something. Looking back I might have done better with a defender up there and Warford in the 2nd, but I still like it okay.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'd take Khaseem Greene over Hankins. I'd also take Sio Moore, Arthur Brown, Jamie Collins or Gerald Hodges over him.
    richtree and Ventesette like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'd take Khaseem Greene over Hankins. I'd also take Sio Moore, Arthur Brown, Jamie Collins or Gerald Hodges over him.
    I think I just like Hankins more than you. I'd have taken Brown over him for sure, but he was way gone. I think most of those others will go considerably later (at least in this particular mock - Geno Smith went in the 2nd). I like Sio Moore, but I'm not in love with Collins or Hodges and think at least one of those guys will last a round or more. Moore is actually one of the guys I was thinking I could get in the next round rather than burning the pick on Greene.

punahou is offline Registered User

Yes to Cooper, definitely no to Hankins, and while I like Allen, I think he can be obtained later =P. I don't know why some of the webs mocks are mocking DTs to us when we have much more obvious concerns are other positions.
    Ventesette likes this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'd be very happy with Cooper, and I'm still fine with Allen there if the Rams think his medical issues are going to be behind him. I tend to agree that Hankins isn't the best choice for this team in the second round, though I understand the value argument.
    Ventesette likes this.

I took Hankins because that is who I would take there. I think that people are mocking DTs to the Rams there because it's a pretty strong class. I'm a big BAP guy, but didn't study the draft too hard this year. I'm a Jet fan rather than Rams, but generally like the Rams from back in the James Harris, Lawrence McCutcheon, Harold Jackson days.

Am I correct that drafting for need I would be looking for a SAM LB, Safety and then maybe RB? There are plenty of later slot type WRs I'd go for, but the run on RBs is probably starting now in that mock.

FWIW, I knew you guys wouldn't like the Hankins pick and I picked Keenan Allen before the pro day times came out, so I gambled a bit there. Hence the thread title.
    Last edited by Ventesette; -04-12-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    See? I don't look so bad now. Up to pick 73 in the third round. Five teams ahead of me and Greene, Moore, Collins and Hodges are all still left. I think I'd prefer Moore, but I may go for Greene if nobody picks him first.

Sio Moore with pick 78. Now I'm looking db/rb/value

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Hankins is a Steeler type NT, where the Rams would probably prefer a penetrating DT like Richardson or Luteleilei, or even Sly Williams.
    Ventesette likes this.
    Barry Waller

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Hankins is a Steeler type NT, where the Rams would probably prefer a penetrating DT like Richardson or Luteleilei, or even Sly Williams.
    All gone. I think Hankins'll penetrate fine. I don't think Hankins is a big tubby 2 gap DL. I think he has conditioning trouble, but from what I've seen I like him for almost anybody. Of course, I haven't seen too much. I might still get Greene in the 4th.

What safety prospects do you guys like best for the Rams? After the top guys most of the ones I like are more SS than FS - Shamarko Thomas (there) and JJ Wilcox (gone). I liked Baccari Rambo, but we went before the Rams 3rd rounder. Swearinger, Vaccaro, Reid and Elam are all gone.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Phillip Thomas is a safety I'd keep my eye on, given whom you've listed is gone.
    Ventesette likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast