Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How mad would you be?

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: How mad would you be?

I would be calling for you to get fired.

1. There's is no way Jeff Fisher takes a guard over Tavon Austin IMO, unless Harvey Dahl retires and Watkins is not making any progress with his injury. Even then, I think he'd draft Long and/or Warford in the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds. At least that's what I'd hope he'd do.

2. Not a fan of Anquan Boldin, therefore not a fan of Keenan Allen

3. There will be a much better option in the 2nd round for the Rams (based on needs), than Hankins.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -04-13-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Ventesette likes this.

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Phillip Thomas is a safety I'd keep my eye on, given whom you've listed is gone.
    Good call. Unfortunately he was gone too. I have some time to try and decide. I do like Shamarko and may just go for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I would be calling for you to get fired.

1. There's is no way Jeff Fisher takes a guard over Tavon Austin IMO, unless Harvey Dahl retires and Watkins is not making any progress with his injury. Even then, I think he'd draft Long and/or Warford in the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds. At least that's what I'd hope he'd do.

2. Not a fan of Anquan Boldin, therefore not a fan of Keenan Allen

3. There will be a much better option in the 2nd round for the Rams (based on needs), than Hankins.
    Fine. This is the kind of response I expected and basically wanted. I prefer BAP so I'm not that concerned with need. That's what low level FAs are for IMO. I like Cooper A LOT. I like Austin too, but he is a fidget. I prefer not to draft guys that are smaller than me that high. The fact that he lasted past 16 let me think I might get him at 22. Patterson was the only WR off the board and I felt more comfortable that Austin would last than Cooper. OTOH, as I said earlier, if I got a do over I'd take Austin first.

Hankins is the guy I expected (and got) the most backlash from around here. Just curious, do you have any names that you prefer there for the Rams? I considered plenty and they almost all were still available in the 3rd. I think Hankins can be a monster and I'd roll the dice there.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ventesette View Post
    Fine. This is the kind of response I expected and basically wanted. I prefer BAP so I'm not that concerned with need. That's what low level FAs are for IMO. I like Cooper A LOT. I like Austin too, but he is a fidget. I prefer not to draft guys that are smaller than me that high. The fact that he lasted past 16 let me think I might get him at 22. Patterson was the only WR off the board and I felt more comfortable that Austin would last than Cooper. OTOH, as I said earlier, if I got a do over I'd take Austin first.

Hankins is the guy I expected (and got) the most backlash from around here. Just curious, do you have any names that you prefer there for the Rams? I considered plenty and they almost all were still available in the 3rd. I think Hankins can be a monster and I'd roll the dice there.
    The second round is where I'd consider a guard, probably Long or Warford unless a BPA scenario presents itself.

We are set at DT for now, at least as far as the starters go. We could consider one for depth later in the draft, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    The second round is where I'd consider a guard, probably Long or Warford unless a BPA scenario presents itself.

We are set at DT for now, at least as far as the starters go. We could consider one for depth later in the draft, however.
    I look for impact, not depth, in the draft. Haha, sort of strange saying that after I took Cooper over Austin. I think Cooper is really good and I like his versatility. Can't say you'd pick a guard there if you consider that we already had Cooper on board, but Warford in particular was a guy I might have gone for if you replaced Cooper/Allen with Austin and Vaccaro/Ogletree. In the 2nd I was looking for a OLB/S for need and took Hankins as BAP. In hindsight I probably would have preferred Austin/?/Warford, but 2-3 years from now we'd probably be wishing we had Hankins, IMO.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not as high on Hankins as you are, and judging from the responses in this thread, I might not be alone. But comparatively, he was available for the Rams in the second round in my latest mock, so I don't consider him such amazing value that you have to take him there over other possible needs. I projected him to Pittsburgh in Round Two.

Based on your two picks in the first round, positionally, I would be looking for any of the following in the second round: S, OLB, OT, RB. In that order. Without knowing who was off the board and who was left, it's tough to say beyond that who we would have preferred name-wise. But those are the positions I'd target if the Rams go OG/WR in the first round.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I can live with Cooper & Allen... the Hankins pick would upset me.
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -04-15-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Shamarko Thomas in the 4th.

Administrative question- I've been repping posts because I appreciate you guys taking the time to discuss my picks, is that considered okay around here?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Shamarko Thomas in the 4th.

Administrative question- I've been repping posts because I appreciate you guys taking the time to discuss my picks, is that considered okay around here?
    Sure, that's fine. We wouldn't have a rep system in place if we didn't want our members to utilize it.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I don't mind the Hankins pick. Good value in the 2nd round just not really a need for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12