Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: How mad would you be IF..

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

How mad would you be IF..

we didn't draft Kalil or Blackmon?! i think we will trade down.. but its looking like its between Cleveland and Washington! i hope its cleveland so bad.. but im thinking its most likely washington.. I've seen mock drafts that we pick up richardson with redskins pick.. and if its cleveland its blackmon! If not blackmon or kalil.. who would you want? and how mad will you guys be!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: How mad would you be IF..

Id be pretty mad. If we picked up Jeffery or Floyd i wouldnt be as mad though, still would be a little upset since i want Blackmon 100%.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be mad at all. I love Blackmon, but would pass on Kalil in the top 10. Good scouts say he is not a Jake Long type prospect, but more of a mid-first rounder.

The mindset still exists out there that the salary system for top picks require teams to select a QB,CB,LT, or DT with a top 10 pick. However, thanks to the new CBA that is no longer true.

Trent Richardson doesn't fill need as badly as other, but he is an elite talent. We need more elite talent. I also think we could benefit from guys like Kirkpatrick, DeCastro, Floyd, and Kuechly as they are all elite top ten talent as well.

It's important to not fall in love in the draft. It can cost you.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think would makes the trade down so tough is that no one knows what Minnesota wants to do at pick #3 right now

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Of course, it depends. If the Rams don't take either of those players at No. 2, I'd be very surprised (though Claiborne is not out of the question). If the Rams trade down, my reaction will be determined by what the Rams get in exchange for the pick.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Cassadine is offline Registered User

Well, I don't think we're trading with the Browns. If RG3 falls to them at #4 they might pick him up, but they have Colt McCoy and Holmgren has never drafted a QB in the first round so I don't see them trading away picks to move up. They have a ton of holes (especially with Hillis likely not resigning, their best tight end will probably leave too and they need a wide receiver and defensive help with the run).

According to the draft value chart, if we trade with the Skins we will be getting their #1 this year, their #2 this year, their #1 next year and maybe one more mid-round pick. I think this is what we can expect, especially if Fisher is our head coach. He has a good friendship with Mike Shanahan from what I understand and picking up three or four additional picks from just moving down four spots sounds like a good deal to me.

I like Blackmon, but I'd be fine with Floyd especially if it meant it increased our chances of picking up even more quality playmakers.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cassadine View Post
    Well, I don't think we're trading with the Browns. If RG3 falls to them at #4 they might pick him up, but they have Colt McCoy and Holmgren has never drafted a QB in the first round so I don't see them trading away picks to move up. They have a ton of holes (especially with Hillis likely not resigning, their best tight end will probably leave too and they need a wide receiver and defensive help with the run).

According to the draft value chart, if we trade with the Skins we will be getting their #1 this year, their #2 this year, their #1 next year and maybe one more mid-round pick. I think this is what we can expect, especially if Fisher is our head coach. He has a good friendship with Mike Shanahan from what I understand and picking up three or four additional picks from just moving down four spots sounds like a good deal to me.

I like Blackmon, but I'd be fine with Floyd especially if it meant it increased our chances of picking up even more quality playmakers.
    Welcome, Cassadine. Good first post...

RebelYell is offline Registered User

In my opinion, the draft has two premier players teams will go crazy for. Luck and RG3. After those two, I think there is a massive drop-off in who is obviously an all-pro just waiting to be drafted. My major wonder: is Minnesota really satisfied with Ponder? Or will they pull a Carolina and just go ahead and draft a stud instead of limping along with a sub-par QB? Same with Cleveland, Washington, Jacksonville, Miami or KC?

Claiborne and Kirkpatrick both appear to be studs but with those defenses I'm not sure. Does being on such a dominant defense make either one more or less impressive?

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm with AV depends on what we get in return. If we trade to the Browns we may still have a shot at both and will have a shot at one for sure. If the passed on both at the 4th spot I would be pissed.