Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: How many people who want to draft cutler and trade bulger...

well Bulger only has maybe 2 years left and it is to be seen if they are good or not. I think Bulger would be a great teacher to any new QB and so will Ferrotte. So if they get him( CUTLER) at 11 great, but not trade Bulger.....yet! But I'm sure that trading Bulger will come at some point( 1 or 2 years from now).

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It's hard to tell how many years he has left. Brunell's 7 years older, Favre's 8 years older, and Brad Johnson is 9 years older. All of them are current starters. I'm not saying Bulger will last that long, but I don't think 5 years is out of the question if he can keep him off the IR list. At this stage in the game, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a day 2 QB to try to develop into an eventual starter, but I wouldn't want to draft a first rounder. I think QB one of the hardest positions to project success for in the NFL, so I'd rather not use a first rounder on it unless we don't have a lot of more pressing needs.

The day may come that we trade Bulger, but I sure would hope that day isn't tomorrow!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Why would anyone think bulger has only two years left? He has two years left on his contract if that is what you meant and in the cap era, i can see the validity of the argument of wanting some protection against bulger either getting hurt or demanding huge money in two years. However, that assumes that you arent trying to win immediately and that you dont have glaring weaknesses to address.

Bulger will last as long as the offensive line protects him. That could be two weeks or ten years. I dont think he is brittle at all, but there are only so many hits one guy can take. More max. protect schemes will help him a lot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Theodus, What in the world are you saying? Bulger just turned 29 and is in his prime right now. Even his injuries have been relatively mild (no surgeries or long, protracted rehab). Even his negotiations for his current contract were some of the easiest I've seen for a Rams starting qb in years. I have all the confidence that when his current deal runs out he will be very congenial and receptive to resigning with the Rams. Bottom line is he wants to be a Ram and we should realize what we have and sign him long term.

WHAT SAY YE?

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

if we aint gonna improve our O-line then we should draft a QB with everypick!

Rambos is online now Registered User

If we where to take Cutler, as a back up plan I could see it. Marc has missed time the last two years; he is coming up for a new deal. That being said keep Marc on his feet and he is in the top 5 QB in the NFL. If he could just stay healthy he would put up hugh numbers. If we are going to shy away from LB Sims due to his concussions why not start thinking about our QB’s heath issues. I would not trade Marc, I would let his health determine his future. Maybe a better running game and protections will be the answer.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The solution is simple. Take Omar Jacobs in Round 3 or 4. He's going to be a better pro QB than Cutler anyway.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

It takes time to develop a QB. Bulger has served his apprenticeship. Now is the time for the Rams to harvest the benefits of his experience, not some other team.

On the other hand, should Cutler fall to #11 with no other team wanting to trade, and the Rams aren't just blowing smoke about Cutler, (I think they are) if he is clearly the BPA on their board, then perhaps they should take him. Sure there are other needs that are more pressing, but there is good value in rounds two, three, and four. We could still end up with help at TE, DT, and LB and or safety in the subsequent rounds. Tomorrow all this conjecture will be forgotten anyway...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, since Lawrence Phillips, I'm just giddy about anyone without a rap sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    Theodus, What in the world are you saying? Bulger just turned 29 and is in his prime right now. Even his injuries have been relatively mild (no surgeries or long, protracted rehab). Even his negotiations for his current contract were some of the easiest I've seen for a Rams starting qb in years. I have all the confidence that when his current deal runs out he will be very congenial and receptive to resigning with the Rams. Bottom line is he wants to be a Ram and we should realize what we have and sign him long term.

WHAT SAY YE?
    What say ye.... i like that . Anyhow Bulger is damaged goods know matter how you look at it! They need to work on the line this draft. Bulger could be around longer, But that fact that any hard hit could end a QB's career, Bulger may not need a real good hit to do that! Not only that , he is due to renew his contract and I'm not so sure that will go so well! I don't think Cutler is the answer at all. I think AV may be on to something with that later pick(can't remember the guys name) But the later picks have become the best. Oh and imo, Bulger will never win a S.B. I just don't see it!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Oh and imo, Bulger will never win a S.B. I just don't see it!
    So why even watch the games?????? Or are you just saying that so later on if Bulger doesn't win a SB you can say I told you so.

Amazing come back on that RB. I guess since I was a little boy and knew the Rams didn't have much of a chance most years I should have not watched them at all and became a fan of someone else? It's called being a fan and every year I say we're going to the Bowl and I love the heartache also. So get off the I (so I can say I told you so ) crap and undrestand that is just one's opinion....Mine! I'm not a Bulger Guy sorry I don't think he has the Game to do it! But if he does..... he proved me wrong! And better yet the Rams win Bottomline!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Not only that , he is due to renew his contract and I'm not so sure that will go so well!
    Any insight as to why? It didn't take the Rams and Bulger's representatives very long at all to agree to an extension after he made it through the restricted free agent period two springs ago. I'd like to hear what would support the notion that contract talks wouldn't go well in the future.

just looking at injuries basically. and really would depend on how well he does the next 2 yrs.

IsaacBruceFan80 is offline Registered User

You guys realize we get NINE picks to help the team right?? lol Keep in mind that half the picks in the first round are BUSTS EVERY YEAR....it's not a lock that whoever we take is gonna pan out. If we take Cutler,fine....we still have 8 picks to address needs...If the philosophy is you take the best player available and the board says its Cutler then you take him....you know....maybe it's to then do a deal with his old buddies the Vikings who are said to covet Cutler very much. Maybe its to groom him into the future here...who knows....but whatever happens,I believe this is a great coaching staff and they have a plan for not only this season,but for the future as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast