Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: How upset will you be?

I'll be mildy happy if we pick Suh.

I'll be jumping for joy if we pick Bradford.

I'll be curious, but disappointed if we pick McCoy.

I'll be furious if we pick Clausen.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Suh or Bradford I would be happy. Mccoy I would be pissed because we could have had Suh or Bradford. Clausen I would be very curious but dissapointed because of the lack of trade down to get him.

Our O-line when healthy I believe was ranked somewhere in the middle of the NFL at 15th or soemthing I believe, might want to check that. That being said, Our o-line should be able to provide adequate protection for a QB if they remain healthy and abysmal if our backups have to step in for the majoirty of our line.

As far as the lack of playmakers, don't you guys think we'll add some of those in the draft? I believe Devaney said its a top priority....

Lets not assume that our roster will become static and not change if we pick a QB...

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

I would like to remind everybody that Bulger use to be a pro-bowler until he started getting the crap beat outta him.

Bradford could be a pro-bowler. But at this point in time, what difference is that gonna make?

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I would like to remind everybody that Bulger use to be a pro-bowler until he started getting the crap beat outta him.

Bradford could be a pro-bowler. But at this point in time, what difference is that gonna make?
    That's exactly right. Just plugging in a different QB isn't going to make a big difference in number of wins unless the supporting cast is there for him.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    That's exactly right. Just plugging in a different QB isn't going to make a big difference in number of wins unless the supporting cast is there for him.
    This this this.

As I said earlier (but in waaaaay more words), it's not the QB who'll make the difference, until we get that o-line sorted. If that's not gonna happen now, then take the BPA (Suh) and recognise that we're a work in progress - not one that's gonna go crazy on the wins just because we've plugged a new QB in there.

We'll keep building, but passing up on Suh would be a big mistake at THIS stage of our progress, imo, given the other tools we've got to work with.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    How upset will you be if we don't draft Suh?
    Not upset. A bit disappointed because I prefer Suh to Bradford, but not upset because I understand the reason for picking a QB and think Bradford can be good if he can stay healthy (big if) and get a good cast around him.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyjames View Post
    As said before, given that he'd most likely have been one of the very top picks last year, you have to say Bradford's quality is pretty obvious. I still feel Suh may be a better DT than Bradford is a QB, but my big concern is that getting Bradford beat up every week is no use to us anyway - so we might as well take Suh, that being the case.
    Great point. Suh (and McCoy) are very regularly regarded as elite prospects at their position. Numerous people have been quoted as saying that Suh is one of the best to come around in a while. Kiper has said he may be the best DT he's scouted in 30+ years. And many put McCoy right on Suh's level.

You never hear that kind of talk about Bradford. I'm not sure I've ever heard him referred to as an elite QB prospect, let alone one of the best to come around in a while. There was an NFL.com article where I think Gil Brandt said he reminds him of Peyton as a prospect, but that's the first and only time I've ever heard such praise.

Ultimately, I have a hard time believing that Bradford's grade ends up being that close to Suh or McCoy, unless the team includes a big emphasis on positional importance. That emphasis could bridge a difference in grade between Sam and the DTs.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

thickandthin is offline Registered User

just take Suh and go for the Best QB in the 2nd. at least that's what I would do.

richtree is offline Registered User

Id prefer Suh or Okung over Bradford....

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Suh, I'd be thrilled with

Bradford, I'd be worried with, but would hope for the best (too much risk for a #1, among reasons stated above)

McCoy, I could live with, but prefer Suh.

Anyone else, and we better have traded down

ludairv is offline Registered User

i have this gut feeling Mccoy is gunna have a better career....he has the moves and pressure skills....dont get me wrong Suh is a beast but he gets by with strength....not sure how thatll translate....yes hes a better athlete in a controlled environment(combine) ...but i just think Mccoy has that better burst and football speed...iunno itll be interesting to see 3 years from now....

RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User

If we pick Suh, I'm going to be extremely happy, but like someone else said before, Aaron Curry is proof that you can't automatically give someone DPOY because of what they did in college. Curry didn't impress me at all this year. But I like placing Suh with our defensive line better than I like placing Bradford behing our offensive line.

I'm going to trust Devaney and Spags with whatever decision they make. They know our team better than we do and know what's best for us.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

"This is the best first round going into the draft that I've seen since 1983.''
    -- NFL Network and CBS analyst Charley Casserly, the former Redskins and Texans GM, live from the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, on the quality of the top of this draft.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Obviously no one knows for sure but my opinion is that two or three years down the road we'd be at least as successful with Suh and the best QB available in the 2nd or 3rd round as opposed to Bradford and the BPA in the 2nd. And for this season I don't think there's any question that we'd be more successful.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    this years prolly the last year that rookies are gunna get ridiculous contracgs and to sign a DT which will make him the highest paid DT in the league is pretty much insane....when the position doesnt touch the ball that many times....the financial and risk factors are too important to ignore ....especially for a DT...

Have you seen where the big money has gone the last couple.

Haynesworth
    J. Peppers

These guys make big money so I guess I do not follow???

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    i have this gut feeling Mccoy is gunna have a better career....he has the moves and pressure skills....dont get me wrong Suh is a beast but he gets by with strength....not sure how thatll translate....yes hes a better athlete in a controlled environment(combine) ...but i just think Mccoy has that better burst and football speed...iunno itll be interesting to see 3 years from now....
    I beleive suh will be the better athlete when he showed those hidden moves he was unstoppable, mccoy seemed to fade in double teams. Suh was double teamed every play and still got triple the stats of mccoy. If mccoy has better burst, please see verticall, suh never stops, i have yet to see mccoy make plays 10-20 yards down field like suh has, or knock down passes or block kicks.... suh is the better all around athlete.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast