Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel Guest

How we get barron, you never know....

Here is what i am hoping for.

Detroit passes on barron at #10. At #13, houston either does one of the following

a) takes one of the running backs that fell or
    b) trades us the #13 for the #19 and the second pick in the third round, which they could use given that they just traded theirs away to get buchanon. At #19, they get either brown or barnes and pick up the pick.

If houston cant pass on the running back that could fall to #13, we try to make the same deal with jacksonville at #14.

ramming speed to all, you never know what will happen.

Personally, i trust implicitly in the front office, call me crazy if you want, but i think we have a great group running the team. Are they psychic? No, but no one is. This same front office got us one cheating horribly refereed game away from a virtual dynasty, so i retain confidence.

ramming speed to all,

general counsel

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: How we get barron, you never know....

I haven't seen the guy play, but from what I've read Barron is not all that physical and has lapses (doesn't consistently play hard).

My understanding is that his high rating is based upon "potential". I dunno, I like those guys up front to be nasty and mean.

I agree, I trust in (Charlie) Armey and the Air Force (Martz & company).

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Jammal Brown has that nomenclature (mean and nasty).
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Guys i'm sorry to say this but it is not worth trading up in the draft for someone's potential, and if that were the case then we should take Matt Jones because there is no one in this draft with more potential, and the only thing holding him back is him having to learn a new position, where as Barron has a question of heart.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

There's no way Houston passes on Alex Barron. No way.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Zig, I agree. Is is pretty much a cinch that Barron goes to the Texans.

Now, how much does that increase our odds of finding Jammal Brown at 19? :tough:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    There's no way Houston passes on Alex Barron. No way.
    I agree with you ZZR, but even if they did (which they wouldn't), Carolina would jump on him at 14. However, to tell you truth since we need an RT, I'd take Brown over Barron. Maybe I'm crazy, but on the right side I think Brown is better than Barron.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

Its not a question of whether they pass on him to take another player, but whether they think another pick if worth the difference between barron and another one of the tackles. I am not so sure that they wouldnt pass on him if one of the three runners fell. Can you see them passing on ronnie brown or cedrik benson?

I hear the argument that brown in a pure right tackle, and its a very worthwhile point, especially considering what it would take to trade up to get barron, if its doable at all.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by GC
    Can you see them passing on ronnie brown or cedrik benson?
    You could hear the Houston moans and groans from here if they did. But they would probably have to...they have a 1000+ yards guy in D. Davis. I don't know what they would do with another RB, even one of the big 3.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I agree with you ZZR, but even if they did (which they wouldn't), Carolina would jump on him at 14. However, to tell you truth since we need an RT, I'd take Brown over Barron. Maybe I'm crazy, but on the right side I think Brown is better than Barron.
    It's true, we do need a RT, but I'd rather have Barron in case Pace goes down. I don't know how Brown would do on the left, but I think Barron could handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    It's true, we do need a RT, but I'd rather have Barron in case Pace goes down. I don't know how Brown would do on the left, but I think Barron could handle it.
    No argument from that aspect. I believe most would agree that Barron has much more potential on the left side than Brown.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    You could hear the Houston moans and groans from here if they did. But they would probably have to...they have a 1000+ yards guy in D. Davis. I don't know what they would do with another RB, even one of the big 3.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans take a RB if one of the big three fell, because while Davis has been productive, he's a bit undersized in terms of height and hasn't been able to stay healthy. The Texans would like to get an insurance policy in case Davis hits the sidelines, and if they can get one of the top runners in the draft, they just might.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

From all of the reading i've donethis week it looks like the Rams will be looking for a S in round 1. Look for them to go for a CB as well in round 2. I really don't see them taking a OT early, because they will most likely be sitting on the pine this year while learning the O. Why would you waste a #1 pick on a guy who will not make an impact this year. Of course stranger this have happened.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

viper is offline Registered User

I think there is a good chance the 3 - B's could start in 2005 or at least get into the rotation. As much as I want one of top 3 tackles in round one, I would not be disappointed if we took the top FS available. My preference would be to draft for need in the 1st round. But, we all know there is the chance that we'll go for the "best player available" at #19. If so, who knows, it may just be somebody we will get excited about (i.e. Jackson in 2004).

Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    I think there is a good chance the 3 - B's could start in 2005 or at least get into the rotation.
    Armey agrees with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast