Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

How would you feel if the Rams drafted Sanchez

I think Sanchez is a legit candiate for the Rams pick along with the 2 tackles and Curry. It may seem like a smoke screen with many teams eying him, but I also think our interest is legit. We definately have more pressing needs, but I definately couldn't fault a new Coach and GM for wanting to bring in their own Franchise QB.

What do you guys think

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: How would you feal if the Rams drafted Sanchez

I'd be indifferent though perhaps a bit disappointed, if only because it's a rebuilding move that you hope pays off in 2-3 years but doesn't help us much any time soon. I mean, if we draft Sanchez, he's in all likelihood the #3 QB on this team and largely inactive on game day. Furthermore that's a lot of cap room to tie up in two highly paid QBs. Still, he's a great fit in a West Coast style offense and certainly has room to grow and develop, which he'd have time to do behind Bulger.

Honestly I think the Sanchez talk is smoke to try and convince teams that, if they want to trade up for him, they have to talk to the Rams rather than the Chiefs.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'd look at the T.V, get really mad and cuss up a storm. And them calm down and think WTF!?

Mark Sanchez has risen way to much for me to be comfortable the last few weeks, before, we were talking end of the 1st, and now we're talking top of the first maybe even the 2nd pick? He hasn't had a bunch of career starting time, I would have liked him to stay another year.

He's the last choice I'd want the Rams to pick.
    RamsFan16

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

In the thread called "Three year plan" I said Sanchez may make more sense to build a better team long term. I know we want to be competitive this year but you have to see the big picture. What pick now makes more sense two to three years down the road.

SoCoPhil is offline Registered User

Sanchez wouldn't disappoint me. If they draft him it means he's the best player on their board. Honestly I don't think the Rams compete this year no matter what happens in the draft. It's a rebuilding year and a good chance to groom a quarterback.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If the Rams drafted Sanchez, I'd feel the same way I did when Martz let the clock tick down in the playoff game against Carolina - seething mad. I watched all the SC games Sanchez started and think he's nothing more than a guy that can stand back in the pocket with all day to throw, and play pitch and catch with dominating offensive weapons. He's not battle tested, did not look great under pressure and doesn't have much experience. This is not a guy I want to mortgage the farm on. Besides, like I've mentioned before, if we don't improve the depth and talent on the OL, the QB position isn't going to matter anyway.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think it would really hurt the fans because drafting sanchez at 2 would concede this season.

I think our team can make a decent turnaround this season. An improvement will show Spags' system will work and attract top free agents next season.

Sanchez will probably be a back up for this year and we will be sitting on a top 6 pick next year again.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd start looking at Indy's schedule. We have one franchise QB already, and another good backup. The problem is that we can't keep them on their feet, and have a sub par defense. Give me a defensive pick, give me an OT, or hell, even give me Crabtree, but to draft Sanchez would make me vomit. And then vomit again, because he's a trojan.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: How would you feel if the Rams drafted Sanchez

I'd lose a lot of faith in DeSpags. I'd keep a glimmer of hope, but can't say I'd be excited at all. This team has to have immediate impact from their top pick (or top 2 picks or top 3 picks....). To spend our 1st round pick on 3rd string QB (this year) will be disappointing. And, as Nick, said, he will be inactive for a large portion of the year most likely. Not exactly what you want with such a high pick.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

1. Surprised - because I really don't think it will happen.

2. Disappointed - because I want the Rams to take someone who can help improve the team this year.

3. Hopeful - I'd hold out hope that, one day, I'd look back on the selection and think of it as a bold stroke of genius (which would mean that Sanchez became the franchise QB that a No. 2 selection is supposed to become).

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Annoyed. Sanchez seems like the kind of prospect whose draft position is being elevated because he had one good season surrounded by talent and there just aren't a lot of other options. He doesn't strike me as the kind of player we wouldn't have a shot at most years, and when you're picking this high up, I think that you need to make sure you get a marquee talent.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

I would be Happy because i believe he can help our franchise later in later Years. I would be shocked because there is so much talk about other players.

Irishrover40 is offline Registered User

How would I be??? Outragiously ANGRY!!!!!!!Think in a reality mode, people Sanchez may be good right now & some day he may actually be great(or maybe not--i.e. Ryan Leaf) BUT the Rams, right now, today, have sooo much more pressing needs on this team than a QB to be 3rd string We need OL & Dl help desperately if we're going to turn the corner and start winning once again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

How would I feel? Wildly pissed off!! I feel we've way to many other needs that need to be addressed ... Then I'd try to get a grip and remind myself that Billy is still better than Shawgmunt, and hope ..

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think it would be a reach for the Rams. Also, seeing how deep the QB draft will be next year and Bulger making more money than Trinidad & Tobago's tourism economy I'd say it's not likely to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast