Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: How would you feel if the Rams drafted Sanchez

Diner Morning News
    By Michael Lombardi
    Posted April 22, 2009

22 April 2009

QUESTIONS THAT BOTHER ME SO BEFORE THE DRAFT…

Where will Matthew Stafford go if the Lions don’t pick him?

This is the one question that Stafford’s agents, Tom Condon and Ben Dogra, must have answered in their own minds: If the Lions pass, where does Stafford fall to and how much of a financial hit will they take for not taking the Lions’ offer? The Rams have made it clear the one thing they are not doing is taking a quarterback. There’s a chance Seattle might take him, but it’s only a chance. I would suspect the Seahawks have Mark Sanchez rated higher on their board. The Browns? Who knows what they’re doing besides trading their whole team, but on the surface, Stafford would fit the big-arm theory that I’m hearing Eric Mangini wants in his new quarterback. Jacksonville? Again, not sure where he fits in their minds, but I did learn Tuesday that the Jaguars are going to pick the highest-rated player on their board regardless of position and most likely will not take a wideout in the first round.

All those words and I still haven’t answered the question, right? I sense there is no answer, and that should cause Team Stafford some concern and maybe push them into doing a deal with the Lions. Right now, it’s all about leverage, and I’m not sure Stafford has a guaranteed landing spot if the Lions pass. The value of being the No. 1 overall pick is very appealing, and Stafford must think of all his options as he weighs them in the next few days.

Will the Skins move up to get Mark Sanchez?

My sense is that the ‘Skins are an emotional management team and they make emotional decisions. They’re not very good at keeping their plans to themselves, and it’s clear they’re in love with Sanchez. I’m sure head coach Jim Zorn sees that Sanchez would be the perfect player to run his west coast offense and would be able to come in and help the ‘Skins win right away, as Matt Ryan did for the Falcons last year. Sanchez is mentally and physically ready, and with a sound run game, he can grow as the season goes along. Having spent Monday with him here in Los Angeles, he struck me as a very confident player, one who has leadership skills. He’s prepared to play right now despite playing only 16 games in his college career. His practice time at USC enabled him to learn about the speed of the game and the speed required for a quarterback to make decisions.

(Side note: I like Sanchez as the best quarterback in the draft, and if I were working for the Lions, he would be my pick.)

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

id rather take the future franchise QB with only one year starting for USC over an OT that has the legs of a lady.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be to mad.
    The Rams would have to trade Bulger first. Hopefully get a couple of draft picks for him.
    That would leave Kyle Boller to start for a year (only one year contract). Leave Sanchez on the bench for the year to learn. Why let Sanchez take a beating why the O-line learns to jell. I don't see Rams winning for a couple of years anyway. Aren't the Rams rebuilding anyway.

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

I would say "Way to grow a pair". It would be like going all in at the WPT final table with a 2, 8, off suit. Force someone to trade for him. Because we need more help then the 7 picks we have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12