Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    sparker Guest

    How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    I was reading through a draft guide and came across a write up on a DT which I thought was intriguing.

    "6'4" - 322#'s
    Has rare size and good football intelligence. Is quick off the ball, reads and reacts quickly and neutralizes blockers. Has good foot quickness and agility to move down the line of scrimmage for an in-line tackle. Also has a short burst to the ball and quarterback. Is big and strong and can two-gap and dominate.Has a quick get-off and is hard to block. Fights through traffic and is seldom on the ground. Has a good spin move and excellent motor. Has not missed a game, is productive and athletic. has good feet for a 300+-pounder and has a feel for the ball. Can hold his own against the double-team when he keeps his pads low. Loves the weight room.

    Sounds like just what we need.......


  2. #2
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,640
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    ...and who might this guy be?


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  3. #3
    MASSIVE Guest

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    ????NAME????:x

  4. #4
    viper's Avatar
    viper is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    It sounds like Big Red Man to me. But, they didn't mention the kilt...hmmm.

  5. #5
    sparker Guest

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    I did forget to put the name.......SORRY

    That was out of the Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide 2003 for Jimmy Kennedy.

  6. #6
    MASSIVE Guest

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    I did forget to put the name.......SORRY

    That was out of the Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide 2003 for Jimmy Kennedy.
    I should have know better! Your point I guess is that there is a risk in any player you draft and they can become a probowler or a heartless fat loser(J.Kennedy).:\ :\ :\

  7. #7
    viper's Avatar
    viper is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    Based on that scouting report it did sound like just what we were looking for. A classic example of where ones performance in college does not equate in the NFL.

  8. #8
    sparker Guest

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    Actually Viper.....I posted that because of some other threads where I voiced some concerns on Alan Branch. His write up is remarkably similar to that of Kennedy's. Then in the days/weeks leading up to the draft questions began to circulate regarding his "motor and conditioning", just as has begun to happen with Branch. Then after being projected at a Top 5-10 pick (Kennedy was a Top 5 projection), Branch seems to be falling in the draft.

    I'm not saying Branch will be another Kennedy. But if the Rams have concerns and he's sitting there when we pick.....I don't think it's an automatic we take him or the Rams will have blundered.

    In 2-3 years we will know that. But drafting is not a perfect science, you do your best to view films, talk to the coach, push-poke-prod and time them, run them through drills and interview them. Then you give them a grade and rank them on your draft board. No way I want the Rams to take Branch if he's NOT the best player available when we pick.

    To many folks are sold that he fits the position need & size requirements & was at least at one time considered the top at his position so we MUST take him or even trade up to get him....

    That's HOGWASH.......

  9. #9
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    That's why I think Jenkins from Carolina is less of a risk than any of the rookies if we want to win now. Yes, he's had issues with injuries but he's a proven DT that has had success in this league.

  10. #10
    timsum1283's Avatar
    timsum1283 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    23
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    well played sparker.

    Clap. Clap.

  11. #11
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    Actually Viper.....I posted that because of some other threads where I voiced some concerns on Alan Branch. His write up is remarkably similar to that of Kennedy's. Then in the days/weeks leading up to the draft questions began to circulate regarding his "motor and conditioning", just as has begun to happen with Branch. Then after being projected at a Top 5-10 pick (Kennedy was a Top 5 projection), Branch seems to be falling in the draft.

    I'm not saying Branch will be another Kennedy. But if the Rams have concerns and he's sitting there when we pick.....I don't think it's an automatic we take him or the Rams will have blundered.

    In 2-3 years we will know that. But drafting is not a perfect science, you do your best to view films, talk to the coach, push-poke-prod and time them, run them through drills and interview them. Then you give them a grade and rank them on your draft board. No way I want the Rams to take Branch if he's NOT the best player available when we pick.

    To many folks are sold that he fits the position need & size requirements & was at least at one time considered the top at his position so we MUST take him or even trade up to get him....

    That's HOGWASH.......

    Good analysis sparker. That's what happens when teams draft for need only without looking at value.

  12. #12
    keith m. klink Guest

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    Ssssssss.....ooouucchhhh, Damn, That Hurt.

  13. #13
    Country Guest

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    Nice Post

    Very Very Sneaky

  14. #14
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,703
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    terrific post, very witty. Actually kennedy was not a need pick, he was the best player available. we already had lewis and pickett, the need was at corner and trufant got taken by seattle right in front of us.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  15. #15
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: How's this for a stud NT/DT????

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    terrific post, very witty. Actually kennedy was not a need pick, he was the best player available. we already had lewis and pickett, the need was at corner and trufant got taken by seattle right in front of us.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    Yet another example of why the city that plays home to the origins of grunge music should be blown up.



    Kidding. Trufant is terrific.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •