HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

HUb's 1st & Ram's 1st four. v3.1

1. Miami - Jake Long - After looking at their roster, they have 6 legitimate 3-4OLBs (Torbor, Porter, Taylor, Roth, Moses, Ninkovich). And they have exactly 1 legitimate OT (Carey). The only other OTs on the roster are Trey Darilek and Julius Wilson......ZERO career starts between them.

2. Chris Long, DE - I get the feeling the Long/Gholston debate may linger with us as these two prospects work their way through the NFL. And I think about it like this: my financial advisor comes to me and says, "HUb, if you got $25M to invest, I've got two options for you......1) there's a U.S. Treasury Note being issued that will guarantee 7% returns per year; or 2) there's a new bio-tech penny stock that is pretty volatile, but there's some good vibes surrounding it.......all the analysts figure it will probably post 7% returns per year.

Now which would you take?

2nd round - Carl Nicks, OT- He's got some legal problems which worry me, but if the Front Office feels comfortable with his character, this guy has first round talent, but will require some development. As well, he could play either T or G position

3rd round - Jordy Nelson, WR - I really like this kid. Hard worker, tough as nails, smart as a whip, and great hands. His 40 was only a 4.5, but IMO he plays faster. Can work outside and inside, will be very versatile in the Saunders offense.

4th round - Orlando Scandrick, CB - Extremely fast, plays well in Man coverage and instant special teamer, possibly return man.
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-16-2008 at 01:15 PM.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Re: HUb's 1st & Ram's 1st four. v3.0

I think anyone's first round pick can be rationalized. Sweed probably won't last till the second, and I don't think Flowers lasts until the third on a count of corner being a need position for every team in the league and he's top 5 of that position.

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    I think anyone's first round pick can be rationalized. Sweed probably won't last till the second, and I don't think Flowers lasts until the third on a count of corner being a need position for every team in the league and he's top 5 of that position.
    In my heart of hearts, I'd probably have to agree with you on Flowers, Archer. Even as I was typing it, a little voice said he wouldn't be there, but I guess I'm just hoping his 40 time will scare enough teams for him to be there @ 65.

As for Sweed, I don't know.....he might be there. There's 3 or 4 WRs expected to go in round one. Between Thomas, Jackson, Sweed, Hardy, & Manningham, one or two of them falls to our 2nd pick. Maybe Sweed, maybe not.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Just my guess, but I'd predict that Thomas, Jackson, and Sweed would be the first three off the board in some order. I'm thinking our receiver options in the second may be Hardy, Manningham, Kelly, Doucet, or if we move down in the round maybe Avery or Caldwell.

It's a very Virginian draft there. One guy from UVA and two more from Tech.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I would love to have Sweed. But Flowers may be gone. Still other options probably. We may land a steal in the third round. I like this mock. Great job.

Chris Long = Future Ram.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I have both Sweed and Flowers in the late firrst round in my latest mock. I think though Flowers may not time well, a Cover 2 team will fall in love with his physicality. As indicated above, he is top 5 at his position for that reason, and IMO won't last past the mid second.

Any of you guys ever have a wild night out drinking and you manage to convince some hot young 10 to take you home and spend the rest of the evening getting to biblically know each other; only to wake up the next morning next to Jabba the Hut's ugly aunt?

Me neither, but if I ever had that's the feeling I would get about this mock. Looking it over this morning I'm not happy at all. I did the one thing that I know better than to do, and that's overthinking it. Flowers doesn't fall that far, and probably not Sweed either. I knew that, but I did it anyway. Stupid HUbison, stupid HUbison (smacks self in head with 2x4).

As well, I'm pushing CB to the 4th round with the news that Brown isn't getting suspended.

I'm sticking with the top 2 picks, but I'm changing the rest.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod