HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

HUb's mock draft...first edition

1. Houston – Reggie Bush, RB, USC – Truth be known, they’d rather have Brick and a few extra draft picks……but so would the Jets. With no trade partner, they make the only feasible move and welcome a new Bush to Texas.

2. New Orleans – Matt Leinert, QB, USC – Pick the potential franchise QB from this list: Aaron Brooks, Todd Bouman, Adrian McPherson, Matt Leinert.

3. Tennessee – Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt – Better tools than Leinert, but less hardware. No way does Fisher let this kid get out of Nashville. Cutler moves from the East side of downtown Nashville to the West side of downtown Nashville.

4. NY Jets – D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia – They need lots of things, but they go with the best available for now. They now have a franchise LT to build around.

5. Green Bay – A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio St. – Another team with a lot of needs, but they can’t pass up the best defensive player in the draft

6. San Francisco – Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland – They have their young gun at QB, but nobody to catch what Smith is throwing. Davis gives Norv Turner a new toy.

7. Oakland – Mario Williams, DE, NC St. – As with the Packers, the Raiders could use help at every level of their defense, and Williams is the behemoth they need.

8. Cleveland (trade w/ Buffalo) – Haloti Ngata, NT, Oregon – Cleveland desperately needs an anchor for their 3-4 defense. Ngata is exactly what they need and they’re willing to trade future picks to Buffalo (who could have taken Ngata themselves) to get him.

9. Detroit – Vince Young, QB, Texas – Martz said earlier than Young will be a superstar in the NFL. New coaches bring about change, and the Harrington experiment is over.

10. Arizona – LenDale White, RB, USC – The Cards ground game is literally the worst in the league. Part of it is poor blocking, but one pick won’t fix an entire line. However, one pick can fix the backfield. White could be the next Bettis, and that would take a lot of pressure off Warner and the young receivers.

11. St. Louis – Michael Huff, S/CB, Texas – At this point Huff is BPA, and he fills a need for the Rams.

12. Buffalo (trade w/ Cleveland) – Winston Justice, OT, USC – They could have stayed put and gone with Ngata, but with Justice they fill a need and get an extra pick or two later in the draft.

13. Baltimore – Tamba Hali, DE, Penn St. – The Ravens could use an upgrade at several positions, but a traditional DE to play opposite Suggs appears to be the smart move at this point.

14. Philadelphia – Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio St. – Nobody misses T.O.’s personality, but they do miss his production. The Eagles have to draft for need and get the top receiver.

15. Atlanta – Jimmy Williams, CB/S, Va Tech. – The Falcons could use an upgrade in 75% of their secondary. Whether he winds up at FS or at corner opposite Hall, Williams will be one of those upgrades.

16. Miami – Tye Hill, CB, Clemson – They need a QB, but with the big three gone, any QB would be a reach at this point. Their next need is corner and Hill fills it.

17. Minnesota – DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis – No more running by committee up north. The Vikings have their feature back.

18. Dallas – Ko Simpson, S, South Carolina – That secondary needs a centerfielder next to Williams.

19. San Diego – Jon Scott, OT, Texas – That O-line is rather thin, and could use an upgrade at the tackle position.

20. Kansas City – Chad Jackson, WR, Florida – Their #1 receiver is Eddie Kennison….yeah, they need a deep threat.

21. New England – Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa – Belicheck could use an upgrade in his LB corp and secondary, but for now he’ll upgrade with an OLB that may have to reposition to the inside as Bruschi and Vrabel continue to age.

22. Denver – Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, NCSt. – They need a DE to play opposite their 290 lb. Courtney Brown. Who knows more about playing opposite a 290 lb’er than Manny Lawson?

23. Tampa Bay – Mathias Kiwinauka, DE, BC – There is no depth at end for Tampa and Simeon Rice isn’t going to be here forever.

24. Cincinnati – Broderick Bunkley, DT, Fl. St. – A little interior pass rush would help Smith and Pollack on the outside.

25. NY Giants – Demeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama – They have no depth at OLB and Ryans is the kind of mentally tough character that Coughlin seems to enjoy.

26. Chicago – Antonio Cromartie, CB, Fl. St. – Tight Ends can be picked up cheaply in free agency….impact corners can’t. Lovie rolls the dice hoping Cromartie’s injury doesn’t follow him. But at corner Lovie is a little desperate, so Cromartie is a gamble he’s willing to make.

27. Carolina – Lawrence Maroney, RB, Minnesota – It seems that Carolina is always looking for a runner, and with Davis cut, it’s true now as well.

28. Jacksonville – Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio St. – How can you go wrong with an Ohio St. corner? It’s like a Penn St. LB, they’re going to prove you right. The Jags have been getting by on depth players starting at corner, but now they have a true stopper.

29. Denver – Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia – They helped the D with the first pick, and replace Putzier with this one.

30. Indianapolis – Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP – The Colts could use an OG or even a RB if Edge splits town. However, either would be a reach and after FA, the LB corp may get a little thin on the outside as well. Howard seems to be cut in the mold of an undersized burner as is most of the Colt defense.

31. Seattle – Ernie Sims, OLB, Fl. St. – They could use another target for Hasselbeck, but rebuilding their LB unit around Tatupu is a bigger need.

32. Pittsburgh – Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio St. – You just know that Cowher is loving this draft with all of its QB/WR’s. I can guarantee he’s going to be looking for Randel El’s replacement somewhere in the draft…..but not in the first. Here he begins to look to the future as his outside backers are all pushing 30.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: HUb's mock draft...first edition

Nice job HU...you guys are light years beyond me in all this draft talk. It is so much information. I don't know how you manage to organize it all. I just like to pick players out that look good to me. I don't want to figure out which player each team is picking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chiguy is offline Registered User

I think this is a pretty decent mock draft. One thing -- I don't see Belichick taking Greenway. In particular, I could see him going for Manny Lawson over Greenway.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Nice draft Hub, Huff at 11 works for me.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

If Vince Young Falls To 11th - You Take Him! - No Ands Or Ifs About It!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Young dropping to 9th? I 'unno.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828
    Why? We already have two young QBs with potential on the roster and Young is far from a "sure thing."

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

At this point we may be looking for another WR since Bruce is no longer a priority to the FO.

All though I do think Vince is a good QB, I don't think we have any business picking a QB in the first round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828
    I didn't know he could tackle.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

At this point we may be looking for another WR since Bruce is no longer a priority to the FO.

All though I do think Vince is a good QB, I don't think we have any business picking a QB in the first round.
    I can see alot of two TE sets in our near furture.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Looks pretty good. I do think that Chad Jackson will go before Santonio Holmes, though.