Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Hunt for the 2011 No. 1 overall pick: An early breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agreed, he's very well rounded. Might need to bulk/strengthen up a little bit; I've read more than one opinion talking about him being built more like a safety than a linebacker at 6'2" and 232 pounds. But if that's the biggest complaint...
    You know.....once upon a time, this team was filled with WILL backers; but no true SAM or MIKE. Now we have the MIKE (JL) & maybe the SAM (Grant), but in need of a WILL.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agreed, he's very well rounded. Might need to bulk/strengthen up a little bit; I've read more than one opinion talking about him being built more like a safety than a linebacker at 6'2" and 232 pounds. But if that's the biggest complaint...
    That just means he's rangy and fast, and can cover sideline to sideline, just what we need in a WILL.

I'm sure he will probably get to 240 by the end of the season, and I won't be surprised if he bulks up a bit more with a NFL strength program.

I love his talent though. Seems like a can't miss prospect.

Plus we get to add another Sooner onto the team. Hook em.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Blackmon is a heisman contender while Alshon Jeffery seems to have great game after great game with a below average QB. I wouldnt count those two out on becoming first rounders.
    Wait...Blackmon a "Heisman contender", I must have missed this bit of information. I haven't seen this in any publication, where might I find this big of intel my friend

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Wait...Blackmon a "Heisman contender", I must have missed this bit of information. I haven't seen this in any publication, where might I find this big of intel my friend
    Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports, ESPN, heismanpundit.com.........there's no shortage of news outlets putting Blackmon in the Heisman watch.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You know.....once upon a time, this team was filled with WILL backers; but no true SAM or MIKE. Now we have the MIKE (JL) & maybe the SAM (Grant), but in need of a WILL.
    How about Bruce Carter, UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    How about Bruce Carter, UNC?
    Carter, Herzlich, Von Miller, Ayers, Greg Jones.....all viable options within the first 3 rounds, IMO.
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-21-2010 at 10:42 AM.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports, ESPN, heismanpundit.com.........there's no shortage of news outlets putting Blackmon in the Heisman watch.
    No I meant anyone actually saying that he has a chance to win the trophy...currently the highest I can find him listed is 5th....and we all know usually only 3(maybe 4) guys are invited to NY. He won't make it. Hopefully for his sake he can continue his solid play and raise his draft stock.

No I meant anyone actually saying that he has a chance to win the trophy...currently the highest I can find him listed is 5th....and we all know usually only 3(maybe 4) guys are invited to NY. He won't make it. Hopefully for his sake he can continue his solid play and raise his draft stock.
    A few weeks ago Cam Newton wasn't in the discussion. Now he's a favorite. A few weeks ago Denard Robinson was all but gift wrapped the Heisman. Now he's fallen back.

If you want the "3 or 4" that will be in New York (though I think they typically invite more than 3), you will have to wait until the week before invitations. But for now, Blackmon IS very much a part of the conversation.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Here's someone interesting to look at in the middle of the 1st:

Ras-I Dowling CB, Virginia

Yea yea Brad Fletcher and Ron Bartell are doing fine right now. But what if we moved Fletcher to Saftey next to OJ and have Bartell and Dowling as our starting CBs with murphy as the backup.

Dowling is a Spags type 4 pillar player and is tall 6-1 and can tackle.

Also unless its AJ Green or we are drafting past pick 25 we cannot afford to take a WR that high in the 1st

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Here's someone interesting to look at in the middle of the 1st:

Ras-I Dowling CB, Virginia

Yea yea Brad Fletcher and Ron Bartell are doing fine right now. But what if we moved Fletcher to Saftey next to OJ and have Bartell and Dowling as our starting CBs with murphy as the backup.

Dowling is a Spags type 4 pillar player and is tall 6-1 and can tackle.

Also unless its AJ Green or we are drafting past pick 25 we cannot afford to take a WR that high in the 1st

Why couldn't we just draft a safety? Fletcher is improving really well at CB, and there's no need to move him.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Why couldn't we just draft a safety? Fletcher is improving really well at CB, and there's no need to move him.
    Cuz Ras-I Dowling is a lockdown corner that can handle a 1 v 1 against any WR with his height and speed which will allow us to blitz more.

And Fletcher can become a good saftey

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Who cares where he is listed half way through the season? All you want at this point is to be mentioned as being in the race because the rankings will change dramatically each and every week. As HUb said, the guys who were sure things have fallen off the list and guys rise. NOBODY is locked in at this point and if you are in the discussion, you have a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12