codeman123 is offline Registered User

Hypothetical trade with Buffalo

St Louis will get RB Fred Jackson, WR Roscoe Parrish, the 28th selection in this draft, and the 43rd selection.
    Buffalo will get OT Alex Barron, OG Richie Incognito, the 35th selection, and the rams 6th round selection in this draft

The rams would then draft Monroe to play left tackle, and either Beatty or Britton to play right tackle.
    The bills can focus on drafting help on their defensive line with the 11th selection and a tight end or center with there second round selection.

The Bills get major help on their offensive line who have holes at guard, center, and now with Peters gone tackle. Barron can play left tackle, and Cogs is better than any guard they have on their team. This also frees them up in the draft to better their pass rush. They get rid of a backup RB who they do not want to sign and who is holding out (they also just signed Rhodes to backup as well), and a WR who won't get any playing time and who they are openly shopping. They also have a lot of 4th round and 6th round picks they can package to get TE Scheffler.

The Rams get a really good returner, and a possible slot receiver. They also get a very good running back who can platoon with Steven and make the Jackson twins. We have good depth at guard, and this can allow Schuening, Greco, and Bell to fight it out to start. We give up our only tackle, but have an opportunity to draft 2 tackles in the first round. Monroe is the safest pick and can start on day one as the left tackle. At 28 we do not have to worry about waiting for the lions patriots and steelers taking an OT and will have a good shot at landing either Britton or Beatty. With the second round selection they can get a good receiver like Nicks or Britt, or can go with a DT like Ziggy Hood, or can go with a good CB like Sean Smith or Mickens or Moore. We could also go in a different direction and get a linebacker like Laurinitis at 28 and select an OT with the second round pick, or wait until the third to get Tupou, Cadogan to play RT, although I would prefer the first scenario.

Thoughts.
    Last edited by codeman123; -04-19-2009 at 12:03 PM.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Hypothetical trade with Buffalo

Bills would never make this trade, it's highway robbery on the Rams' part.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I don't like it for the Rams either. We lose our 2 best starting O linemen. Maybe we can draft Beatty or Britton but there is no guaranteeing they pan out. I don't think Beatty is a RT anyway.

I watch a lot of Bills games. Fred Jackson would be decent I suppose. Parrish would be good only for returns. He seems like he never can put it all together as a receiver.

Nice effort on the creative trade scenario, but I don't think this trade works out especially well for either team.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

With Lynch legal problems/suspension???? Jackson is too valuable to trade....

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Dominating D has a great point. First the Bills would have to see what happens with the whole Lynch situation. Then they can make a decision on Jackson.

Also Britton has small arms and i would not trust him even if at RT. Beatty is okay. But still i dont think 2 rookies at that havnt proved anything in the NFL wont be good.

CFH is right you never know what you will get for the late 1st OTs. I think we have to put our trust into Alex Barron this season.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I forgot about the Lynch suspension since his hearing seems like months ago. On the Barron front, at the #2 selection it seems we are drafting LT for the future and either that draft pick or Barron will be out of place. Barron is decent on the left side, and they are in trouble in the middle of their line. The problem with us is we to either but Barron on the right where he seems out of place, or the new draft pick who will then have to relearn all of the footwork next year. We also seem like we are going to lose Barron anyway, since if he doesn't play well we will not resign him, and if he does play well he will cost to much money and we will already have our future LT. Guard is the only position we actually have good depth in, and they are starving for some depth there which can free them up in the draft.

I didn't know how much each of the values are so it might be better to swap second round picks as well. This way the bills will get Maybin/Brown and Mack and will be able to sign their LT Barron to a small contract. We can also give some kind of future consideration pick based on whether or not he resigns.

For the Rams 2 rookie OTs is risky at first, but I believe both Beatty and Monroe possess excellent talent and would make for a great year in 2010, and maybe 2009 if we are lucky. Like I have stated before, it seems that we are going to lose Barron anyway, so if we can give him a chance to start in his natural position on a new team and give our new staff a chance to draft their own future stars then we can. It is also possible that one of the 2 OTs doesnt pan out, where we can adress the problem in next years free agency or draft. We would have 2 possible LTs and I am assuming the problem would be Beatty on the right, where out depth players can take over if he struggles and we can draft a new RT in 2010.

A-Web is offline Registered User

I think when it comes down to what you have explained, all other things aside, you have to look at what you are losing, and what you are gaining, and what your needs are to be gained.

Right now, I consider the following "needs" for the Rams versus "to spare," and "wants". This is based on the Roster chart, and not necessarily the depth chart or starters.

Needs- Offensive Tackle, Proven and or Capable WR, additional talent at LB, a second defensive tackle (unless they are confident in Bell), and a TE who can join the passing game (all of our TEs are blockers at this point, except for McMichael, who is aging and lost a whole season to injury.)

To Spare - Blocking TEs (4), Young developing WRs (8), Young backup-runningbacks (3).

-To follow this trade, you are wanting to diminish all the proven talent on the O-line to nearly nil, then draft rookies to fill those spots...from day one. You are looking to get a receiver whose production is equal to about 250 yards/1 touchdown per season, a running back who has never hit over 571 yards in a season as a backup.

I don't really like what we're getting here.

Aside from that, I think every one of our receivers is better than Parrish, and I think that I would rather stick with mug-shot-face , than try to acquire a backup that is happy being a backup in a trade when we already have plenty of backups.

I feel that if a guy plays as a backup, is happy being a backup, then he is not worthy of being a backup. If you do not have that drive to take over the #1 spot, then what motivates you to do your best? Nothing. We can draft a new running back in the later parts of the draft, and see if he can show us something new. Same for receiver. We already have enough youth in our WRs, we just need some guys to show us something new and good.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Only guy worth trading for with Buffalo was just dealt to the Birds... We were a day late and dollar short again....

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Huh? This trade makes no sense.....especially for us.