Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: I bet Rams front office not happy w/ Matt Ryan Contract - Chris Long price went u

ya that deal might have really screwed us.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Re: I bet Rams front office not happy w/ Matt Ryan Contract - Chris Long price went u

I hope the Rams can get Long signed before camp starts,and I think they will. The money being paid out is insane,since it is very easy for any of these guys to turn into a bust. I don't know much about Ryan but I hpoe he turns out to be a bust. I hate the Falcons.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    #1-Jake Long, OT/Miami - 5yrs, $57.5million & $30mil/guaranteed

#3-Matt Ryan, QB/Atlanta - 6yrs, $72million & $34.75mil/guaranteed

Wow! I realize the Falcons paid a lot to get Matt Ryan(hope he's worth it!). I bet Billy Devaney and the gang at Rams Park are not happy about it while I am sure that the Dolphins are loving the fact that they got Jake Long signed for less (and before) Matt Ryan.

Granted, QB's get more money as its obvious to all that QB is the "premier" position in the NFL. I think at the end of the day, the Rams will probably end up paying Chris Long more than what Jake Long got but somewhat less than what Matt Ryan received. I do predict that negotiations will probably get "testy" now as Chris Long's agent will try and argue that Jake Long's deal was under market.

I see this being a possible holdout situation or a "last minute" deal signed a week into training camp. My prediction on Chris Long's contract:

5 years, $60million & $32 million guaranteed......

Anyway, that is my guess.....
    I dont know I have a different view of this. You can look at it your way but the front office may look at it this way.

1. We didnt need a franchise qb we have one in Bulger. Ryan is the Falcons franchise qb.

2. Long is a defensive end and what we needed, he's not our franchise player he's hopefully our starting de next to Little.

3. Qb's and rb's for that matter always get paid more it's the nature of the business. I think the Rams can find a happy medium with Long.

4. I just dont think Long wants to be sitting on the sidelines missing all of the action for a little extra cash. His dad will be in his ear about how important camp is. It's not like he is from a poor family and pining for cash.

5. All of this could be completely wrong and he may hold out for a bigger pay day than Ryan but I doubt it.
    Just Fix It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12