txramsfan is offline Registered User

I can hear the Draftnicks already

here's what I envision when we pick first next year:

1. "We can't draft a QB that high, he won't play immediately and we don't have the WR's to help him."

2. "We can't draft another OT that high, Smith will be moving to LT already"

3. "We can't draft a S that high, too expensive for the position"

4. "We can't draft a WR that high, the guy isn't Jerry Rice"

5. "We can't draft a RB that high, SJAX is still valuable"

6. "We can't draft a DT that high, it takes a DT at least 3 years to develop"

7. "We can't draft a CB that high, too expensive"

8. "We can't draft a LB that high, not on the field long enough"

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: I can hear the Draftnicks already

I want the kid from Nebraska (assuming bradford is not in top shape physically). Kong Suh.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I want the kid from Nebraska (assuming bradford is not in top shape physically). Kong Suh.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I would have to say my preference would be Locker or Claussen, but Ndamkung Suh is a BEAST!! If he keeps pulling ahead as the clear cut BPA we may need to find another way to get a QB or keep rolling with Bulger.

Locker is overrated and Clausen makes weird decisions at the most important times. I'd say, take the most talented playmaker available. Period. This team needs playmakers on offense. I'd take the best WR in the draft right now. I don't care what the experts say, this team needs playmakers and can't wait till the second round when all the best one's will be gone in Round 1 and we are stuck with another offensive tackle or defensive end that isn't going to score touchdowns.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

BPA.......couldn't care less about position at this point. But that's just me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I could go that way too HUb, best player available. I hope it would be a skill position player though. We can draft lineman all we want, if we don't have anyone catching the ball or throwing the ball what good does it do us? DT....everyone says it takes three years to develop. DE? Not another Long. I want someone who can rush the passer. So far, and I repeat just so far, Long can't get there. I don't know, maybe it's all this losing that is frustrating me but if the Rams don't draft a skill position player in Round 1 I will be very very upset.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I could go that way too HUb, best player available. I hope it would be a skill position player though. We can draft lineman all we want, if we don't have anyone catching the ball or throwing the ball what good does it do us? DT....everyone says it takes three years to develop. DE? Not another Long. I want someone who can rush the passer. So far, and I repeat just so far, Long can't get there. I don't know, maybe it's all this losing that is frustrating me but if the Rams don't draft a skill position player in Round 1 I will be very very upset.
    It's quite the conundrum. I wish the next Bruce Smith was apparent at this point, but I'm not sure he's visible yet, if at all in this draft. Hopefully, he makes his identitiy known between now and April.

If I had to pick a BPA today, it would be a DT. Maybe Suh; maybe McCoy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

McCoy I could handle. Haven't seen Suh play so I can't give a thumbs up or down. Not that that stops anyone on this board for chiming their two cents in on players that they have never seen play. That never happens does it?

shower beers is offline Registered User

I don't think we should go for a QB with our (presumably) top 5 pick. I'd love for us to grab one of the two monster DTs available in Suh or McCoy. I think improving our defensive line has to be priority 1, or at least 1a, with 1b being our receiving corps.

With Bradford shutting down for the season, I'm not so sure he's shown us enough to warrant being picked so high, and honestly, he's the only QB I would even consider with the pick at this point. Besides, the QB position is relatively deep compared to previous years, so we can definitely wait until round 2 to address it, while still grabbing a good talent.

McCoy I could handle. Haven't seen Suh play so I can't give a thumbs up or down. Not that that stops anyone on this board for chiming their two cents in on players that they have never seen play. That never happens does it?

Yea, I guess we could say Facts often play second fiddle to Perception.

Suh impresses me with his mobility. It's not just that he moves well "for a big man"......he just moves well!

If you wait till Round 2 to grab a QB while going for a DT in Round 1, all the good WR's would be cherry picked and the Rams offense would be in the exact same predicament next season.

If you wait till Round 2 to grab a QB while going for a DT in Round 1, all the good WR's would be cherry picked and the Rams offense would be in the exact same predicament next season.
    Well, you gotta pick your poison at some point. Assuming all the producers are gone after Rd. 2 (which I don't think you or I either one believe), then some position will get neglected in the draft. It's either DT/QB no WR, QB/WR no DT, etc. Something is overlooked. That's why I want BPA. No passing over talent to fill a position.

mtah6245 is offline Registered User

Take Suh in the first. This guy is a beast and is probably the best player in the draft. I don't think it will take him three years to develop. Then take the QB Pike with the 2nd pick who I believe is the 2nd best QB in the draft.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mtah6245 View Post
    Take Suh in the first. This guy is a beast and is probably the best player in the draft. I don't think it will take him three years to develop. Then take the QB Pike with the 2nd pick who I believe is the 2nd best QB in the draft.
    I've been thinking along this line also in the past few days. Pike might be the kinda guy that we are looking for and we still get the best defensive player on the board. I saw Suh play against Missouri and some of the Iowa State game and he looks like the real deal.

Also, not too concerned with T. Pike's wrist injury as it is on his non-throwing arm; although, it is a bit disconcerning that this injury continues to linger.

Here's hoping that he can get it resolved quickly and get back on the field.

WHAT SAY YE?