GoRams1 is offline Registered User

I Change My Mind-- No WR In The First Round!

First of all, I'm all for Justin Blackmon if we take him in the 1st Round (I'm an OK State Homer).
    But I cant see Spags going WR in round 1. I say we take this guy... Von Miller.

YouTube - Von Miller Butkus Award Winner 2010 Highlights

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: I Change My Mind-- No WR In The First Round!

At the moment, Miller is projected as a late 1st/2nd Round project. If we were really lucky, and his stock were to remain where it is, he might slip to us in the middle of the second.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Von Miller seems like he'd be a perfect fit in a 3-4 defense, and would likely have a tough adjustment to life as an outside linebacker in a 4-3. You certainly wouldn't be able to give him as many opportunities to rush the passer as he'd get in a 3-4, and that's represented the majority of what he's done at A&M. I don't really question Miller's value there but just the fit.

Picking at 14, there might not be great value at the OLB position. I had Akeem Ayers in the top fifteen of my last mock, and I seem to be higher on him than some. If he runs well in offseason workouts, I think he rises into that range. If he runs poorly, he may be more of a late first round guy. If that's the case, who would that leave as an option in round one? It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

GoRams1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Von Miller seems like he'd be a perfect fit in a 3-4 defense, and would likely have a tough adjustment to life as an outside linebacker in a 4-3. You certainly wouldn't be able to give him as many opportunities to rush the passer as he'd get in a 3-4, and that's represented the majority of what he's done at A&M. I don't really question Miller's value there but just the fit.

Picking at 14, there might not be great value at the OLB position. I had Akeem Ayers in the top fifteen of my last mock, and I seem to be higher on him than some. If he runs well in offseason workouts, I think he rises into that range. If he runs poorly, he may be more of a late first round guy. If that's the case, who would that leave as an option in round one? It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    True, but we could disguise some blitzes from WLB and also form a couple of packages for him at RDE. Im not saying move him there full time, but its just a thought. BUT if Bowers is there we must take him. However, that would be a miracle sent from god himself
    Last edited by GoRams1; -01-06-2011 at 10:14 AM.