Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BigGame is offline Registered User

Re: I don't get it...OLB a huge need?

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I disagree. Think of it this way. When Ray Lewis was at his prime, what dud he have in front of him?

Millions of Dollars? Check
    All the skills necessary? Check
    Good supporting cast? Check
    2 Mammoth Mothers at DT? Check.
    I thought Ray's prime was spent in a 3-4 alignment.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    We didn't lose one game last year because Chillar just wasn't up to snuff.
    Well, of course you are not going to loose a game because of ONE defensive player, but Chiller didn't help at all. I specifically remember Larry Johnson making him look stupid on his 40 yarder in the 1st Qtr.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BigGame View Post
    I thought Ray's prime was spent in a 3-4 alignment.
    His 00 and 03 DPOY years were spent in the 4-3. The 00 D# featured Tony Siragusa (Big boy, eh?) and pro-bowler Sam Adams (Huge boy, eh?) at DT.

chiguy is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Well, of course you are not going to loose a game because of ONE defensive player, but Chiller didn't help at all. I specifically remember Larry Johnson making him look stupid on his 40 yarder in the 1st Qtr.
    Mainly because the defensive line didn't even get a hand on Johnson in the first place.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I put SOLB as 3rd on our list of needs. DT is #1, DE is #2, and then SOLB. Chillar's production isn't great, but by himself he outperformed all of our RDEs combined.

I've held water for Kennedy because I'm still holding on to what he did at PSU. He was a demon that made everyone else around him better, and has shown glimpses of that as a Ram. However, there has to be some level of consistency at NT, and that just hasn't happened yet. I'm still holding out hope simply because there is no other option available on the roster. You gotta show up in '07 big boy.

I'm not convinced Hall is the answer. Without the Buffalo game, he had 14 tackles and 2 sacks over 6 games last year, and he hasn't played since. I'm just not sure that is the production we should rest in to anchor the DE spot. That's really not anymore than Vic. Nothing wrong with Vic, but why do we consider Hall such an upgrade?

Defense isn't as complicated as some might think. It's built from the line then works its way back.......the D-backs will only be as good as the LBs.......the LBs will only be as good as the line.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123