Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I have an addiction to Mock Drafts, don't I?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I have an addiction to Mock Drafts, don't I?

F.A Signings:

Branden Albert, LT, Chiefs: I think Albert is an elite LT. The only issue with him is he's had an injury history. I think that (as well as Jake Long hitting the FA market) will decrease his price to where we can attain him. Half-way through the past season he was the 5th best OT in the NFL according to PFF. I would love to see Albert in a Rams uni.

Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Lions: I think we could use the depth up-front. Hill is an excellent run stuffer.

Re-Signs:

Joe Barksdale, OT
    Rob Turner, OG/C
    Will Hayes, DE
    Danny Amendola, WR

Draft:

1 - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Guys a monster, arguably the top rated prospect in the draft. He also fills a big need at LG, and steps in immediately. Looks like a guy who can be a perennial pro bowler. Good in pass pro, good in run blocking, effective at finding the 2nd level defenders and getting a hand on them.

1 - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford: Its a close race between Ertz and Eifert but I like Ertz as the better prospect right now. I think Ertz (though he isn't great at it) he is a better blocker than Eifert. Most of the damage Eifert does is outside of the numbers. Ertz can attack the seams effectively and makes a huge weapon at 6'6 for Sam on crucial 3rd downs and in the red-zone.

2 - Markus Wheaton, WR, OrST: Wheaton is a littler (5'11) fast twitch kind of guy. He is more quick than fast but is a good burner. He reminds me of Greg Jennings (though he will need to re-fine his routes). Wheaton provides excellent depth and a much needed weapon on the outside. Can even provide insurance if Danny isn't brought back.

3 - Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford: Taylor has lit it up at the senior bowl this week. Taylor is a compact guy at 5'11 and 216 lbs but he is powerful and hard to bring down. I think he is an excellent in between the tackles runner, and can be a 3rd down back right out of the gate (good pass pro). Taylor is a guy I think would be #1 on our depth chart and would be good to carry the rock 250+ times a year.

4 - Jonathan Cyprien, SS, FlaInt: Cyprien has been a riser this week at the senior bowl as well. He is a guy that's had excellent coverage skills in 1 on 1's. He also flys to the ball, and is an effective hitter.

5 - Kevin Reddick, OLB, UNC: I think Reddick can make the change to OLB in our scheme pretty effectively. He is a big LB at 6'1 246 lbs. He is good at the point of attack, he should help our run stuffing front 7 out. Very effective blitzer, has good instincts and football knowledge too.

6 - Tavarres King, WR, Georgia: I dont think we necessarily need another young developmental wideout, but I like King here. He fills out his frame well. Excellent change of direction ability, runs decent routes. He has great tactics to create separation. He also can get off presses effectively. I think King can make a nice red-zone threat, as well as a replacement for Gibson.

7 - JJ Wilcox, SS, Georgia Southern: Wilcox is my 2nd Safety of the draft, though he is a late rounder. I think he makes a good FS, that can pair well with Cyprien. Not an immediate starter, but somebody who can sit on the bench and learn and develop, definitely an ST player.

Depth Chart:

QB: Bradford/Austin
    RB: Taylor/Pead/DRICH
    FB: Kendricks
    WR1: Givens/Quick/King
    WR2: Wheaton/Quick
    Slot: Amendola/Pettis
    TE: Ertz/Kendricks/Harkey
    LT: Albert/Barksdale
    LG: Warmack/Turner
    C: Wells/Turner
    RG: Dahl/Turner
    RT: Saffold/Barksdale
    LE: Long/Hayes
    NT: Brockers/Cudjo
    UT: Langford/Lee Hill
    RE: Quinn/Sims
    SLB: Dunbar/Cole
    MLB: Laurinaitis/Hull
    WLB: Reddick/Cole
    CB1: Jenkins/Fletcher
    CB2: Johnson/Fletcher
    Slot: Finnegan/Pointer
    FS: Cyprien/Daniels
    SS: Mikell/Wilcox
    BarronWade likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: I have an addiction to Mock Drafts, don't I?

Warmack, Ertz, and Elam... I want two of these players with our first round picks. Wheaton is a really good player, the more I see film on him the more I want that guy on my team. I like your FA pick-ups, but I'd also throw in Greg Jennings and Jarius Byrd on my wish-list. Matter of fact, out of Albert, Jennings, and Byrd, I'd sign the one asking for the least amount of money and then draft whatever positions we don't address through free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Warmack, Ertz, and Elam... I want two of these players with our first round picks. Wheaton is a really good player, the more I see film on him the more I want that guy on my team. I like your FA pick-ups, but I'd also throw in Greg Jennings and Jarius Byrd on my wish-list. Matter of fact, out of Albert, Jennings, and Byrd, I'd sign the one asking for the least amount of money and then draft whatever positions we don't address through free agency.
    Seems reasonable. I like all of those FA options, its a shame we have limited money. I like Albert. He allows Saffold to move to RT, and then Warmack at LG and we have a complete line. One thats able to be dominant. Sam has sufficient weapons with Amendola, Givens, Wheaton, Quick, Kendricks, Ertz, and Taylor. Our defense also gets a few additions.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

Joseph Barksdale Tackle 7/28/2011: Signed a four-year, $2.579 million contract. The deal included a $539,800 signing bonus. 2013: $555,000, 2014: $645,000, 2015: Free Agent

He's not a free agent

citr92 is offline Registered User

woOoOoOds somewhere...

O line first though

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Joseph Barksdale Tackle 7/28/2011: Signed a four-year, $2.579 million contract. The deal included a $539,800 signing bonus. 2013: $555,000, 2014: $645,000, 2015: Free Agent

He's not a free agent
    Im trippin!

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    woOoOoOds somewhere...

O line first though
    Woods? As in Robert? Not a huge fan. I do agree that our offensive line does need some refining though.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Having the Rams sign Albert, one of the top free agent tackles, as well as resigning Turner, Hayes, and Amendola seems rather unrealistic to me. I don't see this team being able to do all that given the cap information we have.

As for the draft, I guess you really enjoyed the Senior Bowl, since every prospect outside of Round One participated in it. Round One looks great. Wheaton and Taylor are solid selections, though I'd prefer a bit more size in any receiver the Rams acquire. I'd also point out Taylor came in at 5'9" at the Senior Bowl weigh in. I don't think Cyprien is lasting until the mid fourth; if the Rams want him, I think they have to take him on Day Two. The other Day Three picks are fine, though I'm not sure I see the Rams double dipping on a WR for the second year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Having the Rams sign Albert, one of the top free agent tackles, as well as resigning Turner, Hayes, and Amendola seems rather unrealistic to me. I don't see this team being able to do all that given the cap information we have.

As for the draft, I guess you really enjoyed the Senior Bowl, since every prospect outside of Round One participated in it. Round One looks great. Wheaton and Taylor are solid selections, though I'd prefer a bit more size in any receiver the Rams acquire. I'd also point out Taylor came in at 5'9" at the Senior Bowl weigh in. I don't think Cyprien is lasting until the mid fourth; if the Rams want him, I think they have to take him on Day Two. The other Day Three picks are fine, though I'm not sure I see the Rams double dipping on a WR for the second year in a row.
    Perhaps we can't afford Albert, I don't really care much. This off-season is predicated on the draft, not so much FA's.

I didn't even realize that I had so many Senior Bowl participants! I guess I was just blown away with the recent swing of things, though I'm sure in 2 months time and after the combine I'll have some changes.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Nick that we won't have the dollars to make the FA moves you suggest. In particular, I'm reading that Albert wants premium LT money, which I don't think we'd give him.

As for the draft...

Round 1(16): Warmack is the guy I'm hoping for too, but I'm starting to doubt he'll be there.

Round 1(22): Ertz - not my first choice, but I could live with that.

Round 2: Wheaton. I think that's too early for him. I think there will be better WR options still available at that point.

Round 3: Taylor. I prefer Le'Veon Bell, but I wouldn't have a big problem with Taylor.

Round 4: Cyprien. You really like Senior Bowl reports, huh? Could be a good sleeper.

The rest: too early for me to evaluate Rounds 5-7.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Oh... and also...

Might as well face it, you're addicted to mocks!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Good old Robert Palmer, May he Rest in Peace. One of my favorite songs from the '80's.

If you don't have us resigning SJax, I think we'll need a more rugged RB like Bell from MSU over Taylor, whom I like but worry that his size may preclude him from playing 3 downs in the NFL, particularly in our division with tough run defenses.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by mde8352gorams; -01-25-2013 at 04:56 PM.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Woods? As in Robert? Not a huge fan. I do agree that our offensive line does need some refining though.
    i think he'll change people's minds by the time the draft rolls around

underrated imo

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    i think he'll change people's minds by the time the draft rolls around

underrated imo
    I'm a big Robert Woods fan, and if the Rams were somehow able to get him in the 3rd round I'd be ecstatic.
    citr92 likes this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

You can call it a mocking addiction I would just leave it at excitement: We have a team that finally young and trending upward with good leadership I think we should all be excited about the off-season

The draft is really good I like the idea of giving a mid round rookie a shot at starting maybe he can really turn into something special and worst case scenario is he will still be better than dahl

My only question mark is Wheaton; I understand we have our goal line threats in Kendricks and Ertz after round 1 but I dont see where Wheaton fits because you have us signing Danny...But the mock is really good overall at the least we sure up the o-line for years.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast