Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: I have to say it.

Freeney is overrated, and won't help us much with stopping the run.

BRUUUUUUUUCE

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

All I have to say is, "Charles Grant".

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    KC must still just be slow on how to stop him two sacks in a playoff game is big.
    KC isn't that good a team, and IMO their coach stinks. I put Freeny in the same league with Mario Williams. Mario has 1 way to get to the QB, a bull rush. Freeny has 1 way to get to the QB, his speed. You need an all around game at DE to have a sustained career. Look at Bruce Smith, now there was a DE. He had a variety of ways to rush the passer, and didn't rely on just one technique.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Dwight Freeney and the Colts don't look the same. Anyone still think he would not be a plus on our D.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Dwight Freeney and the Colts don't look the same. Anyone still think he would not be a plus on our D.
    I still would rather look elsewhere for our DE help, yes.

Besides Nick

Rams99 is offline Registered User

Arrow Dwight Freeney

Why dont we just pick up Freeney to go on the other side of Little ;-)

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agreed, why number 1 get a DE from the worst rush defense...yeah yeah I know they're doing well now, but thats another story.and 2...in my opinion the biggest problem is the size and the cost. Rambos, you wanted to get all these guys in this other thread, and you still want Freeney, getting this guy would DEFINITELY jeopardize getting the players you wanted in that other thread. I say no to this guy, he hasn't been that high octane player that we need. We need a bigger defensive line, and to get Freeney is being hypocritical to our "improvement" of defense.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I watched the Colts vs Ravens game and i laughed out loud when Freeney tried to bullrush Jon Ogden. Ogden tossed him aside like a little ragdoll.

Now i know Ogden is a good player, but the Rams play against Walter Jones twice a year, we need someone who can do better then that

Agreed, why number 1 get a DE from the worst rush defense...yeah yeah I know they're doing well now, but thats another story
    Yeah what is the story can you help me out and tell me the story?

in my opinion the biggest problem is the size and the cost
    I will give you size will all want to get bigger, but cost not sure we can get a productive DE in FA without spending money.

you wanted to get all these guys in this other thread
    Three guys, three guys! The only thing that different in the other thread is I said I would get Grant as DE. Thatís it. I got news for you in this form until draft day you are going to seem so many Mock drafts and FA scenarios you will get dizzy.

getting this guy would DEFINITELY jeopardize getting the players you wanted in that other thread.
    If we got Grant there would be no need for Freeney.

to get Freeney is being hypocritical to our "improvement" of defense

I ask the question if we got Freeney would that be a bad thing. Some people thing it would be a very bad move, including you. Heís not my first choice but I donít think it would be the worst thing that could happen. You have the right to express your options and I can play devils advocate, itís not being a hypocritic there are many plays and many things to discus.

One last thing if we got Freeney and he had a monster year 16-18 sacks, playing opposite of Little can someone anyone can tell me how thatís a bad thing?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Yeah what is the story can you help me out and tell me the story?

I will give you size will all want to get bigger, but cost not sure we can get a productive DE in FA without spending money.

Three guys, three guys! The only thing that different in the other thread is I said I would get Grant as DE. Thatís it. I got news for you in this form until draft day you are going to seem so many Mock drafts and FA scenarios you will get dizzy.

I ask the question if we got Freeney would that be a bad thing. Some people thing it would be a very bad move, including you. Heís not my first choice but I donít think it would be the worst thing that could happen. You have the right to express your options and I can play devils advocate, itís not being a hypocritic there are many plays and many things to discus.

One last thing if we got Freeney and he had a monster year 16-18 sacks, playing opposite of Little can someone anyone can tell me how thatís a bad thing?
    Ahh, I thought you meant those 3 guys (which will add up regardless!!) and getting Freeney as well would be silly, my mistake.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

If we're still allowing 150 yards per game on the ground after spending all the money, I don't see how it could be considered a good thing. Starting two speed rushers on your defensive line is not going to help your run defense very much, IMO. If we didn't already have a player like Little, then looking at Freeney would make more sense. But you need someone else to compliment Little, and to me, another speed rusher doesn't do it.

If we're still allowing 150 yards per game on the ground after spending all the money, I don't see how it could be considered a good thing. Starting two speed rushers on your defensive line is not going to help your run defense very much, IMO. If we didn't already have a player like Little, then looking at Freeney would make more sense. But you need someone else to compliment Little, and to me, another speed rusher doesn't do it.
    Besides Nick lol, I agree with you Nick as far as giving up 150 plus on the ground goes. I would say this, with one year of playing for the new coaches, with a year of playing in the new scheme, with all the new players we brought in last year having a year of playing together. And with a Healthy Tino (Not sure how long he will be), there is no way we are this bad against the run next year period IMO. Another negative was Hargrove going a wall and being traded in mid season. That could not have helped.

Iím not sure what Freeney is going to demand when he hits the market he may cost way too much. But there is a need to get more pressure on the QB other then Little. It takes more then one guy to stop the run and it takes more then one legit pass rusher.

Itís going to be a tradeoff , a DE that can get pressures or a guy like Victor that can support against the run.

Like I said earlier I would like to get Grant, he would do both for us. But I would not cry if we ended up with Freeney. He would be an upgrade.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I say go for Grant. If that's not a possibilty, then you can start looking at Freeney.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12