Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: I hope Linehan learns from past mistakes.

You have to look at why Bulger has been injured so much. Sure he did get hurt trying to make a tackle but for the most part he was a sitting duck behind that line with all of the long passing plays called and holes on the line he was getting killed just the same way Warner did. Linehan says he will let Bulger audible, not call so many 7 step drops, hopefully that will help provide better protection for Bulger. With that being said I don't want to draft Cutler with our first pick. We can wait until next year to draft a QB, we have too many other needs this year.

BRUUUUUUUUCE

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We'll see....hey, there's a scenario for every position on our team except three....Wilkins, Holt and Pace. Everyone else? It's up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    He's a top ten quarterback when healthy. If Linehan can keep him out of the trainer's room with better protection, does he really need to make leaps and bounds for the Rams to have to consider resigning him in two years?
    For the money he's going to be asking for? Yes. He does. He has to take us deep into the playoffs.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    For the money he's going to be asking for? Yes. He does. He has to take us deep into the playoffs.
    Can you PM me his agent's phone number, so I can get a copy of the contract demands you're looking at? :tongue:

Bottom line is we don't know what kind of money he'll command just yet, so again, I wouldn't stress over it until we see what happens in 2006.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I give up.....UNCLE....

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DRAFT TO BE OVER. THERE'S MORE SPECULATION IN THE DRAFT THEN HOW MANY FACE LIFTS HAS JOAN COLLINS HAD.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -04-12-2006 at 02:28 PM.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The guy played in one of the toughest conferences in college and won on the road with most of the time an inferior team.

He has a gun of an arm, can read defenses, is cool under pressure and is a solid #1 pick. Now, do the Rams NEED him now? No. Could he be a more valuable pick at the #11 slot than what's left on the board? Absolutely.
    Then we're on the same page then. Do we need him? no. Should we take him? I'll leave that open for debate.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I can't believe you're so negative about Bulger. He's a very good NFL quarterback who has been absolutely pummeled because of Martz's minimum protection schemes. You might wonder if the front office will resign him, but I'm willing to be there is no question in their mind what they will do at this point.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Martz's minimum protection schemes
    A little off-topic, but Martz's "minimum" protection scheme is a slight misnomer. It wasn't uncommon to leave 6 or 7 in protection, but our interior has never been (at least over the past couple of years) athletic enough to excel in his zone blocking scheme. That's a scheme for athletic in-sync linemen.....and we just haven't had that. Hopefully, Linehan's man-up blocking will be more conducive to our interior line.

So, was Martz' blocking scheme part of the problem? Yes.
    Was it the "minimum" scheme that several see it as? Not necessarily.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Oh my....now I'm down on Bulger

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy
    I can't believe you're so negative about Bulger. He's a very good NFL quarterback who has been absolutely pummeled because of Martz's minimum protection schemes. You might wonder if the front office will resign him, but I'm willing to be there is no question in their mind what they will do at this point.
    I'm not down on him...geez where was everyone when I was defending him from the Warner brigade? Look, the guy can play in this league but let's face facts....he's been hurt every year. No matter who is at fault, to me that's irrelevant. What, the injured list has a special area for coaches getting players killed so the injury isn't that significant? An injury is an injury, no matter who you think caused it.

Bulger's contract is up after 2007 and right now he's in the 10th to 15th range of QB's in the league. On third down he's historically good but on first and second down he has always struggled. He has to improve or the Rams would be dumb not to look for a replacement.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq
    It is an unfair stigma for a smaller-school guy like cutler to experience. Think of Vincent Jackson last year, and Ricardo ColClough from 04. Both experience similar prosmects from smaller schools, probably more of an extremity are the aforementioned, but you can whack cutler in that same boat. I think he's a wee bit over-ranked, and should fall into the 16-23 range.

A small school like miami ohio*cough*Ben Roethlisberger*cough*

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Oh my....now I'm down on Bulger

On third down he's historically good but on first and second down he has always struggled.
    The last two years, his numbers on first and second down have been better than his third down numbers.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I stand corrected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12