Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lostsoul is offline Registered User

I Pray We Do Not Draft This Kid

Will Hill

Search for: THE HAPPY FOOTBALL LIFE OF WILL HILL - Every Day Should Be Saturday

Are you kidiing me?!?!?!
    I hope this kid comes no where near the NFL.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-28-2011 at 10:57 AM.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: I Pray We Do Not Draft This Kid

I don't even need to look at the link they talked about this on espn. I think someone still takes a chance on him, not us though.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I've edited the link out of the original post for two reasons. One, we generally do not allow links on the site and would prefer members copy and paste content. But two, the content in the article is not family friendly, so I'd not recommend copying and pasting it. That said, I left the name of the article in the original post so those who want to read it can find it if they'd like. I've referenced it in other posts, but I'm just not sure it's appropriate to copy to the site because of its content.

richtree is offline Registered User

I still think we should draft him. I personally know Will Hill like Kenny Britt, and his love to play football is greater than all other influences.

Hill was greatly impacted by coach Meyer not being around the program and needs to make a living. Hill comes from the worst of places and needs money for his family. Granted he hasn't had the greatest background but the NFL draft and interviews will show him flying up draft boards.

Hill didn't have a public twitter for his 3 years at UF and magically it appears when he declares for draft. I think this can be used as a tool, but the interview process is much more important with these players.

He will be a starter and solid in the NFL and most people just jump on every bad story they here.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Hill didn't have a public twitter for his 3 years at UF and magically it appears when he declares for draft.
    So you're implying the Twitter account is fake? Hill himself admits the account is his, but claims it was hacked 5-6 months ago (nevermind the offensive tweets date back nearly a year).

Here's the Orlando Sentinel's brief write-up about it:

Then there's the recent tweet controversy of former University of Florida safety Will Hill, whose Twitter account was littered with disgusting and obscene tweets (yes, the N-word and the F-Bomb are dropped multiple times) like the one where Hill tells his followers about receiving oral sex and smoking a marijuana cigarette while behind the wheel of a car. Amazing that Hill could multi-task so effectively on Twitter, but seemingly couldn't cover a single FSU receiver last fall.

Hill ridiculously claimed on a Gainesville radio show recently that his Twitter account had been hacked and those weren't really his words. Nevermind that the offending tweets date back months and Hill only decided to investigate this alleged hacker when a college football website recently published the embarrassing tweets. If Urban Meyer were still UF's coach, I'm sure he would say Hill is a "great kid" and blame everything on former Sentinel reporter Jeremy Fowler.

Funny how more people care of Will Hill's twitter account than Julio Jones being in a car hours before a gang murder......

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Just from reading the title of this thread I knew straight away it would be about Will Hill and that article. Personally I found it funny, a person changes so much through college mainly by maturing and just learning about life. I have no problem with a guy having a little fun when he was 19 or 20 but if he can play safety in the NFL I'd have him on the team.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Even if this kid was a choir boy, there's 5 or 6 SS prospects that are better than him. For that matter, he's not even the best safety prospect out of UF.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Even if this kid was a choir boy, there's 5 or 6 SS prospects that are better than him. For that matter, he's not even the best safety prospect out of UF.

Are you evaluating the talent or just going by early draft boards? I doubt many people are evaluating him as a talent, because he is probably the top atheltic talent in any safety coming out this year

Funny how more people care of Will Hill's twitter account than Julio Jones being in a car hours before a gang murder......
    Almost as funny as trying to deflect attention away from Hill by implying a three-year old incident in which Julio Jones was a witness is supposed to be the smoking gun that reveals his enormous character concerns.

What did Hill do so bad ?

What did Hill do so bad ?
    The Twitter comments are, to put it lightly, obscene and immature, so much so that I did not feel comfortable allowing them to be posted on this site. You seem entirely willing to excuse all of them, yet seem to think Jones' association with a friend's uncle three years ago when he was in high school is some major character red flag.

I really don't follow the logic. There is no evidence to my knowledge that Jones has any character concerns besides attempted guilt by association. Meanwhile, the character questions about Hill are right there in a Twitter account he admits is his own, not to mention academic suspensions this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The Twitter comments are, to put it lightly, obscene and immature, so much so that I did not feel comfortable allowing them to be posted on this site. You seem entirely willing to excuse all of them, yet seem to think Jones' association with a friend's uncle three years ago when he was in high school is some major character red flag.

I really don't follow the logic. There is no evidence to my knowledge that Jones has any character concerns besides attempted guilt by association. Meanwhile, the character questions about Hill are right there in a Twitter account he admits is his own, not to mention academic suspensions this season.
    Firstly, like I said -- I personally know Hill as I personally know Britt, so I know more than most. Secondly, I agree that Jones looks great, just not as great as all of you ......Lastly, many of you discount Hill without realizing his talent and that he thought the twitter account was private that someone opened up to the public.

All in all -- Yes, Hill made a mistake and showed some immaturity but he has a love of football that is far greater and the talent of a pro-bowl safety. He wasn't rated as the #1 high school athelte by Rivals for nothing.

It is just as hypocritical to discount a player from draft because of what you think is immature when you can have a great player.
    Will Hill for RAMS all day !!!!!!!!!!!!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I'm usually fairly quiet during the offseason, because I prefer to read the evaluations of people with much more awareness of the college game than I. That said...using the N word outside of academic discourse is immature. At best. There is no "thinking" it's immature, it's not a socially acceptable word.

That said, word choice isn't necessarily a reason to discount someone, but I admittedly am not fully educated on the situation. Still, if there are better prospects, I'd just assume draft them anyway.

Firstly, like I said -- I personally know Hill as I personally know Britt, so I know more than most. Secondly, I agree that Jones looks great, just not as great as all of you ......Lastly, many of you discount Hill without realizing his talent and that he thought the twitter account was private that someone opened up to the public.
    First, you implied the account was fake. Then, you questioned what he did that was that bad. Now, it's not Hill's fault because it was a private account that someone else opened up to the public.

You seem to be doing everything you can to make excuses for this. Perhaps you know him personally because you're his agent?

All in all -- Yes, Hill made a mistake and showed some immaturity but he has a love of football that is far greater and the talent of a pro-bowl safety. He wasn't rated as the #1 high school athelte by Rivals for nothing.
    Itís hard to put much relevance in Hillís ranking as a high school prospect when you downplayed his ranking as a pro prospect just a few posts earlier in a response to HUbison.

But regardless of how Hill was rated coming out of high school or whether he has Pro Bowl talent, he's underachieved at Florida. He admits he was lazy and took plays off as a sophomore who couldn't lock down a spot in the Gators' starting line-up. He finally became a full-time starter this season and was a disappointment.

Since you referenced Rivals, hereís what the Gators Rivals site had to say about Hill after the 2010 season when they ranked him #2 on the list of players they expected more from: ďHyped last summer as a potential All-American candidate, he was dogged by poor tackling and inconsistent play in coverage.Ē

The guy has physical talent, I will agree with that. He will probably have a good showing in Combine workouts because he gets to put that ability on display in a non-game setting. But heís been unable to put it all together where itís most important - on the field.

When you combine that with questionable-at-best maturity, work ethic, and academic suspensions, I donít see a package that should be particularly appealing to the Rams.

It is just as hypocritical to discount a player from draft because of what you think is immature when you can have a great player.
    This makes zero sense, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast